Celtic finances

As far as the Edward stuff goes, the ideal situation is that he runs his contract down and signs a pre contract in January. I keep hearing he will go at a knockdown fee in the summer as he has 12 months left, but the same isn't said about Tav or Goldson. I would still expect full whack for them if we were to sell.

Also, when speaking of what they will get for Edward, of course its more palatable to minus the 9m they paid for him and say "they've only made 'x' profit." But its still money they have coming into them, that we already accounted for them having spent, we can't have it both ways.

I think you can rest assured he will go in the summer for whatever they can claw in for him, but their coffers will be boosted by at least £10m, sell on or otherwise.

Fortunately, that appears to be their only financial light in this long tunnel.
“Full whack” on a 12 month contract is not the same as “full whack” on a 3 year contract. so it’s not a “knock down” fee for him. It’s just a reflection of the fact that the selling club has fair less bargaining power when a guy is one transfer window away from being able to sign a b
bosman.

You can expect what you like.

Ergo, I am not convinced on your £10mil at least. Perhaps. Equally possible they struggle to recoup that

Buying out a players contract obviously costs more when said contract is significantly longer.

Its not the only factor of course. But it is a major one.

I'm not sure it's quite as rosy a picture as you've painted it Cooperman!
you're probably correct mate, I was gobsmacked when they got such a big fee for ping pong, they still have a massive wage bill though, and we know that's unsustainable without CL money

If we make the CL group stages and they don’t, they will be 3 years at leat behind us.

Any idea just how much this 6% hits them in the pocket each year and the split on where it goes?

This is supposedly from last November.

Convertible Cumulative Preference Shares of 60p each​

Line Nominees Limited5,131,30032.48%
Christopher D Trainer2,218,81314.04%
James Mark Keane691,7004.38%
Bank of New York Nominees Limited675,3854.28%

Just over £520k a year.

Just over £520k a year.
Is Line Nominees Limited Desmonds or is his outwith these?

Just over £520k a year.
I take it that Line Nominees is DD on vacation.

A covid denier?

If you must label me I’d rather be labeled a human rights advocate or something like that.

for what it’s worth the virus hasn’t been proven yet.

I’ll allow that fact to scramble your brain.

“ah but what about all the cases”
What does “it’s not been proven yet” mean?

Reminds me of Nuremberg Hugh “Rangers will need £30 to £50m to match Celtic...” Well Hugh “The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away” GIRUY ya specky hotdog. It’s coming home soon:shh:B-DB-):shh:

Again the labels are truly meaningless and simply shine a light on your level of thinking.

Not a single thing I’ve said has been false but yeah I’m a nutter because my opinion differs from the mainstream :)

For the other poster.... when I say the virus hasn’t been proven it means that they’ve still been unable to isolate this virus from the numerous other corona viruses which the world has always dealt with without unscientific measures like lockdowns and forced vaccinations being imposed.

it means they’ve still not managed to identify the virus.

It means they still don’t have a test that tests solely for the virus we’ve given our human rights away for.

It means the PCR test(which was ordered by governments in the millions back in 2018) has been repeatedly proven faulty and will test you positive for something as simple as a common cold. Wonder why Scotland has so many cases during winter? Perhaps we should set up a think-group?

I’m a nut case though for acknowledging this. Just continue to ignore it, lock yourself away, live in fear and wear your mask like the rest of the sane people like slim Jim :)

So governments all over the world have spent on developing and administering a vaccine for a virus that they haven't managed to isolate yet?

Ffs!

I see the celtc trust is campaigning for them to claim refunds and give it to the trust to buy shares because their absentee landlord gives them the Alfie :shh:.
But they scoff at us being offered a significant part of our club for 20p per share while our turnover and assets are almost matching theirs in the accounts and likely to surpass them in the next accounts.
their shares are currently 97p which means no matter what they do any money they scrape together will be a drop in the ocean.

I hope they enjoy watching us buy into our club and have a significant say while they throw their money into a bottomless pit while being told to sssshhhhh :shh:

As far as the Edward stuff goes, the ideal situation is that he runs his contract down and signs a pre contract in January. I keep hearing he will go at a knockdown fee in the summer as he has 12 months left, but the same isn't said about Tav or Goldson. I would still expect full whack for them if we were to sell.

Also, when speaking of what they will get for Edward, of course its more palatable to minus the 9m they paid for him and say "they've only made 'x' profit." But its still money they have coming into them, that we already accounted for them having spent, we can't have it both ways.

I think you can rest assured he will go in the summer for whatever they can claw in for him, but their coffers will be boosted by at least £10m, sell on or otherwise.

Fortunately, that appears to be their only financial light in this long tunnel.

all depends on buyers... no buyers then it’s no money, several interested parties maintains a fee of reasonableness

I see the celtc trust is campaigning for them to claim refunds and give it to the trust to buy shares because their absentee landlord gives them the Alfie :shh:.
But they scoff at us being offered a significant part of our club for 20p per share while our turnover and assets are almost matching theirs in the accounts and likely to surpass them in the next accounts.
their shares are currently 97p which means no matter what they do any money they scrape together will be a drop in the ocean.

I hope they enjoy watching us buy into our club and have a significant say while they throw their money into a bottomless pit while being told to sssshhhhh :shh:
If they do buy shares, not a penny will be being invested in Celtic which is a shame.

all depends on buyers... no buyers then it’s no money, several interested parties maintains a fee of reasonableness
Of course mate, but I think we can presume they will have buyers for him at what they will believe to be a cut price.

I can see him moving for £12m plus to a mid table club in one of the big leagues. I really hope I am wrong and he runs his contract down.

A covid denier?

If you must label me I’d rather be labeled a human rights advocate or something like that.

for what it’s worth the virus hasn’t been proven yet.

I’ll allow that fact to scramble your brain.

“ah but what about all the cases”

The single most absurd post ever on FF.

Quite the achievement fella.

if we qualify for champions league and get the financial package to go with qualification we will rule Scottish football once again for years to come.
Nah. According to Adam Smith over on KDS qualifying for the CL would actually be bad for us. This is because, according to this piece of trash, we'll need to pay huge bonuses/wages to reach the group stages and that will negate any revenue generated :D

It's a shame no one told Ferencvaros this.

They hang on this fuckwits every word.

Last edited:
Nah. According to Adam Smith over on KDS qualifying for the CL would actually be bad for us. This is because, according to this piece of trash, we'll need to pay huge bonuses/wages to reach the group stages and that will negate any revenue generated :D

So,good for them and bad for us. Typical mentally challenged talk i suppose.

Of course other than a players desire to play in the biggest domestic competition in the world! It’s just about the money, that will be why they’ve haven’t bothered to qualify over the years! I have to laugh at this guy calling himself Adam Smith! They have few sellable assets, Edouard coming to his last year, Christie too. They are losing just under £500k per week and have increased spending considerably since this showed in their last accounts, they’ve bought dross who will be expensive to get rid of in a rebuild and already have a massive wage bill with no big player sales and no guarantee of CL money, unlikely they’d qualify! They’re skint and about to go through serious downsize to balance the books. If they could have afforded to get rid of Lennon and commit funds to a new manager they would have, €3.5m for Frimpong, his wages are not the fee! If they had money they’d have bought Ben Davies before Liverpool interest! Not as if they don’t need a CB!

Surely he's a Rangers fan at the wind up? That's utterly ridiculous B-)

if we qualify for champions league and get the financial package to go with qualification we will rule Scottish football once again for years to come.

With the kind of money Rangers could generate next season we could absolutely blow them away for many years to come.

Base fee for group stage: £13.5m

Group match victory: £2.4m

Group match draw: £799,000

Round of 16: £8.4m

Also add in TV money share and ticket sales on top of that and a potential last 16 place would bring in about £35,000,000.

We could then use the money to strengthen and do the same again the season after. Forget 9.5 in a row that's why winning the league this season was so huge we could be looking at being two games away from that money while being seeded in the play-off round.

~£30mil on bonuses is it?

Back