Celtic have the Worst Defensive Record in EL

I hope you are right. We know they will get more help from officials than we will. It’s probably just precaution after all we have been through and looking at last season.

I think if we have a 10 point gap after the next game between the sides, I think we are fine but they might panic and spunk money in January, especially is the gap is anywhere between say 2 and 8 points.

I get the fear every game at the minute, just after what we have been through.
We are 11 points clear at present having played 2 games more. So they have the potential to cut it to 5 if they win their games in hand.

But you prefer a scenario where after the next game between the sides we are only 10 points clear having played 3 games more. So they will have the potential to cut it to 1 point if they win their games in hand.

And thats when you would prefer them to get a new manager if they were going to sack the current one.

If they are to sack the manager that costs money, a new quality manager and backroom team costs money, and spending millions on players in January costs millions. They do not have the money to make that happen.

They sack the manager and its a short term cheap replacement from a relatively unimpressive short list (Strachan, Wibble, Clarke, Ross, McGhee, MacKay) and major signings only if others players leave for big money. Certainly wouldn't worry me.

Try having faith in your own team and believe in the players and management team to deliver.

We are 11 points clear at present having played 2 games more. So they have the potential to cut it to 5 if they win their games in hand.

But you prefer a scenario where after the next game between the sides we are only 10 points clear having played 3 games more. So they will have the potential to cut it to 1 point if they win their games in hand.

And thats when you would prefer them to get a new manager if they were going to sack the current one.

If they are to sack the manager that costs money, a new quality manager and backroom team costs money, and spending millions on players in January costs millions. They do not have the money to make that happen.

They sack the manager and its a short term cheap replacement from a relatively unimpressive short list (Strachan, Wibble, Clarke, Ross, McGhee, MacKay) and major signings only if others players leave for big money. Certainly wouldn't worry me.

Try having faith in your own team and believe in the players and management team to deliver.
No, I meant 10 points with same games played.

We have no idea who they would appoint or what backing they would get in January.

After what we have been through and looking at last season’s collapse, it’s understandable to be fearful and want them to only act when it’s too late.

That was them with a pretty much full strength team tonight as well.

So much for the guff about bad results being caused by missing a few players.

Take Edouard and Elyounoussi out of that side long term and they'd be fighting with Aberdeen for 2nd this season.

Take Edouard and Elyounoussi out of that side long term and they'd be fighting with Aberdeen for 2nd this season.
And on the phone-ins and social media, they seem to want rid of Elyounoussi. Truly deluded.

No, I meant 10 points with same games played.

We have no idea who they would appoint or what backing they would get in January.

After what we have been through and looking at last season’s collapse, it’s understandable to be fearful and want them to only act when it’s too late.
When the next game is played they will be 3 games behind us unless games get postponed. So you may have to wait a while until we are level on games by which time the transfer window will be closed.

They spent big in the summer in the pursuit of their imaginary 10. They assumed outspending us would be sufficient and did not envisage Rangers starting the season so well.

Neither did they envisage the covid situation lasting as long as it has and they did not anticipate getting neither CL money nor a big payday in the transfer market. Unless Desmond bankrolls them in January they do not have the funds to make significant changes.

I get that you are fearful due to performances in recent years but it's surely taking it to extremes and irrational degrees wanting your closest rivals to win and stay close in case they make changes which improve them and they pass you. The closer they are the easier it is for any changes to have the impact that you fear. The further behind they are the harder it is for them to overturn any lead we have.

Have faith in your own team and worry less about what they may or may not do - life, although not without disappointments along the way, is much more pleasant that way.

This is not about stopping a fictional 10 its about winning 55. We want to win this for ourselves not to stop someone else but to add to our own illustrious history. So my advice would be to worry less about them and enjoy the rest of the season.

When the next game is played they will be 3 games behind us unless games get postponed. So you may have to wait a while until we are level on games by which time the transfer window will be closed.

They spent big in the summer in the pursuit of their imaginary 10. They assumed outspending us would be sufficient and did not envisage Rangers starting the season so well.

Neither did they envisage the covid situation lasting as long as it has and they did not anticipate getting neither CL money nor a big payday in the transfer market. Unless Desmond bankrolls them in January they do not have the funds to make significant changes.

I get that you are fearful due to performances in recent years but it's surely taking it to extremes and irrational degrees wanting your closest rivals to win and stay close in case they make changes which improve them and they pass you. The closer they are the easier it is for any changes to have the impact that you fear. The further behind they are the harder it is for them to overturn any lead we have.

Have faith in your own team and worry less about what they may or may not do - life, although not without disappointments along the way, is much more pleasant that way.

This is not about stopping a fictional 10 its about winning 55. We want to win this for ourselves not to stop someone else but to add to our own illustrious history. So my advice would be to worry less about them and enjoy the rest of the season.
Yes, I am naturally a worrier and we have been to hell and back. It’s hard to be overly confident until the gap is bigger.

The games in hand thing doesn’t help and it’s up to us to keep winning, I just fear they suddenly pull the plug now, get a decent Manager, Desmond puts his hand in his pocket (as he has before) and we suddenly drop point over a couple of games and it’s all suddenly very close.

I don’t fear them as much under Lennon and would be confident if we get to new year with a good gap.

If they appoint a better manager now, there are still 3 OF games and 2/3 of a season.

I probably need to take calms.

In any other season we would be unanimous in wanting them pumped every game but this season is slightly different due to the tainted ten and the position we have gotten ourselves into.

I and many others would rather they stumbled along winning some but still dropping points, until the game at New Year. We may well drop points ourselves, so better to have someone in charge that doesn’t have the dressing room or doesn’t know what they are doing.

If they replace him after tonight with someone that really can improve them, with 26 league games left, 3 against us, they still have a decent chance.

If they keep the bigot in charge a bit longer and drop a few more points, even if it’s only the same as us, it’s better than them getting a better manager in.

That’s my only worry.
Read your first paragraph, it doesn’t even make sense. You’re overthinking this.

Read your first paragraph, it doesn’t even make sense. You’re overthinking this.
Perhaps mate and although we all know the truth about their run, the mhedia and record books would portray it differently.

I want us to win the league, not give them the chance and for us to then rub their noses in it.

Yes, I am naturally a worrier and we have been to hell and back. It’s hard to be overly confident until the gap is bigger.

The games in hand thing doesn’t help and it’s up to us to keep winning, I just fear they suddenly pull the plug now, get a decent Manager, Desmond puts his hand in his pocket (as he has before) and we suddenly drop point over a couple of games and it’s all suddenly very close.

I don’t fear them as much under Lennon and would be confident if we get to new year with a good gap.

If they appoint a better manager now, there are still 3 OF games and 2/3 of a season.

I probably need to take calms.
I honestly don't see Desmond stumping up the kind of money it would take or, indeed, any top managers or players willing to take it on at present.

Even if he did put his hand in his pocket and they could entice decent people all that takes time and if we do our job from now until the end of January then, hopefully, it won't make a great deal of difference who is at the helm or who they sign in January.

We are in a better place than in recent years with more depth to the squad and less reliance on a single player to score our match winning goals. As such there is much to be optimistic and confident about. Yes it could all go wrong at some point but its better not to think about that, assume that SG and his team will have contingency plans to deal with it if it does, and simply enjoy the ride.

Them making an arse of things at the same time should simply broaden the smile :D

I honestly don't see Desmond stumping up the kind of money it would take or, indeed, any top managers or players willing to take it on at present.

Even if he did put his hand in his pocket and they could entice decent people all that takes time and if we do our job from now until the end of January then, hopefully, it won't make a great deal of difference who is at the helm or who they sign in January.

We are in a better place than in recent years with more depth to the squad and less reliance on a single player to score our match winning goals. As such there is much to be optimistic and confident about. Yes it could all go wrong at some point but its better not to think about that, assume that SG and his team will have contingency plans to deal with it if it does, and simply enjoy the ride.

Them making an arse of things at the same time should simply broaden the smile :D
Fingers crossed.

They think they are a champions league group stages team, we play at europa level hoping to improve at this and champions league level. That is the difference with no false entitlement from our club.

Benficas first goal tonight was the 8th we've conceded all season.

Sparta Pragues 4th goal tonight was the 8th they've conceded against Sparta Prague.

Thanks to their 8-2 mauling, Milan will need to get something from the game next Thursday.

Could be another humping on the cards

The tarrriers had probably their strongest eleven out tonight.
What the media won't mention is the money the Ginger Rodent has wasted.
Not playing.....
Duffy - 45k a week.
Turnbull - 3.25 million.
Ajeti - 5 million.
Barkas - 5 million.
Doro - 2 million.
Taylor - 3 million.

This is quite simply magnificent.

Long may it continue, you horrible bastards!!
With boligoli on loan to come back

Meanwhile we just conceded almost twice as many goals over 2 legs with Benfica than we have conceded in the whole league so far this season... And yet still beat them over 2 legs wile remaining unbeaten!

Morning after: I'm hoping we are all reflecting on having a team like Benfica (£££, form & top seeds) so relieved and celebrating taking 2 points from our fixtures. From being a no-mark opposition with a coefficient the same as Ross County just 2.5 years ago and seen as whipping boys, I genuinely think we are THE team that no-one wants to play in Europe just now.

They are fighting with Aberdeen for 2nd :D

Meanwhile we just conceded almost twice as many goals over 2 legs with Benfica than we have conceded in the whole league so far this season... And yet still beat them over 2 legs wile remaining unbeaten!

Morning after: I'm hoping we are all reflecting on having a team like Benfica (£££, form & top seeds) so relieved and celebrating taking 2 points from our fixtures. From being a no-mark opposition with a coefficient the same as Ross County just 2.5 years ago and seen as whipping boys, I genuinely think we are THE team that no-one wants to play in Europe just now.
Oh they do not like us and I love it, just wait until Ibrox is rocking.
Gerrard said in post match press conference Benfica have the 4th biggest spend in the WORLD, I'm sure I didn't mishear that. It's a monumental set of results.

Amazing stuff. Its also showing that lot up for being the most entitled bunch of fans I've ever seen which is really saying something.

Let's hope they keep limping along like this until they can lose the SC Final and then to us. Then they can get rid of him.

Radio 2 sport report after 9am news highlighting how shite they were, putting them as the headline report, mocking them by also putting on commentary of 2 of the goals :)

They'll be a few posters not happy they got their arse handed to them again as it puts the bigot under even more pressure.

its the biggest dilemma in the world just now

the normal desire to see them annihilated in each and every match no matter the level
against
doing just enough to keep the comedy going

XiAFx51.gif

Anyone playing them must fancy there chances to score against them. Suddenly there home games against St johnstone and killie who have both hit a bit form dont look like a certainty anymore

Back