Celtic. Media trying to ‘move along’ - the unanswered questions

Be just perfect if they try and sack Boli then he can prove he notified the club of his trip to Spain. At that point I’d seriously hope Doncaster and the spfl (no laughing at the back) would throw the book at the bastards.

it does sound like bolingoli did hide it though but maybe just maybe there are pics out there of him that will surface,... with a team mate or two. ;-p

Did football clubs not used to keep players passports at club ? Maybe I’m wrong but I’m sure players handed passports to clubs at start of season, were only returned for international matches etc.
Far from a punishment, they will likely now play these games with a stronger squad and possibly in front of supporters. Could end up a benefit with zero punishment. Scottish football is a poisoned well.
Doubt it, they were due to play a depleted Aberdeen team, a guaranteed 3 points. Will prob still beat them easy enough though. There won't be decent sized crowds this side of NewYear and possibly not beyond either.

Bus. They arrived at Seamill Hydro on Saturday. In Parks of Hamilton buses.

I had the misfortune to be at the Hydro. The Hydro is operating a track and trace system.

I'm awaiting an email from the Hydro advising me that I'm now at risk.
Only if you had close contact with him.

Where was he in Spain? How did he manage to escape recognition? What airports were involved? How did he get home? Did he visit an interested club?

Flying to and from Spain over two days means you have very little time on the streets.

Simple questions that require answering.
He flew from priest wick apparently

They smell
They don’t wash
They have covid
Support child murderers
Have one long eyebrow
Don’t work
Aye, a club like no other.

I had the misfortune to be at the Hydro. The Hydro is operating a track and trace system.

What if you don't get one - that's important

that is the $64,000 question but I doubt we'll get an answer to it

if Celtic knew and let him on to their bus or whatever they used to get to Rugby Park, they should be hammered for it
It’s been reported Celtic stayed overnight Saturday/Sunday at the Seamill Hydro . . . what about all the other guests staying there?

You only get alerted if someone tests positive

This has been resolved with alarming speed.
That mob never accept anything so readily .
More to this than they want to be discovered imo.
Caught red handed. Sturgeon gave Doncaster and crew no option. No opportunity for sweep sweep.

Was Bolingoli eligible to play by SFA rules? If not then it's a 3-0 for Killie and a fine.
The problem lies in there will be no rules as such ,only this government guidance .

This exposes the ridiculous situation where no rules were created by the SFA or the SPFL for things like this.And there should have been ,the threat of suspension of football again could cost the game massively in this country.But as usual in recent years its run on an ADHOC basis that is wide open to corruption ,Now I don’t think we would be open to punishment if we were to do the same and the show was on the other foot ,But 100pc there would be an appetite from many quarters for us to be battered for it .
Rules should have been in place with a list of punishments available for breaches such as these but sadly nobody in the game thought they were needed .

I mentioned a few weeks back to a mate of mine that rules needed drawn up for the coming season ,afterall the SPFL wanted special powers to deal with potential problems this season and since they weren’t granted them they should have had a list of rules to stick to,

The can of worms is now open, no team now can be punished for what the sheep and scum have done, teams will now use the tricks to suit their own agendas going forward.
We are now in a good position and need to stay top going forward to win this league.

Accepted everything quickly and quietly as they know it could have been worse. Kilmarnock quite within their rights to go after them for fielding an ineligible player. If it had been a Kilmarnock player who was caught out after that result, you can bet they’d have been going for the three points on a technicality.

The OP is spot on.

We should be pursuing this and the points raised with the utmost vigour.
Our club/board should be demanding answers to the points stated.

However, I dont think I'm alone in saying that i feel that Stewart Robertson doesn't have the "fire in his belly" to pursue any issues or fights against the corrupt SPL.
Part of the problem here is that it is not Rangers’ job to be the policemen of Scottish football.
On what basis should it Rangers who should be “demanding answers”?
Maybe it should be Kilmarnock due to them being unnecessarily and dangerously exposed due to the player and his clubs ambivalence.

The problem lies in there will be no rules as such ,only this government guidance .

This exposes the ridiculous situation where no rules were created by the SFA or the SPFL for things like this.And there should have been ,the threat of suspension of football again could cost the game massively in this country.But as usual in recent years its run on an ADHOC basis that is wide open to corruption ,Now I don’t think we would be open to punishment if we were to do the same and the show was on the other foot ,But 100pc there would be an appetite from many quarters for us to be battered for it .
Rules should have been in place with a list of punishments available for breaches such as these but sadly nobody in the game thought they were needed .

I mentioned a few weeks back to a mate of mine that rules needed drawn up for the coming season ,afterall the SPFL wanted special powers to deal with potential problems this season and since they weren’t granted them they should have had a list of rules to stick to,
And you can rest assured if we find ourselves in the position the Tims were in, ahead but with a catchable points total when a second lockdown is applied, watch their excuses not to follow precedent, saying this time is different.

Accepted everything quickly and quietly as they know it could have been worse. Kilmarnock quite within their rights to go after them for fielding an ineligible player. If it had been a Kilmarnock player who was caught out after that result, you can bet they’d have been going for the three points on a technicality.
What if it had been a Cup game I wonder what their stance would have been then.

that is the $64,000 question but I doubt we'll get an answer to it

if Celtic knew and let him on to their bus or whatever they used to get to Rugby Park, they should be hammered for it
Well if they didn't know then the player will be hammered by them for putting his team mates at risk.

Won't he?

Failure to complete the fixtures should also be a 3-0 not a postponement. What happens if Celtic sign Messi and Naymar before the postponed games are played? How is that fair on St Mirren and Aberdeen? Also as Celtic and Aberdeen both guilty should be a 3-3 draw for their game. Kilmarnock should get a 3-0 for Celtic fielding an ineligible player.

As a consequence, the games which are cancelled must be replayed without players who were not registered for this game(for the offending team). Re-arranged Home games for the offending team will be played without fans regardless of the prevailing rules at the time of the re-arranged games. Players from the offending team, who were suspended, remain suspended for the make-up fixtures. Players who were suspended for the original games will remain suspended for the next round of games (if you were suspended for the next two games you are still suspended for the upcoming games, same as if the game was postponed).
Players who ignore the rules deliberately will be suspended for four games for a first offence and 8 for a second. Clubs who knowingly instruct players to play in such circumstances will be deduced the points from all postponed games, including re-arranged games during that period of time. Offending team must pay reasonable compensation to their intended opponent for the loss of earnings or costs for the loss of the fixture. Costs not paid will be deduced from prize money or garnished from player sales at the end of the season. Failure to pay these football costs will result in league membership being revoked.
Is this fact in the rule book or made up?

in the Lennon media presser yesterday he was asked if he knew before the video call with Jason leitch. He responded saying the club found out on the day of the call.

it sounds to me as if they were hoping to keep it a secret as he said the story then broke. So they knew before the call but never disclosed this to Leitch or The Scottish government, even worse it appears they never contacted Kilmarnock to warn them of the risk to their players until the story broke.

But still they are claiming the moral high ground for ‘leading’ the game back to playing and following strict protocol.

Is the above in line with others views? If so it’s worse than Bolingoli’s actions.

in the Lennon media presser yesterday he was asked if he knew before the video call with Jason leitch. He responded saying the club found out on the day of the call.

it sounds to me as if they were hoping to keep it a secret as he said the story then broke. So they knew before the call but never disclosed this to Leitch or The Scottish government, even worse it appears they never contacted Kilmarnock to warn them of the risk to their players until the story broke.

But still they are claiming the moral high ground for ‘leading’ the game back to playing and following strict protocol.

Is the above in line with others views? If so it’s worse than Bolingoli’s actions.

He actually admitted he knew before the Jason Leitch call, knew it was going to break, but never cracked a light. They were already in damage limitation mode, there is no danger he went on the Monday and came back on the Tuesday, none, they’re fucking at it.

Killie need to drive the campaign and ask why are the scum being allowed to play an ineligible player

Precedents have been set (Hearts and Clyde) getting points deductions for playing ineligible players

If Killie don’t want to ask then Stewart Robertson needs to ask the SPL and SFA what are they doing to punish the scum

It’s no use sitting back we have to go on the offensive and demand sanctions against the scum
You can bet that if it was one of our players The Fat Japanese would be ensuring we got a hefty fine and points deduction quoting sporting integrity of course.

Am I missing something here ? He was ineligible to play on Sunday as he should have been in quarantine. Whether Celtic knew or not is immaterial. An ineligible player, played in that game. What are the consequences of fielding an ineligible player ? It can’t be future postponements as that has been handed out to Aberdeen who didn’t play an ineligible player.
Think that's why we need.to see.the football rules in relation to quarantine. What do the rules say?

What I can’t understand is how could the spfl not have punishments already in place for breaking the covid rules. My understanding is the SPFL had extensive meetings before the league was started surely the breaking of these new rules was discussed? I mean if you make a rule you would ensure that the rule has a forfeit for being breached?
I can’t get my head around this, we are the laughing stock of the world.

does anyone know of other cases of player/club breaching the new rules? Or this a landmark?
Also have any other footballing authorities got rues in place.

What I can’t understand is how could the spfl not have punishments already in place for breaking the covid rules. My understanding is the SPFL had extensive meetings before the league was started surely the breaking of these new rules was discussed? I mean if you make a rule you would ensure that the rule has a forfeit for being breached?
I can’t get my head around this, we are the laughing stock of the world.

does anyone know of other cases of player/club breaching the new rules? Or this a landmark?
Also have any other footballing authorities got rues in place.

I think there is a rule about bringing the game into disrepute which should cover it. Maybe?

There is no way he was in Spain without club approval
You actually got a few likes for this post.
I genuinely worry about FF at times.
Of course the club had no idea he was in Spain.
He’s an extremely average player who the club will happily throw under the bus.
The real story here is that he’s genuinely thick as mince.
The club are in meltdown right now over this, there is no way he got club approval for it

He actually admitted he knew before the Jason Leitch call, knew it was going to break, but never cracked a light. They were already in damage limitation mode, there is no danger he went on the Monday and came back on the Tuesday, none, they’re fucking at it.

I would rather stick knitting needles in my eyes before checking but one does wonder if that mhob release images and video footage of training and if Brolingoli was exempt from any?

I am not buying the sellick version of events for a second.

They have already spun this to lay blame on the player already and the usual suspect of the media have toed the party line and are pushing this narrative as gospel and how it is a pure shame that the sellick were deceived.
There must be further consequences and punishment from the SFA,, this was a HSE breach after it what was already a major headline after the sheep fiasco.
Will the governing body take further action?
They should and this should be known already what these sanctions will be, we need to put pressure on so that this is not swept away.

Keevins last night “the Bolingoli story emerged at 10pm Monday night” utter, agenda driven nonsense.

They are at it and in full cover up mode.

It was posted on here sunday night mate, so Keevins is a bare faced liar. Is he telling us that a story which broke on twitter on Sunday night no one knew about till 24 hours later? Lol, what a numpty he is.

Back