Celtic have a racism problem.

NewAmsterdamLive

I'm not talking about historical issues here. I'm talking about what's happened in the last ten years or so. And it includes their fans, their players and their managerial staff.

Last night, one of their fans attempted to assault a black player for PSG. It appears to have been motivated by hatred (why else would you try to assault a black footballer who is one of the worlds best?)

A few years back, a fan also ran on to the pitch and assaulted Dida, the AC Milan goalkeeper. Thus, the assault of black players is not an isolated incident at Celtic Park.

El Hadji-Diouf was racially abused by a Celtic supporter during a game of footballer. That supporter was convicted.

Let us not forget Shay Logan either, who was racially abused by a Celtic player. Did Celtic fans show any contrition for this horrific act? No. They abused him every time Celtic play Aberdeen. There is no doubt that this is racially motivated.

A shout out for Brendan Rodgers as well, who famously defended Suarez at Liverpool when he was found guilty of racism.

Leigh Griffiths was convicted of racism a few years ago for making derogatory comments about refugees.

The list goes on and on. When will Kick it Out, Nil by Mouth and the various anti-racism charities take action against a club that has a horrendous racist culture? People of colour (and, indeed, all ethnic minorities) simply deserve better.

I think it was just by chance that it was two Black players (Dida and Mbappe) that were assaulted because they were the first poor buggers the stupid dicks got to when they legged it onto the pitch :D

Ally Maxwell wasn't black :)

Griffiths wasn't at the club when he got done and Rodgers would defend Suarez (as his best player and manager).

But I like your style - ban the bastards from Europe!

Genuine question here:

Which part of the ground did the intruder come from?

If it was merely a case of that was the first player that he came to then it's hard to argue that there was a specific target. If however he passes other players to reach Mbappe then the question of why specifically target him is valid.

Surely with recent history the logical target would have been Neymar.

Again, all points vary is relevance depending on the original question.

Genuine question here:

If it was merely a case of that was the first player that he came to then it's hard to argue that there was a specific target. If however he passes other players to reach Mbappe then the question of why specifically target him is valid.

Surely with recent history the logical target would have been Neymar.

Again, all points vary is relevance depending on the original question.
It's irrelevant which part of the ground he came from, or whether he just assaulted the first person he saw. He assaulted a person of colour for no obvious reason. The only assumption we can make is that it was because of the colour of his skin. Despicable.

I don't believe for a second that the idiot last night went at Mbappe because he was black. I hope they get severely dealt with but I don't think last night was racism.

I don't believe for a second that the idiot last night went at Mbappe because he was black. I hope they get severely dealt with but I don't think last night was racism.
If it was a Rangers fan, you can guarantee that's what we would hear.

So why is it different? Especially with Celtics history of assaulting black players.

Big Bobo Balde , singled out for over a year, not for only being a greedy bastard.
Others also during that time were alienated due to a difference from other players.

Genuine question here:

Having watched the mobile phone footage, he's run past at least 4 PSG players. The footage starts a few seconds before the attempted assault so you can't see the starting position but assuming he's run in a somewhat straight line, he's came from behind the goal on the left-hand side and ran diagonally across the pitch over to the half-way line on the right hand side.

I find it hugely unlikely he tried to attack Mbappe because he was black, more likely because he ended up at him. There's loads of cases of actual racism with the tramps I feel this is not one of them.

A racism charge is a bit tenuous. The mere fact of running on to the pitch and assaulting a player should be enough to have them "slaughtered".
Just don't expect it to come from our own precious news agencies.

Having watched the mobile phone footage, he's run past at least 4 PSG players. The footage starts a few seconds before the attempted assault so you can't see the starting position but assuming he's run in a somewhat straight line, he's came from behind the goal on the left-hand side and ran diagonally across the pitch over to the half-way line on the right hand side.
Well there you go.

High time that ScoGov got involved to remove this disgusting organisation from society. The equivalent of the Scottish KKK.

If it was a Rangers fan, you can guarantee that's what we would hear.

So why is it different? Especially with Celtics history of assaulting black players.

They're a club who have covered up years of systematic child abuse to protect their already sordid and soiled name. Peddling lies comes natural to them, not us.

I hope UEFA throw the book at them, but let's not go down they bastards route.

It's irrelevant which part of the ground he came from, or whether he just assaulted the first person he saw. He assaulted a person of colour for no obvious reason. The only assumption we can make is that it was because of the colour of his skin. Despicable.

As I said, if he was the first player that he reached then it is virtually impossible to state categorically that he went for him due to the colour of his skin.

If he runs past the entire team to get to a specific player then the case builds.

Given that he looked like a schoolkid it could be that he went for the youngest player rather than take on a fully grown man.

Let's just say that if he was to be charged with a racially aggravated offence he would walk.

A racism charge is a bit tenuous. The mere fact of running on to the pitch and assaulting a player should be enough to have them "slaughtered".
Just don't expect it to come from our own precious news agencies.
Then how do you explain the history of incidents that have occured with fans, players and management connected with Celtic FC?

It's disappointing to see Rangers fans apologising for what is clearly a culture issue within Celtic FC.

Then how do you explain the history of incidents that have occured with fans, players and management connected with Celtic FC?

It's disappointing to see Rangers fans apologising for what is clearly a culture issue within Celtic FC.

Nobody is apologising or covering up for anything that that mob do or have done.

The fact is that they should be absolutely hammered.

I make no apology for their behaviour, it was totally out of order. I just don't see THIS particular incident as having been racially motivated.
The Mark Walters incident on the other hand . . .

Not only in the last 10 years. Celtic supporters have wallowed in racism since players of different race arrived in numbers back in the 80's.

IMG_0221.png

This is a screenshot from the start of the footage. Again, assuming his run was diagonal across the pitch (I don't think he realistically could've come from anywhere else but I could be wrong), he's already past 3 PSG players on his left and is about to pass a 4th on his right.

The Ibrox tunnel incident needs looking at again. Bartley, Edu, etc are the first to react

McPherson report doctrine - "an incident should be treated as a racist incident if it is perceived as such by the victim or any other person "

If you perceive it as racist, let the Police know and they should treat it as such

All this idiotic thread does is diminish real racism that's occurred at the Stade Nonce. Person of colour...fu,ck me

McPherson report doctrine - "an incident should be treated as a racist incident if it is perceived as such by the victim or any other person "

If you perceive it as racist, let the Police know and they should treat it as such
But please don't mention your a Rangers Fan.

Celtic FC is a vile organisation based on separatist ideologies.

Racism is just another string to their bow.

Racist and bigoted, who was it they used to call a dirty orange bastard, aye, Tommy Gemmell, and that bigoted scumbag Lennon was never shy in calling us orange bastards. They know their history, the two run hand in hand at that club, even more so today.

I'm pretty sure the leprechaun meant to go for Neymar and got him confused with Mbappe.

Reason for thinking this? Neymar is the one they really hate and tims are thick as shit

As I said, if he was the first player that he reached then it is virtually impossible to state categorically that he went for him due to the colour of his skin.

If he runs past the entire team to get to a specific player then the case builds.

Given that he looked like a schoolkid it could be that he went for the youngest player rather than take on a fully grown man.

Let's just say that if he was to be charged with a racially aggravated offence he would walk.

The wee mhank was clearly in his twenties, and the teenager he took on was about twice his size. :D

"Xavi Hernandez, post: 85405, member: 3952"]I think it was just by chance that it was two Black players (Dida and Mbappe) that were assaulted because they were the first poor buggers the stupid dicks got to when they legged it onto the pitch :D

How do you know he didn't wait till the black players were close enough?

He still isn't:) but Mark Walters was and is if you want to get all historical

Griffiths wasn't at the club when he got done and Rodgers would defend Suarez (as his best player and manager).

Did Griffiths receive counselling for his disgusting predilections? Have you proof of his enlightenment?

Well you got this right.

The guy is older than Mbappe according to the ET, pus have you seen the size of Mbappe? He is no weakling.

"Xavi Hernandez, post: 85405, member: 3952"]I think it was just by chance that it was two Black players (Dida and Mbappe) that were assaulted because they were the first poor buggers the stupid dicks got to when they legged it onto the pitch :D

How do you know he didn't wait till the black players were close enough?

He still isn't:) but Mark Walters was and is if you want to get all historical

Did Griffiths receive counselling for his disgusting predilections? Have you proof of his enlightenment?

Well you got this right.

You got me. The Tims make the KKK look like boy scouts.

Back