Celtic fire sale

I think deep down Lawwell wants them to fall further behind in the next 10 days or so to get the fire sale started.

He knows the league is 99% gone now but the yahoos are still clinging onto the tiny hope they can pull off a minor miner miracle and selling French diddy would cause another sharknado riot outside the ground if he done it.

They drop anything tonight and it's as close to 100% over as you can get with 4 months of the season to go, that would be the excuse Lawwell needs to start the purge in the remainder of this window.

I wonder what their players would be worth if they were 21 points clear in their domestic league and topped their Europa league group while remaining undefeated

I mean imagine Nitcham’s value if he was a first team player

I don't big up fees, I give what I believe is a realistic fee. We were told on FF they wouldn't get big fees for Dembele and Tierney, I thought otherwise I believe that West Ham could pay £25m for Edouard (though a lot could be performance based) because he's their best player and the only one who worries me when they play us.
I have never said they would get big fees for the players you quote and if you can show i did, I'll donate money to Erskine. Celtic have received good money for years because they had players playing in successful team, in the same way that Van Brockhurst,Hutton, Cuellar,Ferguson, Amoruso,Reyna all went to EPL teams from Rangerx teams which were successful.
FWIW, Celtic now only have Edouard available for big money with potential fees of £5m to £10m for Ajer,Ntcham and McGregor. That particular source of money is drying up.
Provide a logical explanation for a player with one year on his contract not scoring goals from open play who with a verified poor attitude who has all the cards in his hand for forcing a move, moving from Scotland for 25mil?

And before you cite Tierney again acknowledge he has a 4 year contract and Edouard will have 1 year this summer.

They broke even last season with a 25 million sale, gate receipts from 8 european games and a lot more prize money from UEFA than they are getting this season. They have also spent not far off 20 million last summer, I honestly think their accounts will be a disaster if they don't start selling.

Agree Chuck, but just remember on the purchases of players, their cost will be amortised over the players contracts.

So 20m on players over, say, 4 years average contracts would hit their profit for nearer 5m.

Still gonna be scheisse unless they sell, as you say.

I'm wondering how much this covid will affect fees this window (probably already been discussed on this thread, but too tired to read it all)?
That’s factoring in COVID - I think the fees will be affected by how they are structured rather than the actual amount. The fees here will be dictated by the contract length of the respective players.

I just dont see those fees for players with such short contracts who haven’t been in the CL to bump their price up.

Agree though, once they go, their really is very little else they can make anything on.
Yeah, fair. That’s maybe the top end of the market but these are players they were valuing at a collective £70m last summer. They’ll struggle to replace that and given their massive wage bill already and the fact they’ll be without fan revenue and CL it’s looking pretty bleak.

SfdH8qB.jpg

I think realistically with the impact Covid has had on the transfer market and the fact that their main assets are running down their contracts and look like they want to leave, at best they can hope for:

£15-18m for Edouard
£6-8m for Ajer
£7-10m for Christie
£3-5m for Ntcham

So say they sell all for the higher amounts it's the best part of £40m. That will probably just about make them break even on the incoming loss this season due to Covid and a poor showing in Europe.

They sell them they will keep the lights on but their squad will go several steps backwards with no other real sellable assets to sell to balance next season's books.

lets be honest - if the fees are not what the hoards want to see it will be the old "undisclosed fee" ie we wanted 25m for Eduard ... but we got 15m so will just say undisclosed everyone will be happy.

I think realistically with the impact Covid has had on the transfer market and the fact that their main assets are running down their contracts and look like they want to leave, at best they can hope for:

£15-18m for Edouard
£6-8m for Ajer
£7-10m for Christie
£3-5m for Ntcham

So say they sell all for the higher amounts it's the best part of £40m. That will probably just about make them break even on the incoming loss this season due to Covid and a poor showing in Europe.

They sell them they will keep the lights on but their squad will go several steps backwards with no other real sellable assets to sell to balance next season's books.

they wont get 7-10m for Christie - realistically he will go to England in the summer with 12 months left on his contract and its widely known he wants away - be lucky to get 5m for him at best IMHO - unless he lights the place up at the Euros ...

they wont get 7-10m for Christie - realistically he will go to England in the summer with 12 months left on his contract and its widely known he wants away - be lucky to get 5m for him at best IMHO - unless he lights the place up at the Euros ...
I went for best case for them and they have shown they are reasonably good at negotiating transfer fees in the past. I think they will get around the £7m if I'm honest. His euro performance will dictate that though

They have always got decent fees for dross.

15 years ago they were getting £750k for plug who was hopeless.and hardly playing.

We parted with Chalie Adam for £500k and he went on to play for Liverpool and Stoke. He was a very decent player in the EPL

Martin Bain was the master of under selling our players back in the day and this is where we still have the mentality. The scum seem to have or had a better business sense when selling.

They have always got decent fees for dross.

15 years ago they were getting £750k for plug who was hopeless.and hardly playing.

We parted with Chalie Adam for £500k and he went on to play for Liverpool and Stoke. He was a very decent player in the EPL

Martin Bain was the master of under selling our players back in the day and this is where we still have the mentality. The scum seem to have or had a better business sense when selling.
Celtic have sold well because they have been the dominant team up here for most of the 2000s and its easier to sell players who have won trophies than players who've won nothing.
Van Brockhurst was Arsenals record buy at £8.5m, Cuellar and Hutton went for big bucks over 10 years ago. We also sold Ferguson, Amoruso, Reyna and McCann to the EPL. We've not really had any decent players to sell till SG arrived.

Back