Celtic fire sale

Edouard I gues they would get £15m, which is a profit of £6m. I’m not sure what they paid for Ajer, but they’ll get no more than £7m, Christie is desperate to get away, but I can’t see many English clubs being interested, after that they have nothing of any real value, maybe McGregor, but he’s going nowhere.

They’ll be looking to get £30m from Edouard, Christie and Ajer which is probably about right. That’ll keep the lights on. I’d be surprised if they didn’t cash in on a few of the youngsters like Dembele for a few million to the academies down south. But the squad has next to no value once you take out those three.

They won’t recoup their spend on Barkas or Ajeti. McGregor and Forrest won’t command the fee they could justify selling for. Julien won’t go for more than they paid on the back of a serious injury. Maybe Frimpong or Taylor to a team pushing for promotion in League One.

Their best bet is turning a quick £5m profit on Turnbull by flogging him to a West Brom or Fulham in the summer once they get relegated.

They’ll be looking to get £30m from Edouard, Christie and Ajer which is probably about right. That’ll keep the lights on. I’d be surprised if they didn’t cash in on a few of the youngsters like Dembele for a few million to the academies down south. But the squad has next to no value once you take out those three.

They won’t recoup their spend on Barkas or Ajeti. McGregor and Forrest won’t command the fee they could justify selling for. Julien won’t go for more than they paid on the back of a serious injury. Maybe Frimpong or Taylor to a team pushing for promotion in League One.

Their best bet is turning a quick £5m profit on Turnbull by flogging him to a West Brom or Fulham in the summer once they get relegated.
Forgot about Ntcham - add £3.5m to that.

I feel this summer could be quite the turning point in terms of us v them.

We will both feel the financial impact of COVID which makes it more crucial than ever we qualify for the CL. It would not be a disaster if we missed out but qualification would go a long way to offsetting this season and some of the legacy losses we've incurred chasing down Celtic.

We do hold a strong hand in that we are likely to sell any of our top performers for considerable profit regardless of the re-alignment of fees COVID will have caused. I'm not so sure Celtic will be in that fortunate with many of those that are coming into their last year on deals already on a considerable wage and diminishing transfer value.

It's imperative we have Kamara signed on an extension before Euro 2020 IMO. He could well reach us a lot of money from the EPL given his Arsenal academy credentials too.
I’m resigned to Kamara going after the Euros and when he helps deliver 55 and brings in £15m I think I’d wish him all the best. Would love to keep him but the business model is such that we need to sell these guys at the height of their value and while they’re still in contract. The investment in the team this season and last is on the basis that we turn a profit on the likes of Kent, Aribo, Kamara, Hagi etc. and hopefully we reinvest that well and repeat.

Edouard has played 23 games so far this season and scored 11 times. 3 of them were penalties so really looking at 8 open play goals in 23 appearances.

Last season he played 47 games and scored 28 goals of which 2 were penalties. So he’s got a record of about a goal every 2 games in the last 2 seasons, in Scottish football. And this isn’t some 18 year old, it’s a 23 year old who’s contract expires in less than 18 months, and will be available for a free in less than 12.

There is no question he is an asset, but the £25m figure is way, way off.
To be fair, for every 5 or 6 sitters he mishits into the keepers arms he will pass one nicely into the far corner that looks good on the telly.

Edouard has played 23 games so far this season and scored 11 times. 3 of them were penalties so really looking at 8 open play goals in 23 appearances.

Last season he played 47 games and scored 28 goals of which 2 were penalties. So he’s got a record of about a goal every 2 games in the last 2 seasons, in Scottish football. And this isn’t some 18 year old, it’s a 23 year old who’s contract expires in less than 18 months, and will be available for a free in less than 12.

There is no question he is an asset, but the £25m figure is way, way off.
Also 4 of those 11 goals this season were against Hamilton including an opening day hat-trick

his record is poor compared to Morelos’s especially in Europe where the Frenchman has failed to shine

Morelos has scored more group stage goals in one campaign than Eduardo has combined since he joined Celtic in 2017

Morelos hit 29 goals last season 30 the season before that

The Frenchman was basically a “ one season wonder “ that as per the media talked up due to the strip he was wearing and he only done it in Scotland, his European record compared to Morelos’s is poor

So much nonsense on here. IIRC, they wouldn't get £10mfor biscuit hips and look how that turned out.
The fact that a fee of £25m is being discussed (down from £35+m) makes me think it'll be around here . Its West Ham, who are crazy with money, and just received £20m for Haller. Even at £25 m, they'll only get £16m to play with having sold their best player.

So much nonsense on here. IIRC, they wouldn't get £10mfor biscuit hips and look how that turned out.
The fact that a fee of £25m is being discussed (down from £35+m) makes me think it'll be around here . Its West Ham, who are crazy with money, and just received £20m for Haller. Even at £25 m, they'll only get £16m to play with having sold their best player.
Your post is nonsense to be fair.

Tierney had a 4 year contract.

Edouard has 18 months now and no one in this thread expects Celtic to sell him now as that’s essentially confirming defeat in the title race by them.

You are not getting 25million plus in the summer for a striker playing in Scotland who has a year on his contract, a bad attitude who appears to have downed tools and who has a worse scoring record than another striker in the same league who everyone is saying won’t go for 20+, despite said better striker having a significantly longer contract.

I can’t see this as about right when all 3 will have 12 months on their contract in the summer.

I’d be amazed to be honest.

The undisclosed fees in the paper might reach 30mil, but I doubt the actual fees will.

Edouard I gues they would get £15m, which is a profit of £6m. I’m not sure what they paid for Ajer, but they’ll get no more than £7m, Christie is desperate to get away, but I can’t see many English clubs being interested, after that they have nothing of any real value, maybe McGregor, but he’s going nowhere.
Do you think we should make a bid? :cool:

Follow Follow never think the bheasts will get top dollar for players. Dembele was going for buttons, nobody would buy biscuit hips. Edouard is their best player and the only one I worry about when we play them. 8d be delighted if he goes in this window.

Every post I see from you is bigging up celtic players and their potential fees. Where's the bank busting fees that we were told were coming for the likes of Ntcham, Ajer, McGregor, Forrest. All players linked in the not so distant past with moves to clubs for 8 figure fees. Then of course theres Griffiths the "20 million pound striker". They got a tremendous fee for tierney, probably got what Dembele was worth in the current market considering his pedigree and reputation (Dembele who is a superior player to Edouard) and the rest of their transfers in the last 5 years or so have been for a fraction of what they were allegedly worth. They'll get 10-12 million for edouard tops if he goes this summer.

Worth noting that when the mentally challengeds got big fees for players in the past it came from exposure in the Champions League.

Tierney looked good in the 2 champions league campaigns he played and Dembele scored quite a few goals if I remember. That’s why big teams pay the big bucks.

This current mob have been constantly embarrassed in Europe and haven’t qualified For the Champions League for 3 straight seasons now.

Covid obviously didn’t help (in terms of potentially selling) but I’m guessing they took a punt on qualifying this summer and winning the league to make up for the losses. Doesn’t look to be a good gamble lol.

Every post I see from you is bigging up celtic players and their potential fees. Where's the bank busting fees that we were told were coming for the likes of Ntcham, Ajer, McGregor, Forrest. All players linked in the not so distant past with moves to clubs for 8 figure fees. Then of course theres Griffiths the "20 million pound striker". They got a tremendous fee for tierney, probably got what Dembele was worth in the current market considering his pedigree and reputation (Dembele who is a superior player to Edouard) and the rest of their transfers in the last 5 years or so have been for a fraction of what they were allegedly worth. They'll get 10-12 million for edouard tops if he goes this summer.
The poster pointing out they got £25m for Tierney doesnt make him a tim, btw.

I can't see them getting £25m for a wantaway striker with 12 months left on his contract come summer.

They'll get what they got for Dembele. If they are lucky.
£25m for a striker that does not score too often:rolleyes:Look what happened to Morelos value when he stopped scoring regularly.

He's done hee haw this year
18 months left of his contract
Celtic need to sell

No way are they getting big bucks for him, however they will probably lie and say that they did.

The poster pointing out they got £25m for Tierney doesnt make him a tim, btw.
Of course it doesnt, did you read the part where I said that they did exceptionally well with the Tierney deal? They've got a decent price for players in the past, but they've also came out with so many ludicrous claims about clubs planning a swoop for players at eye watering prices I wouldn't give them any credence. A striker having a bang average season at a club performing horrifically badly in the SPFL, with 12 months remaining on his deal is simply not going for anywhere near 15 million quid, let alone 25 million, to suggest otherwise us just either plain stupidity/naivety or trolling.

As I said, we're still waiting on Ntcham going to porto/west ham for 20 million quid, Ajer to AC Milan for 15 million, maybe they'll do what they did with Boyata? "Reject 9 million" for a player with less than 12 months on his deal and let him run it down, of course they did. That's what any team in a tin pot league without two pennies to rub together would do.

Your post is nonsense to be fair.

Tierney had a 4 year contract.

Edouard has 18 months now and no one in this thread expects Celtic to sell him now as that’s essentially confirming defeat in the title race by them.

You are not getting 25million plus in the summer for a striker playing in Scotland who has a year on his contract, a bad attitude who appears to have downed tools and who has a worse scoring record than another striker in the same league who everyone is saying won’t go for 20+, despite said better striker having a significantly longer contract.
I'm making this up as I need attention: Eddie didn’t train today with the rest of them.

No its not, psg are due 40% over what they paid.

I hope Edward doesn't leave this window. He's not going to win them the league. He won't try a leg for the rest of the season. 6 month less on his contract for no reward and keep and unhappy player and a potentially bad influence at the club.

40% of anything over £9M goes to PSG.
I don’t think they’ll be making much profit on him. They might make a few million but would’ve paid him that over the time he’s been there. They’ll have essentially got his services for free. If he’d have got them into the CL group stages that would be a good return but he/they never.

I can’t see this as about right when all 3 will have 12 months on their contract in the summer.

I’d be amazed to be honest.

The undisclosed fees in the paper might reach 30mil, but I doubt the actual fees will.
Even with a year to go you could see £15m Edouard, £8m Ajer £7m Christie. Doesn’t seem unreasonable especially if they go to England - either way they are the only saleable assets.

Even with a year to go you could see £15m Edouard, £8m Ajer £7m Christie. Doesn’t seem unreasonable especially if they go to England - either way they are the only saleable assets.

I'm wondering how much this covid will affect fees this window (probably already been discussed on this thread, but too tired to read it all)?

The thing that is fucking celtic is nobody is really buying this window.

Covid is their version of the big tax case.
And some of them with dwindling contracts are wanting away, Neic will need to nip up to asda for some essential shopping and repurpose those yellow whoopsie stickers.

Any leftover stickers should be applied to Shane Duffy.

Worth noting that when the mentally challengeds got big fees for players in the past it came from exposure in the Champions League.

Tierney looked good in the 2 champions league campaigns he played and Dembele scored quite a few goals if I remember. That’s why big teams pay the big bucks.

This current mob have been constantly embarrassed in Europe and haven’t qualified For the Champions League for 3 straight seasons now.

Covid obviously didn’t help (in terms of potentially selling) but I’m guessing they took a punt on qualifying this summer and winning the league to make up for the losses. Doesn’t look to be a good gamble lol.
Good point well made

I just dont see those fees for players with such short contracts who haven’t been in the CL to bump their price up.

Agree though, once they go, their really is very little else they can make anything on.

They’ll get about £15m tops for Edouard. Out of contract next summer, 4(?) goals from open play this league season, can’t score in Europe. They should be grateful for it.

I don't big up fees, I give what I believe is a realistic fee. We were told on FF they wouldn't get big fees for Dembele and Tierney, I thought otherwise I believe that West Ham could pay £25m for Edouard (though a lot could be performance based) because he's their best player and the only one who worries me when they play us.
I have never said they would get big fees for the players you quote and if you can show i did, I'll donate money to Erskine. Celtic have received good money for years because they had players playing in successful team, in the same way that Van Brockhurst,Hutton, Cuellar,Ferguson, Amoruso,Reyna all went to EPL teams from Rangerx teams which were successful.
FWIW, Celtic now only have Edouard available for big money with potential fees of £5m to £10m for Ajer,Ntcham and McGregor. That particular source of money is drying up.

Back