Celtic fans unhappy with £52 ticket price for Ibrox

The average Bear who thankfully see the bigger picture here.
Enjoy your trip to the Piggery though, I’m sure it will be a marvellous experience.
I’m sure I will if we win.

All I said was the majority that got away from home will want a ticket for the return game, and you’ve came away with rank and file nonsense and mentioning the allocations when that wasn’t even spoke about

Ticket prices are only worth no more or less than the value that someone is willing to pay

Ffs Myself and the good lady were unlucky in the official ticket ballot for the 2016 Scottish cup semi final against the filth at hampden.

Found a hospitality package advertised for £300 with 29 members club, did I pay? of course I did, and the outcome of the game made it well worth the price £600 for 2 of us.

Bottom line I was lucky enough to afford the asking price and paid because I was willing to pay the asking price to attend this particular game against the filth - I was also offered a similar hospitality deal for the final and refused to pay because I considered that it was too expensive for that particular game and opposition.

Cutting out all the drama.
You pay to see Rangers like everyone else does, we all love Rangers.
We pay more because we're the big draw, which again is where my concert prices are valid.
The bigger the act, the higher the demand, the higher the ticket price.

We all know this is how markets work, yet somehow we want to pretend it's exploitation and emotional blackmail because we're football fans.

I've said earlier in the thread, we all accepted a rise in our season ticket prices.
I don't get why we should pay more for our seats yet not charge the vermin more for their visit.

And as you've asked if it would be 'fair' for the filth to charge £200 a ticket, then yes it would. It is their stadium, their fixture, they charge as they see fit.
I don't see how fairness is even a consideration, especially when applied to that filth.

No, the concert price tickets comparison isn't valid. The excessively high ticket prices that football fans pay is part of a consistent institutionalised exploitation of the working class that involves collusion by transport companies, the government, television, the police and football bodies. Football clubs can play upwards of three games a match. Paul McCartney visits Glasgow once every ten years.

I have less of a problem giving Rangers my money than I do other clubs who charge our fans significantly more because they know they can get away with it. Clubs in Scotland take advantage of, and will continue to take advantage of, Rangers fans' unwavering loyalty for their team. We would continue to sell out away allocations if all the tickets cost 50 quid. Under the auspices of the free market, you seem to think that this is a fit and proper way to allocate prices to tickets - work out how much you can get away with charging, and then charge it. I'd be really interesting to know what you'd think of the potential prices of some potential Europa League away games this season - I suppose it's okay charging Rangers fans 90, 100 euros for a match at the Emirates because we'd sell out the allocation? In fact, what did you think of St Joe's charging our fans considerably more for our game than they did their preliminary game? We're the big box office draw, we'd pay a lot more and not question it - totally fair, right?

We may have "accepted" a rise to season ticket prices, but surely Rangers have an obligation to charge as much as they can to sell out the stadium? Surely they could rise season ticket prices by 20, 30 percent and still sell out season tickets?

If you think that it's fair for a football team to charge a group of working class supporters 200 quid for a ticket - who would continue to sell to sell it out regardless of price, you don't have a grounding on how financial difficulty it is for some fans to go to the football, and somewhere in there something about fans blindly, loyally and unthinkingly paying these prices because of the love for their team.

the rumour is Celtic is pushing for the 5% away rule ....hoping they get it would benefit us

I’m sure I will if we win.

All I said was the majority that got away from home will want a ticket for the return game, and you’ve came away with rank and file nonsense and mentioning the allocations when that wasn’t even spoke about

No, most Bears I know haven’t been to that place since the old days. Even when we had 8,000 up to just recently,that is still a tiny minority of the support.

the rumour is Celtic is pushing for the 5% away rule ....hoping they get it would benefit us

it gets us 3k at theirs
YES PLEASE
No wonder every club fucks us over with guys like you in our support. Reading your previous posts I take it you attended the supposed boycotted Dundee hibs game. I don't go to away games anymore as I won't fund our haters and get treated like scum by police etc. You keep on believing your a bigger rangers fan than me but where I'm from theirs a name for guys like you.
So your happy to have rangers season ticket holders kicked out their seats just for your own selfish reasons.

So your hoping angers fans get fu

No wonder every club fucks us over with guys like you in our support. Reading your previous posts I take it you attended the supposed boycotted Dundee hibs game. I don't go to away games anymore as I won't fund our haters and get treated like scum by police etc. You keep on believing your a bigger rangers fan than me but where I'm from theirs a name for guys like you.
So your happy to have rangers season ticket holders kicked out their seats just for your own selfish reasons.
follow follow we will follow Rangers

No, the concert price tickets comparison isn't valid. The excessively high ticket prices that football fans pay is part of a consistent institutionalised exploitation of the working class that involves collusion by transport companies, the government, television, the police and football bodies. Football clubs can play upwards of three games a match. Paul McCartney visits Glasgow once every ten years.

I have less of a problem giving Rangers my money than I do other clubs who charge our fans significantly more because they know they can get away with it. Clubs in Scotland take advantage of, and will continue to take advantage of, Rangers fans' unwavering loyalty for their team. We would continue to sell out away allocations if all the tickets cost 50 quid. Under the auspices of the free market, you seem to think that this is a fit and proper way to allocate prices to tickets - work out how much you can get away with charging, and then charge it. I'd be really interesting to know what you'd think of the potential prices of some potential Europa League away games this season - I suppose it's okay charging Rangers fans 90, 100 euros for a match at the Emirates because we'd sell out the allocation? In fact, what did you think of St Joe's charging our fans considerably more for our game than they did their preliminary game? We're the big box office draw, we'd pay a lot more and not question it - totally fair, right?

We may have "accepted" a rise to season ticket prices, but surely Rangers have an obligation to charge as much as they can to sell out the stadium? Surely they could rise season ticket prices by 20, 30 percent and still sell out season tickets?

If you think that it's fair for a football team to charge a group of working class supporters 200 quid for a ticket - who would continue to sell to sell it out regardless of price, you don't have a grounding on how financial difficulty it is for some fans to go to the football, and somewhere in there something about fans blindly, loyally and unthinkingly paying these prices because of the love for their team.
Sorry you've gone way too far with that now.

Collusion with transport, tv companies and the government to charge football fans over the odds?

You do realise this is a Rangers forum?

I'd be delighted if you could tell us who in Government or TV is working alongside Rangers.

Sorry you've gone way too far with that now.

Collusion with transport, tv companies and the government to charge football fans over the odds?

You do realise this is a Rangers forum?

I'd be delighted if you could tell us who in Government or TV is working alongside Rangers.

I'm not sure you've understood my statement if you're asking who is working "alongside" Rangers.

You're aware of the negative definition of collusion, yes?

I'm not sure you've understood my statement if you're asking who is working "alongside" Rangers.

You're aware of the negative definition of collusion, yes?
So let me get this straight?

By NOT working alongside Rangers, you believe somehow the TV companies, government and transport companies are forcing our ticket prices to rise?

You've already stated in this thread that you used to able to attend an OF game in the 80s for about 2 quid.

I remember my first cup final in the late 80s was £3 as was my first European game in 1990.

I can only assume then that the Government interference in forcing clubs to charge more happened as recently as the 1990s?

Nothing to do with Sky and all seater stadia?

Did you see how they reacted to having no supporters at Ibrox? They shit themselves. The advantage they have held over us from having a full stand, versus is being in the corner has been proven to be huge.

I'd not want to give that back for the sake of a few extra Bears going to the shitpit.
no proof ......

nope... when it happens I doubt much will be effected at all
That makes no sense. Just math suggests 2500 versus 1000, means 1500 Bears would be impacted. Add to that the difficulty of safely putting 2500 of them anywhere in Ibrox and you're probably talking about another 500 minimum being impacted. They can still cram 3000 in the corner without much of an impact on security.

The days when 30,000 of us went there are long gone.
The rank and file will not go near the cesspit nowadays. If 800 Bears want to experience that place, then good luck to them, they’ll certainly need it.
The rank and file won’t go near there? That’s just not true. I’ve done Rangers home and away for 20 years now know personally hundreds of Rangers fans who attend as many games as they can and I do not know one single person who won’t go there if they can get a ticket.

Follow follow is a weird wee place.

They have plenty enough seats,as it stands!!!!if they do not want to pay it tell them to phuck off,plenty of the chosen ones would gladly fill our own stadium,it’s no coincidence in our performances and results,since the “smelly ones “have had their allocation reduced,also look at a couple of their players eyes and body action,when we are in full voice,they don’t like it,especially the big skinny so called central defender.

The rank and file won’t go near there? That’s just not true. I’ve done Rangers home and away for 20 years now know personally hundreds of Rangers fans who attend as many games as they can and I do not know one single person who won’t go there if they can get a ticket.

Follow follow is a weird wee place.
am too busy acting very very strange to agree with this bud

So let me get this straight?

By NOT working alongside Rangers, you believe somehow the TV companies, government and transport companies are forcing our ticket prices to rise?

You've already stated in this thread that you used to able to attend an OF game in the 80s for about 2 quid.

I remember my first cup final in the late 80s was £3 as was my first European game in 1990.

I can only assume then that the Government interference in forcing clubs to charge more happened as recently as the 1990s?

Nothing to do with Sky and all seater stadia?

Firstly, I never actually said I attended OF games in the 80s.

You're also using language that's deliberately disingenuous - I never said anything about "forcing" and "interference."

There's a lot of things going on that has contributed to excessively high tickets in British football. In the aftermath of the Taylor Report and the mostly unknown "Blueprint for the Future of English Football" - which laid down, in black and white, the desire for football to move towards a middle class audience (a nature consequence of the free market: the average age of the football fan in England is something like 53, an effect of which is dull and stagnant atmospheres), football began a wave of unprecedented gentrification that was facilitated by the lack of action, or devious actions of, several institutions. For instance, National Express is one of the sponsors of the FA Cup, a tournament where the final is held at an hour where fans are unable to get the last train home from - so they need to get buses instead.

I'm talking generally about the rise in ticket prices and I'm aware that I'm not providing specific examples of this in Scotland, so let's look at how a working class fan is treated here, and let's take the actual travel to a game. The general lack of affordable rail travel for games is confounded by television companies, football bodies and the police colluding to dictate awkward and last-minute fixture re-arrangements. There are so special concessions for rail travel to football games as there used to be (though it has been mooted under Labour), automatically making the experience of travel to games expensive in a way it isn't in Germany or (I think) Portugal.

Incidentally, I take it you approve of the rise in train ticket prices in the name of the free market?

Then you have the cost of an actual ticket - and this statistic will really shock you. 1 in 10 Scottish football fans thinks a ticket represents good value for money. 1 in 10. Let that sink in. And then ask yourself - why are these people still buying tickets when it's not value? Why are we one of the better attended leagues in all of the world when there is wide disdain for ticket prices? Seriously, really think about that.

The Scottish government and football bodies are mostly uninterested in challenging ticket prices because I imagine Holyrood would be happier knowing there's a more middle class consumer out there (don't want those crass working class fans causing chaos again) and the SPFL because they get a slice of the pie. I also don't recall Rangers seriously challenging ticket prices in Scotland because they're in a position where they can afford to charge our own fans extra for games and reap the benefits of it: take the Killie SC replay match: Rangers didn't protest at 27 quid ticket prices because in the event of a replay they had to charge the same price - and did, to much dismay amongst a support who can recognise when something does not reflect value but which they're willing to look past because it involves the thing they lost most in the world.

The 5% rule wouldn't over-ride safety though. We got less than the specified allocation for the sheep because of safety.

Where could we put 2,500 of them and keep all fans safe? Bottom or top of Broomloan isn't viable, and doing just half of Broomloan creates problems in the concourse.

It'll be the same at their place.

Back