Celtic know all about their troubles

TheBearNecessities

Or do they?

I reckon that they might be in more long term trouble than they realise.

I started a wee reply to one of them on YouTube and got carried away with my list....so here it is copied and pasted to see if I missed any...

Reasons Celtic might struggle for a few years, and not just this season...

...no consistent shape/tactics/philosophy
...no director of football to implement these things and find a tactically minded coach
...no champions League money
...huge wage bill beyond anything ever seen in Scottish football
...court cases seeking millions in compo in may/june
...a rangers team and coaching staff that have been working towards one strategy for 3 years and are looking ahead one or two transfer windows at all times
...shocking recruitment the last two years at Celtic and all their valuable players are entering their last 12 months if their contracts , so they gave failed to protect their assets
...contracts needs paid up for Lennon and his coaching team etc
... The risk and time and money it takes to reshape the football dept in the summer as Celtic announced the other day (possibly including compo for the new managers existing club)
...confidence is low in the squad, players might want away/not extend contracts thus reducing value further
...season ticket sales may take a sizeable dent if the dispair and frustration continues from the supporters.

What we are witnessing is a long term shift in the power between these clubs brought about by the recruitment and tactical knowledge if Gerrard's team Vs that of Lennon's team.

Did I miss any :D

With CL, we have a potentially easier route to the group stages which if we reached would see a financial advantage in out favour.

With season tickets, not just uptake next season to be factored in. They'll have some angry fans claiming a refund on all games missed this year.

The other side of that though is they have the chance to wipe the slate clean in one go.

Selling the bulk of their squad will drastically reduce the wage bill and provide a decent warchest for a new manager. It won't be Advocaat levels of spending but it'll be a similar reset.

It'll all depend on who is identifying and recruiting players. To me, their big mistake is not sorting out the DOF just now so he can start on pre-contract signings. They could leave the Mouth of Sauron in place until the end of the season if they are really desperate, but if he's a lame duck that's going to hurt their recruitment big style - especially as it sounds like the recruitment guys are for the chop as well.

We keep stealing a march on them by doing our business earlier whilst they sign players after they've ben knocked out of Europe. We have pre-contracts that cost nothing and they scramble around at the deadline spending fortunes on the transfer window leftovers.

Or do they?

I started a wee reply to one of them on YouTube and got carried away with my list....so here it is copied and pasted to see if I missed any...

...no director of football to implement these things and find a tactically minded coach
...a Rangers team and coaching staff that have been working towards one strategy for 3 years and are looking ahead one or two transfer windows at all times
...shocking recruitment the last two years at Celtic and all their valuable players are entering their last 12 months if their contracts , so they gave failed to protect their assets
... The risk and time and money it takes to reshape the football dept in the summer as Celtic announced the other day (possibly including compo for the new managers existing club)
...confidence is low in the squad, players might want away/not extend contracts thus reducing value further
...season ticket sales may take a sizeable dent if the dispair and frustration continues from the supporters.

What we are witnessing is a long term shift in the power between these clubs brought about by the recruitment and tactical knowledge if Gerrard's team Vs that of Lennon's team.

You forgot the most important thing of all - “We are the People”.

The other side of that though is they have the chance to wipe the slate clean in one go.

Selling the bulk of their squad will drastically reduce the wage bill and provide a decent warchest for a new manager. It won't be Advocaat levels of spending but it'll be a similar reset.

It'll all depend on who is identifying and recruiting players. To me, their big mistake is not sorting out the DOF just now so he can start on pre-contract signings. They could leave the Mouth of Sauron in place until the end of the season if they are really desperate, but if he's a lame duck that's going to hurt their recruitment big style - especially as it sounds like the recruitment guys are for the chop as well.

We keep stealing a march on them by doing our business earlier whilst they sign players after they've ben knocked out of Europe. We have pre-contracts that cost nothing and they scramble around at the deadline spending fortunes on the transfer window leftovers.
It's all well and good punting your squad when your main goal is gone, but its akin to Aberdeen punting all of their saleable assets in order to compete with hibs. They should be doing everything they can to hold onto guys like mcgregor, because if they go plus the foreigners, then it's back to laugh a minute.

They have admitted they need to rip things up and start again. Not their words... paraphrasing. But are waiting till the summer.

that’s fantastic. New manager. New players. New back room team. New tactics. New director of football. All in the summer.

bring it on. We have easily 18-20 cracking players and are improving from a position of strength

WATP

Will take them several years at least to recover from this season.

They are almost in a similar situation to what Rangers faced after Warburton and Pedro needing to completely rebuild the squad with 10-15 signings in and out all while cutting costs and facing a team that ran away with the league the previous season.

Financially it will also be 4 seasons without Champions league football with a £60m wage bill for them next summer plus French diddy won't go for anything near the fantasy money they go on about.

Also a potential boycott of Season tickets for them and court costs as well.

If Rangers get Champions league football next summer we'll blow them away for the next 3 years minimum.

They have admitted they need to rip things up and start again. Not their words... paraphrasing. But are waiting till the summer.

that’s fantastic. New manager. New players. New back room team. New tactics. New director of football. All in the summer.

bring it on. We have easily 18-20 cracking players and are improving from a position of strength

WATP
The fact they admit they need to start from square one surely that puts to bed all their achievements ,they where happy with no level of competition they just couldn’t see us coming when if you look at all the most recent games against them we have totally controlled them ,their own arrogance has been their downfall yet again .Putting Lennon in charge was a appointment that was made for reasons more than football ,Lennon appeals to them all he ticks all their boxes having him deliver the 10 was to be the uttermost get it right up yous when in fact it gave us the breathing space for SG to organise and get things right .

Can you see the Rangers coming was there shout,they are not laughing now and won’t be for a considerable long time.

Last edited:

WATP
Yip. Usually that's a couple of years rebuilding right there.

07Jy7ht.jpg

Or do they?

...a Rangers team and coaching staff that have been working towards one strategy for 3 years and are looking ahead one or two transfer windows at all times

Don’t underestimate them mate as they did us, we just need to keep building to get even better not stay still because we think they’re years behind as they’re not

Or do they?

The Champions League situation over the next 2 years is bigger than any of the above.
The following is the scenario that i reckon will happen and if it does then we will be the ones that will be going for 10 in a row.

1. Next season we have the much easier route to the group stage. We should qualify they will not.

2. If we can win the league next season and get automatically to the group stage and they fail as usual.

If the above unfolds ( pretty likely in my view ) then DD will have to dig deep to avoid an admin event
He could avoid the hassle and flog to the guy who bought Wigan B-D

Or do they?

B-D

Don’t underestimate them mate as they did us, we just need to keep building to get even better not stay still because we think they’re years behind as they’re not
Europe is the key to that.
Would you have swapped a domestic cup the last two seasons Vs where we are in Europe?
Not in a mullion years for me. Three good seasons worth is an investment that gets us into a potentially wonderful CL opportunity which will turn the club around for the years ahead.

PS. Would be delighted to finish the season with the SC.

Last edited:
Europe is the key to that.
Would you have swapped a domestic cup the last two seasons Vs where we are in Europe?
Not in a mullion years for me. Three good seasons worth is an investment that gets us into a potentially wonderful CL opportunity which will turn the club around for the years ahead.
Even you don't believe it, its a good way of shutting up a scum supporter. :)

i think you might revise that in summer my friend when you see the carnage left behind and a very limited budget
I hope you’re right but all I was pointing out that we must never go down the route they have by not looking over their shoulders and just believed that we were still a couple of years away from worrying about.

The Champions League situation over the next 2 years is bigger than any of the above.
The following is the scenario that i reckon will happen and if it does then we will be the ones that will be going for 10 in a row.

1. Next season we have the much easier route to the group stage. We should qualify they will not.

2. If we can win the league next season and get automatically to the group stage and they fail as usual.

If the above unfolds ( pretty likely in my view ) then DD will have to dig deep to avoid an admin event
They'll be nowhere near admin because they don't run that way. They might be left with a pretty uncompetitive financial situation though, something like McLeish era Rangers, which wouldn't do us any harm if we keep being professional.

Key for us is not to use Sellick as a benchmark - we have to keep aiming at being a round better in Europe than the year before.

It’s ok but, they’ll sell The French forward they have for £35m to West Ham, according the some papers...

That’ll be them back to normal after that.
when they appoint Eddie Howe next week, or Benitez or whoever it is, that’ll be them back to their best B-D B-D B-D B-D B-D B-D

Party’s over for these mentally challenged bastards, and they can throw as much money as they want at it, which they won’t, it’s not going to stop the big blue juggernaut.

Let them come after us, we welcome the chase!

With CL, we have a potentially easier route to the group stages which if we reached would see a financial advantage in out favour.

With season tickets, not just uptake next season to be factored in. They'll have some angry fans claiming a refund on all games missed this year.
Can they claim a refund?

Counter points:

Their disgruntled players are leaving in summer; new manager has no expectations as they're utterly shite; anything is better than 15-20 points behind.

Not sure where they go in the summer to be honest.

I think they will be looking at eye watering losses this season-they will be desperate to offload players as soon as, and I’m not sure they will get anything close to the transfer money they hope.

Big call for the directors their and this will have a massive effect on not just them but us all so.

Who in their right mind is going to want to be involved with this rancid organisation in the future?

Celtic have got fat and complacent, getting it too easy for too long has made them bloated and given them a false sense of security.

When they appointed Lennon they lost the professionalism and drive that Rodgers had instilled, they regressed slowly at first but that gained momentum and they are now at the tipping point.

Their next managerial appointment is monumental for Celtic, if they get a cheap option they could be in serious trouble. Even a top manager may struggle as they will need to overhaul everything and managing Celtic is a whole different ball game to any normal club. Draws will not be tolerated unless Rangers are dropping points too.

Do they run the risk of losing many millions more by going all in for a big name, or unleash the wrath of the fans by going cheap and hoping for the best? Interesting times ahead for them.

I think some bears are giving the paedo too much respect..we are miles ahead of them in every department with the gap widening as we speak.

Catch us if you can Desperate Dan...........

Back