Celtic must be embarrassed by conduct of section of their fans, says Kris Boyd

dh1963

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
Celtic supporters wouldn’t stamp all over their own seats and destroy them. Why on earth do they think it’s okay to do it at someone else’s ground?
It was downright vandalism at our stadium on Sunday. An utter disgrace with sections of the away end wrecked for no reason. With a bit of luck CCTV footage will identify the culprits and expose them for being the morons they are.
As I said in my Instagram account, those so-called supporters like to call themselves the greatest fans in the world. But if that’s true then I weigh nine and a half stone when I step onto the scales!

Let’s get it right, it wasn’t everyone in the away end who acted like idiots at the weekend. But when you strip everything away, Celtic must be embarrassed by the conduct of a section of their fans who seem to think they’re above the law.
Let’s hope the authorities catch up with them. In the meantime Celtic are left to foot the bill for the damage done. There’s just no excuse for any of it. But there was just way too much that happened on Sunday that was totally and utterly unacceptable. On top of the seats that were left mangled, there were flares lit and chucked onto the pitch, sectarian songs chanted loud and clear, with a coin thrown at me. The abuse I got, I can take.
Being called a ‘fat orange b*****d’ doesn’t bother me — believe it or not, it’s water off a duck’s back having heard it throughout my career. That doesn’t make it acceptable, of course. In this day and age it shouldn’t be tolerated at all, but I don’t see the point in complaining too much about it.

I could play the victim like some do, but that’s not me. Plus, what’s the point? It’s probably the wrong attitude to have, but for me the bottom line is that it’s never going to change. What MUST be stamped out of the game, though, is this coin-throwing madness. There have been too many incidents recently with Neil Lennon struck at Tynecastle, Alfredo Morelos targeted when he played St Mirrenand a linesman hit at Livingston. Does someone need to get seriously hurt before the authorities do something about this? Because that’s what’s going to happen. Mark my words, a player or manager is going to lose his sight in one eye and then the SFA and SPFL will be quick to come out with statements condemning people. But they should be doing something now. One thing I will say is that I don’t have a problem with fans jumping over the perimeter wall when a goal is scored, like Scott Brown’s late winner against us.
When a goal like that goes in there is a real danger people at the front of the stand could be crushed, so I don’t blame anyone for stepping five yards onto the track. What is unacceptable is when teenagers are running all the way to the centre circle to goad players into a reaction. I mean, come on. On Sunday the 4pm kick-off didn’t help matters with too many people going into the ground steaming drunk. There were Buckfast bottles lying everywhere, so clearly they’d managed to smuggle their cheap booze in through the turnstiles too. What are clubs meant to do, turn down money on offer from Sky Sports because punters don’t know how to conduct themselves? I’ll add another point — for me all the recent controversy surrounding decisions made by the Compliance Officer has only heightened tensions. Fans of all clubs are coming away from games feeling aggrieved with certain refereeing decisions. Then a few days later they hear the SFA have cited one of their players. That leads to hearings and appeals with bans and suspension which often leaves everyone scratching their head. The system is just so outdated and needs to be reworked.

Every club in the country should sit around a table and come up with a clear and precise set of rules. There are too many inconsistencies with baffling decisions and for me that’s only adding to the anger in the stands at matches this season. I had a recent appeal against a red card and if the panel who sat in judgement were qualified to make a decision then I’ve just lost seven pounds and I’m nine stone dead! These people should be identified and highlighted. Our game is in a great place right now with much to be positive about. The national team looks like it could be on the verge of qualifying for a major tournament for the first time since 1998, with some cracking youngsters coming through. We shouldn’t allow the negative influences to wreck everything. But that takes strong leaders to stand up for the majority of good, honest supporters who go to matches every weekend. The ones who support their teams and behave. The ones who can’t do that should be pinpointed and shamed.

Being called a ‘fat orange b*****d’ doesn’t bother me — believe it or not, it’s water off a duck’s back having heard it throughout my career. That doesn’t make it acceptable, of course. In this day and age it shouldn’t be tolerated at all, but I don’t see the point in complaining too much about it.

Why? Why let it fly? Why not complain?

Those animals have been getting away with it for years. A player is openly complaining and calling them out in the national news.

Surely the SFA or the CO must act.

Last edited:
Aye they should act but wont, to far under the heal of one club, ah if we say and do nothing it will go away and we can get own way the geme.

" Its only a minority of a minority and it only happens at away games. " Is that not the typical BBC / Celtc statement trotted out after another stadium is wrecked. ?

That was a real opportunity to have a go at the one way sectarianism in this country, but he didn't take it. The hacks will gloss over that part of his article

Celtic supporters wouldn’t stamp all over their own seats and destroy them. Why on earth do they think it’s okay to do it at someone else’s ground?
It was downright vandalism at our stadium on Sunday. An utter disgrace with sections of the away end wrecked for no reason. With a bit of luck CCTV footage will identify the culprits and expose them for being the morons they are.
As I said in my Instagram account, those so-called supporters like to call themselves the greatest fans in the world. But if that’s true then I weigh nine and a half stone when I step onto the scales!

Let’s get it right, it wasn’t everyone in the away end who acted like idiots at the weekend. But when you strip everything away, Celtic must be embarrassed by the conduct of a section of their fans who seem to think they’re above the law.
Let’s hope the authorities catch up with them. In the meantime Celtic are left to foot the bill for the damage done. There’s just no excuse for any of it. But there was just way too much that happened on Sunday that was totally and utterly unacceptable. On top of the seats that were left mangled, there were flares lit and chucked onto the pitch, sectarian songs chanted loud and clear, with a coin thrown at me. The abuse I got, I can take.

I could play the victim like some do, but that’s not me. Plus, what’s the point? It’s probably the wrong attitude to have, but for me the bottom line is that it’s never going to change. What MUST be stamped out of the game, though, is this coin-throwing madness. There have been too many incidents recently with Neil Lennon struck at Tynecastle, Alfredo Morelos targeted when he played St Mirrenand a linesman hit at Livingston. Does someone need to get seriously hurt before the authorities do something about this? Because that’s what’s going to happen. Mark my words, a player or manager is going to lose his sight in one eye and then the SFA and SPFL will be quick to come out with statements condemning people. But they should be doing something now. One thing I will say is that I don’t have a problem with fans jumping over the perimeter wall when a goal is scored, like Scott Brown’s late winner against us.
When a goal like that goes in there is a real danger people at the front of the stand could be crushed, so I don’t blame anyone for stepping five yards onto the track. What is unacceptable is when teenagers are running all the way to the centre circle to goad players into a reaction. I mean, come on. On Sunday the 4pm kick-off didn’t help matters with too many people going into the ground steaming drunk. There were Buckfast bottles lying everywhere, so clearly they’d managed to smuggle their cheap booze in through the turnstiles too. What are clubs meant to do, turn down money on offer from Sky Sports because punters don’t know how to conduct themselves? I’ll add another point — for me all the recent controversy surrounding decisions made by the Compliance Officer has only heightened tensions. Fans of all clubs are coming away from games feeling aggrieved with certain refereeing decisions. Then a few days later they hear the SFA have cited one of their players. That leads to hearings and appeals with bans and suspension which often leaves everyone scratching their head. The system is just so outdated and needs to be reworked.

Every club in the country should sit around a table and come up with a clear and precise set of rules. There are too many inconsistencies with baffling decisions and for me that’s only adding to the anger in the stands at matches this season. I had a recent appeal against a red card and if the panel who sat in judgement were qualified to make a decision then I’ve just lost seven pounds and I’m nine stone dead! These people should be identified and highlighted. Our game is in a great place right now with much to be positive about. The national team looks like it could be on the verge of qualifying for a major tournament for the first time since 1998, with some cracking youngsters coming through. We shouldn’t allow the negative influences to wreck everything. But that takes strong leaders to stand up for the majority of good, honest supporters who go to matches every weekend. The ones who support their teams and behave. The ones who can’t do that should be pinpointed and shamed.
Great statement he doesn't miss

The sad part is the acceptance of Orange ba$tard so how long have they been getting away with it Chris ?
They still are as nothing is ever done about this mob, but don't sing TBB cos you'll get a jail sentence it's one set of rules and "nil by mhanks", it's a total disgrace.

Celtc Fc huv relsied a staytmunt ........They seats was ullriddy brokun by ra Huns last week n rat....to be sure to be sure.Aw are fanz ar pure brillyant.
1z1qptt.jpg

Why? Why let it fly? Why not complain?

Those animals have been getting away with it for years. A player is openly complaining and calling them out in the national news.

Surely the SFA or the CO must act.

He says what’s the point he doesn’t think it will change

He right it won’t

They have the upper hand in the political and media stratosphere so why would they change.....

Firstly they have no shame Kris and secondly you should not brush off being called an orange bastard it is not banter it is hatred and should be called what it is a hate crime in today's climate!

Boyd hits the mark. Points out what he was called and also that the idiots singing doesn’t bother him so why play the victim, and quite clearly he means Lennon.

Thankfully through his work at SKY and his newspaper column he doesn’t need a job at the BBC when he retires!

That was a real opportunity to have a go at the one way sectarianism in this country, but he didn't take it. The hacks will gloss over that part of his article
I think he has been sensible...................I couldn't give a monkeys about what people shout and sing - and some folk make a story out of it and it doesn't help things.

He has come out with a few home truths there in the article, which some of the bigger names in the game and media are scared to highlight.lets see what happens next time he is at a tim game as a pundit.it won't bother him by the sound of things,but it will highlight their scum behaviour again.

Mark my words, a player or manager is going to lose his sight in one eye
Not according to Steve Clark . Going by his reckoning he googled if anybody had lost an eye during a football game after power had booted Jacks head . He said it had never happened, so that means it can’t happen

Tremendous from Boyd.

I’ve read that and instead of being outraged at the content, it’s refreshing to read the truth for once.

We’re now conditioned to this and have to take pleasure in someone pointing out the glaring obvious and having the guts to do so.

“Some think they are above the law, let’s hope the authorities deal with them”

The authorities have allowed them to be above the law, bit of a catch 22 situation

Good article from Boyd. He's gone way further than anyone else in the media regarding that shower.
However expect the lickspittles and typewriter mentally challengeds to demean him over the next few weeks as a bitter, jealous ex Hun with a grudge.

Celtic, Embarrassed you obviously don't know them that well

I think he has been sensible...................I couldn't give a monkeys about what people shout and sing - and some folk make a story out of it and it doesn't help things.

I wouldn’t either. But it’s a one way street with us being singled out.

Back