Celtic penalty?

The build-up to their equaliser was a farce as well.

Madden blows his whistle and stops the game for a foul on the Hibs player, but rather than give Hibs a free kick he allows the mentally challengeds to retake theirs and they score from it.
Can only give a foul if the ball is in play - I’ve not seen the incident you are talking about though.

The Celtic penalty is a penalty, as is the hibs one

Its a retake because the ball wasnt in play when he pulled up duffy.always been the rule.

The ball was in play. Free kick was taken and Madden blew for the foul the second after it.

Only way it was a retake is if Madden hadn’t gave the go ahead for the free kick to be taken, but the mentally challenged had definitely already whipped the ball in.

Last edited:
Can only give a foul if the ball is in play - I’ve not seen the incident you are talking about though.

The Celtic penalty is a penalty, as is the hibs one

The ball appeared to be in play. It was on the way into the box when Madden blew his whistle.

Only way it was a retake is if Madden hadn’t gave the go ahead for the free kick to be taken, but the mentally challenged had definitely already whipped the ball in.

Just watching it. Ours was “soft”, but theirs was never a penalty
I watched the highlights on the BBC and it never showed a replay of the handball.
Yet from what I could see it looked as if the ball was kicked onto his hand from an extremely short distance.
If there has been a dodgy penalty this season this one is dodgy with Xmas lights on.

I thought it was soft but I also thought that it wasn't an unreasonable decision on the part of the referee. One of those ones imo where I would have been looking for it if it was us.

Really? Haven’t seen it, although entirely unsurprised.
Yeah mate he is slighting on the dec and ball hits his supporting arm (out with his silhouette), goes back to the Hibs player and then looks to hit the same arm again. All with in a split second.

M8 he should be calling it a day or going to spec savers. Thats cheating plain and simple. No excuses.

Nick Walsh in my opinion is a good referee. He will know he got the penalty call wrong today. But agree needs to get the “Big calls right”. Don’t believe he’s a cheat. But agree others will have a difference of opinion on FF. Sometimes you are too close to the incident. If I was to show you incident from four different angles bet you would not have same outcome on all four angles.

Have you seen the Jason Holt tackle from yesterday. Now that’s a leg breaker and no card issued.

Referees are human and make mistakes like players.

Nick Walsh in my opinion is a good referee. He will know he got the penalty call wrong today. But agree needs to get the “Big calls right”. Don’t believe he’s a cheat. But agree others will have a difference of opinion on FF. Sometimes you are too close to the incident. If I was to show you incident from four different angles bet you would not have same outcome on all four angles.

Have you seen the Jason Holt tackle from yesterday. Now that’s a leg breaker and no card issued.

sorry m8 cant buy that. He was looking at it from a head on view and to not give is not a mistake. As others have said if it was not pivotal its given. He knew what he was doing aka cheating

I don't think the Celtic one is a penalty. there is a bit of confusion as 'all' handballs prevent a goal being scored, but the one for other instances says either deliberately handles, or their hand/arm has made their body un-naturally bigger. Is McGinn's arm 'un-natural' in terms of his position?

However, the Celtic penalty should have been retaken as 3 Celtic players (and a number of Hibs players)
are inside the box when the kick is struck

a player of both teams offends , the kick is retaken unless a player commits a more serious offence

Added to which, at their second goal, Duffy fouls the Hibs player

The trouble I have with your last sentence is that I struggle to remember the mistakes they are making that benefit us.

sorry m8 cant buy that. He was looking at it from a head on view and to not give is not a mistake. As others have said if it was not pivotal its given. He knew what he was doing aka cheating

Agree it was not pivotal today but other games it has been - Hibs. It evens itself out over the course of the season. As I’ve said - we are owed a few.

Agree it was not pivotal today but other games it has been - Hibs. It evens itself out over the course of the season. As I’ve said - we are owed a few.

I wish I had your faith. I see this as cheating, just my opinion. I cant give a ref the benefit of the doubt when its so blatant. I have never seen a penalty not given at Ibrox as stonewall as this today,

Just seen it, what an utter farce. Why is it that refs who are tim fans go out of their way to do them favours yet refs who apparently grew up with Rangers leanings seem to be more concerned about disproving that than anything else and usually by giving them soft calls or giving us nothing.

Non this season I agree. But we will return at end of season and we will have had decisions go in our favour.

Possibly, but I can absolutely guarantee you that there won't be roughly a 50/50 split between bad decisions that go against us and those that benefit us.

Back