Celtic penalty?

westwoodrsc_gm

The build-up to their equaliser was a farce as well.

Madden blows his whistle and stops the game for a foul on the Hibs player, but rather than give Hibs a free kick he allows the tarriers to retake theirs and they score from it.
Can only give a foul if the ball is in play - I’ve not seen the incident you are talking about though.

The Celtic penalty is a penalty, as is the hibs one

Mathers82

Official Ticketer
The build-up to their equaliser was a farce as well.

Madden blows his whistle and stops the game for a foul on the Hibs player, but rather than give Hibs a free kick he allows the tarriers to retake theirs and they score from it.
Its a retake because the ball wasnt in play when he pulled up duffy.always been the rule.

Brick_Top

Official Ticketer
Its a retake because the ball wasnt in play when he pulled up duffy.always been the rule.

The ball was in play. Free kick was taken and Madden blew for the foul the second after it.

Only way it was a retake is if Madden hadn’t gave the go ahead for the free kick to be taken, but the tarrier had definitely already whipped the ball in.

Last edited:

Brick_Top

Official Ticketer
Can only give a foul if the ball is in play - I’ve not seen the incident you are talking about though.

The Celtic penalty is a penalty, as is the hibs one

The ball appeared to be in play. It was on the way into the box when Madden blew his whistle.

Only way it was a retake is if Madden hadn’t gave the go ahead for the free kick to be taken, but the tarrier had definitely already whipped the ball in.

bilkobear

Just watching it. Ours was “soft”, but theirs was never a penalty
I watched the highlights on the BBC and it never showed a replay of the handball.
Yet from what I could see it looked as if the ball was kicked onto his hand from an extremely short distance.
If there has been a dodgy penalty this season this one is dodgy with Xmas lights on.

jimbear

I thought it was soft but I also thought that it wasn't an unreasonable decision on the part of the referee. One of those ones imo where I would have been looking for it if it was us.

Mathers82

Official Ticketer
Aye but when the kick is re-taken Duffy commits exactly the same offence when the ball is in play.
At the retake both duffy and the hibs defenders are all fouling each other.duffys got a hold of both of them and one o them has duffys shirt half off his back.neil mccann said it himself on last nights sportscene that the hibs guys arent interested in the ball theyre doing everything they can to stop duffy getting to the ball by any means possible

Grei9

Really? Haven’t seen it, although entirely unsurprised.
Yeah mate he is slighting on the dec and ball hits his supporting arm (out with his silhouette), goes back to the Hibs player and then looks to hit the same arm again. All with in a split second.

Pogo116

M8 he should be calling it a day or going to spec savers. Thats cheating plain and simple. No excuses.

Nick Walsh in my opinion is a good referee. He will know he got the penalty call wrong today. But agree needs to get the “Big calls right”. Don’t believe he’s a cheat. But agree others will have a difference of opinion on FF. Sometimes you are too close to the incident. If I was to show you incident from four different angles bet you would not have same outcome on all four angles.

Have you seen the Jason Holt tackle from yesterday. Now that’s a leg breaker and no card issued.

Referees are human and make mistakes like players.

change consent