Celtic issue statement about singing and massive whatsboutery

They want the paedophile related chants against them stopped. Maybe their Club should apologise to the victims first.

Basically they are attempting to actually use the Torbett stuff as some sort of validation/justification for their supporters singing sectarian songs. That is an absolutely scandalous position for a football club to adopt. Sectarian/racist or homophobic chanting is not justifiable in any circumstances. I wonder if any of their apologists will seek to defend their statement.

Last edited:
I can’t believe that’s their comment on the matter. Compare and contrast to Dave King’s statement following the Steve Clarke episode. King spoke about standards in his address to supporters yesterday, today we see exactly what he meant.

Their statement is issued via a ‘spokesperson’, King issued his as Chairman. Theirs is full of whataboutery, ours is only about us. Theirs doesn’t mention the person on the receiving end, ours was a full apology to Clarke.

That’s the difference between us and them, that’s standards. They’re a bunch of classless bastards. Thank goodness I was brought up the right way.

Last edited:
This is it. As the newsreader was reading it out I just knew there was an “aye but” coming.

“Chanting of this nature should have no place in football and we condemn this wholeheartedly.

We hope the authorities also take the same interest in offensive chanting directed at Celtic Football Club and our supporters at yesterday’s match and other games.
Ffsake these cvunts are the authorities.

They dont like being called paedos.Maybe if they actually accepted responsibility and apologised for their shameful past it might stop.
The longer they refuse to do this then the louder the paedo chants will become.
Fans of every club should chant it and let the world know how toxic that club are

Jimmy saville wore his sellik strip with pride FFS. See when rod Stewart gets done in a few years do you think they will complain about chants that will almost certainly be sang about him

On the Clyde SSB Twitter page the other day I actually saw Celtic fans posting saying that Aberdeen fans singing about them being paedos is the same / worse than the sectarian chants.

Are they wanting people arrested for saying they failed to report child abusers?

That would be an interesting court case considering a court has already heard they did exactly that.

Don't think they have thought this through, it would bring a spotlight on them that no friendly journalist or politician could protect them from.

The only suprise is that we were not mentioned in the statement

They did refer to other games BL, so I assume that’s a wee backhanded gesture to us.

As others have said, they’re gonna get ‘paedo chants’ every away game now.

McInnes has been very cute reading his statement again. He referred to how the SFA did SFA the last time it was chanted at him at Hampden.

Basically they are attempting to actually use the Torbett stuff as some sort of validation/justification for their supporters singing sectarian songs. That is an absolutely scandalous position for a football club to adopt. Sectarian/racist or homophones chanting is not justifiable in any circumstances. I wonder if any of their apologists will seek to defend their statement.

It’s actually incredible.

And they’ve been singing those songs long before the paedo & who shagged all the boys chants started. What caused it back then I wonder ?

They were forced into taking action against horrific offences. They handled it terribly and now just want it all to go away like a bad dream.They can't complain as it just raises the profile further.

Back