Celtic have a racism problem.

I don't believe for a second that the idiot last night went at Mbappe because he was black. I hope they get severely dealt with but I don't think last night was racism.
They have history for attacking black players and this should be taken account of by the authorities

I have absolutely no idea whether the assault on Mbape last night was racially motivated or not. But if this story has legs, let it run. The process that eventually led to TBB and NPOR being banned probably started in a similar fashion.

I think they have a problem with anyone who doesnt buy into their mythological self-image

I also think that their overly RC, separately educated support, have a fundamental problem with anyone who is not one of them.

Having been at the Mark Walters game in '89 I have no doubt that part of this overall worldview manifests itself in overt racism

It doesn't make for good reading does it.

Walters, Diouf, Dida, Logan, Mbappe.

Scum

Last edited:
I'm not talking about historical issues here. I'm talking about what's happened in the last ten years or so. And it includes their fans, their players and their managerial staff.

Last night, one of their fans attempted to assault a black player for PSG. It appears to have been motivated by hatred (why else would you try to assault a black footballer who is one of the worlds best?)

A few years back, a fan also ran on to the pitch and assaulted Dida, the AC Milan goalkeeper. Thus, the assault of black players is not an isolated incident at Celtic Park.

El Hadji-Diouf was racially abused by a Celtic supporter during a game of footballer. That supporter was convicted.

Let us not forget Shay Logan either, who was racially abused by a Celtic player. Did Celtic fans show any contrition for this horrific act? No. They abused him every time Celtic play Aberdeen. There is no doubt that this is racially motivated.

A shout out for Brendan Rodgers as well, who famously defended Suarez at Liverpool when he was found guilty of racism.

Leigh Griffiths was convicted of racism a few years ago for making derogatory comments about refugees.

The list goes on and on. When will Kick it Out, Nil by Mouth and the various anti-racism charities take action against a club that has a horrendous racist culture? People of colour (and, indeed, all ethnic minorities) simply deserve better.

Nothing like playing the racist card for the sake of it, FFS! :rolleyes:

Nobody is apologising or covering up for anything that that mob do or have done.

The fact is that they should be absolutely hammered.

Ask Eyal Berkovic about their anti-Semitism, or Ian Wright and his 'stone age stuff from reptiles' comment. 'Mols is a monkey' anyone?

Disgusting racist element to their support, even more nauseating is their attempt to position themselves as anti-racist and anti-fascist. They are neither.

Celtic also have a big antisemitism problem, just ask their former director, Bitton and the Ajax fans they abused online which led to the trouble in Amsterdam. The trouble that after a couple of the days the yahoo media put down to heavy handed policing.

The also have, despite their all inclusive bollox, a huge anti Protestant problem but I don't have enough band width to detail that.

The thing is it doesn't bother me in the slightest what they do, what gets to me is their continual preaching from their self proclaimed moral high ground and the back up they receive from their brothers in the press corps.

Can't believe that there people on here, while not defending the scumbag, seem to be dismissing the idea that it was racist. Do you honestly think for one minute that they would cut us any slack. Their social media would have been all over this like a rash, forcing the club into all sorts of apologies, demonising us, the fans for years to come.

We need to learn the dark arts & fight dirty against this lowlife rabble.

Back