Celtic fire sale

Given Edouard’s contract situation and his form this year plus general market conditions they’ll be lucky to make a profit on him in the summer if you believe he did actually cost £9m initially.

No danger they are getting anywhere near £25m if they were to sell today though.

There’s no way the above amounts to £25m. We keep hearing about Alfredo’s so called attitude but I would have a player with his attitude every day of the week over a guy that clearly doesn’t care or apply himself in a proper manner.

Morelos wants to win. He doesn't have an attitude problem quite simply if hes playing shit he isnt happy about it which is fine by me. Also with morelos if he is playing shit he will still put in a shift. You dont get that impression with edouard

Not a snowballs chance in hell they are getting anywhere near £25m for lazy eddy. This season has shown that when a bit of fight is required he withers away to nothing in the background. Hardly world beating material.

Which is totally unstainable

would they be a going concern if the hordes don’t buy season tickets?
Could be a perfect storm if paidwell digs his heels in
They have been obsessing about us on and off the field that they haven't noticed how fucked they are on both fronts.

Would rather talk about made up nonsense of typos in release clauses than address the state of their own finances.

For me Edourd sits on his hands and signs a precontract in January.
He's only 22 so its not long to wait as when he does the scum will sell him for rock bottom justbto get some income

There’s no way the above amounts to £25m. We keep hearing about Alfredo’s so called attitude but I would have a player with his attitude every day of the week over a guy that clearly doesn’t care or apply himself in a proper manner.
Aye, do you want a guy who is over competitive or a guy who doesn’t give a toss? No brainer.

Given Edouard’s contract situation and his form this year plus general market conditions they’ll be lucky to make a profit on him in the summer if you believe he did actually cost £9m initially.

No danger they are getting anywhere near £25m if they were to sell today though.
Edouard worth no more than 10-12m max. If they don’t get any European money, they will be in terrible position. All their assets have devalued considerably under Lennon.

I think they will get £15m at a push for him. 18 months left on his contract and clearly wants away, if Celtic block any moves to the EPL they will just make him angry and have an unhappy player for 18 months.

What a change.

We did this thread only a few weeks ago and there were plenty who were revelling in mocking any bears who didn’t believe he’d go for 25 or 30m+

The Lazy frenchman might get West Brom or West Ham late in the window for a few million. Even £20m is pipedream stuff
I don't see anyone paying anywhere near the £40m they are apparently looking for and like you say, they will be lucky to get half that.

I reckon he will end up at Leicester with Rodgers, as he rates him highly and Edouard seemed a lot happier playing for him. Leicester still have money in the bank from a few big sales and the Rodgers connection might see them pay a bit more than other clubs would, as Lawwell plays a good game of bluff when it comes to transfer fees when selling.

Although they are different types of strikers, Rodgers will soon need another striker as a replacement for Vardy who is 34.

Fee wise, with just over a year left on his contract, it will depend on how quick Rodgers wants him. IMHO, this window = £15-20m, end of season = £10-15m, next January = £2-5m immediately or £0 on a pre-contract.

They could end up losing him for nothing. He won't sign a new deal, that's for sure, so they'll probably need to punt him on the cheap (and it won't be anywhere near £25m) or he stays put and goes on a bosman.
They wont sell him this month either as that woupr be admitting defeat and the fans would go even more mental than they already are. He'll go in the summer for somewhere between 15 to 18 million i think. If hes sensible he'll sit tight until January next year and agree a pre contract as he'll get a huge signing on feel plus more wages compared to if a club bought him. Chrisite is the one i could see going this month as his camp have been vocal about getting out

Assuming he goes in the summer, he’ll likely leave for an undisclosed fee.

A compliant media will tell everyone it was £25-40m

In reality it will have been 10m or less.

With the exception of the Huffy French penalty taker and Ajer do they have any reliable assets that will give them a decent return?

Even if they do, they will need to find players to reinvest that money on and thats highly unlikely going by the scouting program they have set up.
Griffiths and Christie can’t be worth much either. They won’t be able to afford 6m for Laxalt and other squad players will return. Their player management cycle is well and truly dead.

I don't see anyone paying anywhere near the £40m they are apparently looking for and like you say, they will be lucky to get half that.

I reckon he will end up at Leicester with Rodgers, as he rates him highly and Edouard seemed a lot happier playing for him. Leicester still have money in the bank from a few big sales and the Rodgers connection might see them pay a bit more than other clubs would, as Lawwell plays a good game of bluff when it comes to transfer fees when selling.

Although they are different types of strikers, Rodgers will soon need another striker as a replacement for Vardy who is 34.

Fee wise, with just over a year left on his contract, it will depend on how quick Rodgers wants him. IMHO, this window = £15-20m, end of season = £10-15m, next January = £2-5m immediately or £0 on a pre-contract.
I think it's a possibility he might go to Leicester, but Rodgers won't be the one doing the negotiation on price and there is no way the Leicester representative is going to pay over the odds just because Rodgers has a soft spot for Celtic. They might as well wait until summer and get the price right down

I think it's a possibility he might go to Leicester, but Rodgers won't be the one doing the negotiation on price and there is no way the Leicester representative is going to pay over the odds just because Rodgers has a soft spot for Celtic. They might as well wait until summer and get the price right down
Still?

Griffiths and Christie can’t be worth much either. They won’t be able to afford 6m for Laxalt and other squad players will return. Their player management cycle is well and truly dead.

Griffiths is a write off, he will end up playing his football back at Hibs, Laxbaws would be a welcome addition from Rangers point of view but as you said, he will cost them £ and he must be on a fair wage at AC.

They are floating down shit creek without a paddle right now, we just need the media lapdogs to keep telling them differently, it was this that got them to where they are.

The £30 to £50m valuation of Ajer a few months ago was done by no other than the ex sellick player Vidar Riseth :))

Last edited:
Sorry, when I said "Rodgers connection" I meant in terms of him having managed and dealt with Edouard before, so if Rodgers was interested, Lawwell is likely to use it as a bargaining tool to bump up the price, when the money men start to negotiate.

You need assets for a fire sale. They have players:

- In the last 18 months of their contracts who don't want to extend their deal.
- Who have shown time and again that they do not want to be there.
- Who have regressed fitness and ability so far their value has went off a cliff.
- Who recently signed and aren't worth 1/5th of their purchase price.

I'm not saying they won't sell, and I'm not saying they don't have good players, however, they certainly won't sell for anywhere near their projected value.

Look at 2 ends of the spectrum; Edouard has shown he is a player who plays for himself, he still plays for the French kiddies team as he is not at the standard to step up... Then you have Barkas, a £5million keeper that looks like he has never seen a football before, lucky if you get £250K for him and I'm basing that on the fact that the likes of Joe Lewis and Jak Alnick are better players.

People thinking that they'll get 15 million for him (Edouard) in the summer need their heads examined. If they get 10 million then they'll be doing well. The fandom and general bullshit surrounding their transfers on here is perplexing, it's like some posters are suffering from Stockholm syndrome. The last tierney thread that we had we had a poster claim that they got 25 million pounds for him with less than 12 months remaining. Now besides the fact that is clearly the biggest pile of bullshit in history, a simple fact check would reveal that they got that sum not that long after he'd signed a contract taking him to summer 2023...4 years left. Some people need to give themselves a shake. He'll have less than a year left, hes unsettled and he can't hit a cow on the arse with a banjo this season.

Eddy cut from £40m down to £25m and one of their star midfielders heading south......or is it more media spin?
Theyll get 10 if theyre lucky

edit

10 million that is because its definitely not 10 in a row. HAHAHAHA

Edouard has played 23 games so far this season and scored 11 times. 3 of them were penalties so really looking at 8 open play goals in 23 appearances.

Last season he played 47 games and scored 28 goals of which 2 were penalties. So he’s got a record of about a goal every 2 games in the last 2 seasons, in Scottish football. And this isn’t some 18 year old, it’s a 23 year old who’s contract expires in less than 18 months, and will be available for a free in less than 12.

There is no question he is an asset, but the £25m figure is way, way off.

Of all the things they've been accused of "dropping the ball" with in the last few weeks, not getting Edouard signed up to a new deal ahead of the summer transfer window is potentially their biggest mistake.

Nobody going to write a big rubber check anywhere right now. covid has done the equivalent of a cruise missile attack the transfer market, and I don't see the summer being that brilliant either money is tight everywhere.
Spot on. The impact of Covid on the transfer market going forward cannot be emphasised enough. Many major clubs will use the current time to reassess and re-evaluate not only their transfer policies going forward but also their financial strategies. The fact that we had SG in place and allowed him time and space to develop both a squad and a progressive master plan may be viewed as a stroke of fortunate timing, but it has allowed us to be where we are - in a strong position going forward.
Meanwhile, a lack of forward planning and an over abundance of hubris has allowed that lot to sleepwalk into a nightmare scenario of deteriorating squad, fewer sellable assets and the urgent need for wholesale change at the worst possible time. And that’s before we even get to the equally deteriorating stadium and legal matters, both of which must be causing Fritzell to be considering his options.

A few interesting linked stories at the bottom of there although I don’t think football insider has any insider info.
Like all of these internet football sites they just spray out a load of outdated, inaccurate, wildly speculative and badly punctuated clickbait pish with no grounding in reality. Some of the Gers ones are shocking to say the least.

I feel this summer could be quite the turning point in terms of us v them.

We will both feel the financial impact of COVID which makes it more crucial than ever we qualify for the CL. It would not be a disaster if we missed out but qualification would go a long way to offsetting this season and some of the legacy losses we've incurred chasing down Celtic.

We do hold a strong hand in that we are likely to sell any of our top performers for considerable profit regardless of the re-alignment of fees COVID will have caused. I'm not so sure Celtic will be in that fortunate with many of those that are coming into their last year on deals already on a considerable wage and diminishing transfer value.

It's imperative we have Kamara signed on an extension before Euro 2020 IMO. He could well reach us a lot of money from the EPL given his Arsenal academy credentials too.

Did they (or anyone) really value him at £40m in the first place? Or is this just to make it look as though someone is getting a bargain?

I hope we cut Alfie’s value from £100m to £50m ;););)

But, but, they're cash rich ! lol
Exactly, feast business model bla bla. Rammed down out throats for years. Rangers bust then cash rich, is flowing everywhere. Never abby mention if their costs. The only thing that will be better than wee Lenny and the fat Japanese losing the plot will be a monetary implosion. For their arrogance and ignorance tol all and sundry I wish then nothing but total misery

Of all the things they've been accused of "dropping the ball" with in the last few weeks, not getting Edouard signed up to a new deal ahead of the summer transfer window is potentially their biggest mistake.
They would need to forge his signature as He and his agent will know that it is not in his financial ionterests to sign another contract.

Clubs aren't going to pay big money for Edouard especially when he's clearly chucked it this season and coming into the last 18 months of his contract. They got under £20m for Dembele who scored goals in the champions league for them which Edouard hasn't done so they will be lucky to get anywhere near £25m for him. I would go as far as saying Dembele is a better player than Edouard as well.
I would be surprised if they are not looking at a £50m + loss without selling key players

Back