Celtic fans unhappy with £52 ticket price for Ibrox

You wouldn't go as far as to suggest it's fleecing fans?
Yet you say they'll routinely rob, take advantage and pilfer?

That's quite a leap there.

Robbery and pilfering are both references to theft which of course couldn't be further from the truth.
There's a game on, it's £52 a ticket. You buy one or you don't. Nobody is being robbed or pilfered, it's a free market and there is a match ticket in exchange for your money.

Also it is perfectly fair to compare concerts.
I wanted to see ELO but the 90 quid ticket was above what I'd pay so I left it.
Slipknot play Glasgow next year, I'd pay £90 for that if that's the ticket price. It's a gig I really don't want to miss.

It's not about injustice and playing on emotions, it's how sales work.
It wouldn't sell out at ELO prices of £90, so guess what? It's not £90 a ticket.
It will sell out at £52, so that's what the price is.

This is staggering.

Like the previous poster you have failed to acknowledge the unique relationship between football clubs and their fans.

My loyalty for the club I love has been aggressively exploited by other clubs for decades. I have paid ticket prices higher than other SPL fans pay to access decrepit grounds in which I fear for my safety and have been recorded by police for ninety minutes. I have been exploited by Thomas Cook charging excessively high fees for travel to games in Barcelona, Valencia, Lisbon, Eindhoven and Luxembourg. I have paid money to watch games that have been abandoned first time around and which the home club have still charged money for. And I do it because I love the club.

If your argument is that the price of tickets can be capped at whatever price they can be sold out for, you're setting a precedent whereby you're suggesting that ticket prices can be inflated to whatever artificially high prices would sell out an allocation. I reckon our away section at Parkhead would still sell out if it was 200 quid a ticket. Would that be fair? I'd like you to respond directly to this.

I also didn't say that Rangers and Celtic rob, take advantage of and pilfer money - I said they've taken advantage of an atmosphere and culture in which this happens.

This is staggering.

Like the previous poster you have failed to acknowledge the unique relationship between football clubs and their fans.

My loyalty for the club I love has been aggressively exploited by other clubs for decades. I have paid ticket prices higher than other SPL fans pay to access decrepit grounds in which I fear for my safety and have been recorded by police for ninety minutes. I have been exploited by Thomas Cook charging excessively high fees for travel to games in Barcelona, Valencia, Lisbon, Eindhoven and Luxembourg. I have paid money to watch games that have been abandoned first time around and which the home club have still charged money for. And I do it because I love the club.

If your argument is that the price of tickets can be capped at whatever price they can be sold out for, you're setting a precedent whereby you're suggesting that ticket prices can be inflated to whatever artificially high prices would sell out an allocation. I reckon our away section at Parkhead would still sell out if it was 200 quid a ticket. Would that be fair? I'd like you to respond directly to this.

I also didn't say that Rangers and Celtic rob, take advantage of and pilfer money - I said they've taken advantage of an atmosphere and culture in which this happens.
So can you answer my post.
By the way you have fed these Clubs that hate us

what school did you go to? :D
How many people come on here bragging to tell us they spent that to see El clásico. Before taking flights and accommodation into account.

As I've said before. I'd watch Rangers v al ion Rovers before Madrid v Barca so it makes me laugh.

Then you'll have some of the complainers who never go and others who have spent 600 quid plus to go to any number of qualifiers these last few weeks.

Ohx and then complain King doesn't dig deep enough.

Charge the mentally challengeds 80 a head I say.
And when they do the same? Tell them to ram it.
Easy.

Where did I say that, what is staggering is how you came to that conclusion.
Can you tell me where our fans are getting exploited by our Club ?

I didn't say anything about Rangers fans being exploited by the club.

Your response to high ticket costs and travel was simply something about that being someone's choice.

I don't attend too many concerts so I don't know if 90 quid is the going rate or not.

What a pathetic response that flies in the face of an away support that has sold out EVERY SINGLE ALLOCATION since Dundee United away in the Scottish Cup SIX AND A HALF YEARS AGO.
Not for me, Rangers First, Rangers only
If fans want to go I can understand that. But In will not finance them through ticket sales.
Ps You are not unique, we all love The Rangers

Not too sure where you're going with this. I think the prices of tickets across the whole of Scottish football are a disgrace. I made that clear in my opening post. People posting 'good' that ticket prices are on the increase are idiots or they don't go to games.
You use the word idiot.
An idiot to me would be someone expecting a business who CAN sell out at a higher price to offer a discount. Then complaint we are behind our rivals if we do.

What a pathetic response that flies in the face of an away support that has sold out EVERY SINGLE ALLOCATION since Dundee United away in the Scottish Cup SIX AND A HALF YEARS AGO.
You are very angry. Trying to justify giving money to those who despise us.
It's your right, I'll give you that. Do what you want with your cash. But it's a bit much fucking your own team in the arse then firing cheap shots at your fellow fans.

I didn't say anything about Rangers fans being exploited by the club.

Your response to high ticket costs and travel was simply something about that being someone's choice.

I don't attend too many concerts so I don't know if 90 quid is the going rate or not.
£90 is on the low side, which Concerts have you attended and how much did you pay?
Everything in life is about choice.

Last edited:
You are very angry. Trying to justify giving money to those who despise us.
It's your right, I'll give you that. Do what you want with your cash. But it's a bit much fucking your own team in the arse then firing cheap shots at your fellow fans.

Look mate, you're right. It is my right. But someone having a go at you for going to away games when it's not an entirely relevant matter is just sad, especially when the appetite for away games is so large, the support have sold out every away allocation for nearly seven years and there's a constant scramble for tickets. It's baffling how that could be regarded as a cheap shot, and while it's fair enough that you could interpret this as "fucking your own team in the arse" there are simply tens of thousands of fans who stand in opposition to that view.

This is staggering.

Cutting out all the drama.
You pay to see Rangers like everyone else does, we all love Rangers.
We pay more because we're the big draw, which again is where my concert prices are valid.
The bigger the act, the higher the demand, the higher the ticket price.

We all know this is how markets work, yet somehow we want to pretend it's exploitation and emotional blackmail because we're football fans.

I've said earlier in the thread, we all accepted a rise in our season ticket prices.
I don't get why we should pay more for our seats yet not charge the vermin more for their visit.

And as you've asked if it would be 'fair' for the filth to charge £200 a ticket, then yes it would. It is their stadium, their fixture, they charge as they see fit.
I don't see how fairness is even a consideration, especially when applied to that filth.

Last edited:
The price is excessive but let's not forget the no. of ST holders we have so there is massive demand for a few thousand tickets (900) for them. It would be silly for the club not to maximise on the demand.
It's the most anticipated game in the UK calendar and you will pay £50 to watch Arsenal v Norwich in the Oil League down South.
The quality won't be the same but the spectacle, atmosphere, wee bit of poison and drama destroys anything a Liverpool v Man Utd or Spurs v Arsenal game serves up...and I'm sure people would happily pay £50 for those fixtures.
Anyway %^*& em, we should take the fine and charge them double for the deep cleaning costs to fumigate the corner after they depart

How many people come on here bragging to tell us they spent that to see El clásico. Before taking flights and accommodation into account.

As I've said before. I'd watch Rangers v al ion Rovers before Madrid v Barca so it makes me laugh.

Then you'll have some of the complainers who never go and others who have spent 600 quid plus to go to any number of qualifiers these last few weeks.

Ohx and then complain King doesn't dig deep enough.

Charge the mentally challengeds 80 a head I say.
And when they do the same? Tell them to ram it.
Easy.
That's what I say, charge them £100 and because we have to sell home tickets at the same price we should add a loop hole that the ticket is say £40 for the home end and the club will pay £60 to Erskine or even better an in house charity? Benevolent fund etc

That ship has sailed, matey. And it ain’t ever coming back.
No Paedos in the Broomie.
What has that to do with anything. You were talking about going to the Piggery where you said most don’t want to go, another misconception on FF. everyone I know that travels to the games gone & away will want a ticket for the return game, myself included.

let me find you

you said to the poster in your quote you fed the clubs who hate us
Yes, when you go to away games ( and I get the reasons ) You are giving money to Celtic, Hibs, Aberdeen etc.
The very Clubs that were the heart of trying to kill us, by all means go but you can't deny you are feeding these Clubs

What has that to do with anything. You were talking about going to the Piggery where you said most don’t want to go, another misconception on FF. everyone I know that travels to the games gone & away will want a ticket for the return game, myself included.
I agree with you that our away support will pay anything to see us at Parkhead, but I also agree that most of our fans won't go there

You have as much chance of getting a ticket for the dump as you had last season. If you want as many Bears as possible to get one, then you’re suggesting we go back to taking 8,000 tickets .

You have as much chance of getting a ticket for the dump as you had last season. If you want as many Bears as possible to get one, then you’re suggesting we go back to taking 8,000 tickets .
I never said I wanted as many bears possible, I’m saying the majority will be wanting one. And I got one last season anyway

Yes, when you go to away games ( and I get the reasons ) You are giving money to Celtic, Hibs, Aberdeen etc.
The very Clubs that were the heart of trying to kill us, by all means go but you can't deny you are feeding these Clubs
am sure they feel the same about coming to us

I never said I wanted as many bears possible, I’m saying the majority will be wanting one. And I got one last season anyway

The days when 30,000 of us went there are long gone.
The rank and file will not go near the cesspit nowadays. If 800 Bears want to experience that place, then good luck to them, they’ll certainly need it.

So you would deprive 7000 Rangers fans a ticket for Ibrox, so you could get a better chance of a ticket for Parkhead?
am top points on the sc bus and we do ok to get 1/2 more normally since this allocation disaster ....

so my chances are better :p?

St Mirren are charging us a lot more on Sunday‎ than they charge other away supports, has that made the news?, the tims have been charging us similar prices for many a year, has that made the news?

Will the press report on their beloved 'hoops' in December when they continue to charge us prices like this and higher?

will they %^*&

St Mirren are charging us a lot more on Sunday‎ than they charge other away supports, has that made the news?, the tims have been charging us similar prices for many a year, has that made the news?

Will the press report on their beloved 'hoops' in December when they continue to charge us prices like this and higher?

will they %^*&
accies 22 up to 25 now

Back