Celtic player swallow dive looking for penalty. No yellow

That's just embarrassingly shocking. The CO really needs to look at that mob...

...Fvck sake, who am I kidding :rolleyes:

No even slightly surprised remember Mcgregor’s dive at Ibrox this season Walker said he was right to go down because he was anticipating the tackle.

another booking missed and it wouldve been a red for two yellows. Can you imagine our 2nd half of the season if these things did 'even themselves out', we'd coast this league.

No even slightly surprised remember Mcgregor’s dive at Ibrox this season Walker said he was right to go down because he was anticipating the tackle.
Never understood the attitude of "having the right" to go down for the slightest touch or "anticipation" of a tackle. If you have no choice in the matter then that's obvious, but anything else is cheating, as far as I'm concerned.

On this occasion I wouldn’t highlight it.

The last thing we want is Michael Johnston receiving a retrospective ban.

did he win a penalty? (Video isn’t working for me) If not there’s no action that can be taken as the player has to deceive the ref into giving a decision.

Never understood the attitude of "having the right" to go down for the slightest touch or "anticipation" of a tackle. If you have no choice in the matter then that's obvious, but anything else is cheating, as far as I'm concerned.
You could just go down all the time and plead you anticipated the tackle. Biggest lot of sh1te ever. Their way of sugarcoating blatant cheating yet again!

I keep telling myself I have to start cataloguing these but I never do.

Just download one video a week mate, you'll have a selection. Before you know it there'll be a few dozen filling up a folder.

All Rangers need to do is pay a couple of young people a wee wage to run a handful of accounts across social media and fund a decent website anyone could contribute to and edit all these examples together to show the cheating and slack refereeing involved around all too similar incidents.

There's so much of it, it's an easy job to point it all out !

Didn't Aluko get a 2 game ban for a lot less after a supposed dive that wasn't punished?

What's Clers email again?
I think she needs to be reminded of this?

Dear Clare Whyte

You'll note rangers feel they are held to different standards.
The evidence points to exactly this.
Last night Michael Johnston dived with no one near him and failed to receive a yellow card.
We note that on the previous round of league fixtures Mr Morelos was sent off after going to ground "too easily under minimal contact" if media reports are to be believed.
You'll also note that one of your predecesors seen fit to ban Mr Sone Aluko for 2 games after again, "going down to easily "

Given the dramatic nature of the Michael Johnston incident last night, I'm hopeful you'll at least attempt to show us that in fact, Rangers and other clubs are treated in a concistent manner.

Now, can anyone let me know if there are any glaring errors before I email her.
And stick her email on here so a few others can email their own version if there is an appetite to do so.

Just from last night Rangers should be asking the sfa for consistency , seltic player throwing missile at away fans ,
johnson blatant dive , cheating.
both go unpunished.

Didn't Aluko get a 2 game ban for a lot less after a supposed dive that wasn't punished?

What's Clers email again?
I think she needs to be reminded of this?

Dear Clare Whyte

You'll note rangers feel they are held to different standards.
The evidence points to exactly this.
Last night Michael Johnston dived with no one near him and failed to receive a yellow card.
We note that on the previous round of league fixtures Mr Morelos was sent off after going to ground "too easily under minimal contact" if media reports are to be believed.
You'll also note that one of your predecesors seen fit to ban Mr Sone Aluko for 2 games after again, "going down to easily "

Given the dramatic nature of the Michael Johnston incident last night, I'm hopeful you'll at least attempt to show us that in fact, Rangers and other clubs are treated in a concistent manner.

Now, can anyone let me know if there are any glaring errors before I email her.
And stick her email on here so a few others can email their own version if there is an appetite to do so.
I'd send similar. But in my own words I think would be best.
Have any other of our players been done for diving retrospectively.
I'd also maybe copy in stewart Robertson if I could get a hold of an email to do so.

Any semblance of credibility Crocker and Walker had as fair and balanced commentators disappeared years ago.

Just to clarify, Alfie did not go down under contact, why deny what the TV pictures clearly show, a pathetic attempt to win a penalty that got the booking it deserved.

Johnson's dive is even more pathetic if it actually was an attempt to win a penalty. He was so far away from the Killie player it has me thinking that perhaps he stumbled.
Maybe Alfredo stumbled too then eh ?

Consistency is all that is wanted.

I have no issue with any player going down at the slightest of touches (assuming they are not better placed to shoot), but if there is no touch and the player takes a fall then the ref needs to book them - it is clear cheating.

I think if we want to highlight inconsistencies we have to be sensible and objective with them otherwise our argument loses credit

That there wasn’t a dive from the player looking for a penalty. He doesn’t even claim or look round to the referee for it. He sits up pulls his socks up and punches the ground.

That is a disgrace, the ref needs pulled up for that. This will be brushed under the carpet unless bears keep up the fight, bombard phone ins etc.

If you were running out of space then you'd slide forward to try and cross it before it goes out. If you go head first then you've dived.

They really need to stop folk getting into the ground with sniper rifles.

He had enough room to go down in the box. I mean, it’s not even good acting.

These clowns like Hartson, Sutton or Walker only see what suits their agenda. It will end them when we win 55, especially this season.

I think if we want to highlight inconsistencies we have to be sensible and objective with them otherwise our argument loses credit

That there wasn’t a dive from the player looking for a penalty. He doesn’t even claim or look round to the referee for it. He sits up pulls his socks up and punches the ground.

Alfie didnt claim for a penalty either.

ffs that’s pathetic

Its the worst dive If seen. Just blatant cheating. Knowing Dom Robertson if killie player a yard closer he would have given it no doubt. Just far to blatant on this one.

Can you imagine the public outcry if that was Morelos.

A clear booking, if that was Alfie it would have been a booking. Different standards of refereeing and commentating.

You couldn't mark their necks with a blowtorch. Everyone knows Walker is a massive hypocrite, he proves it publicly time and time again. Horrible wee man. It's in the sellick genes.

He threw himself to the ground looking for a penalty, it's right there in slow motion for you.

He doesn't claim because he realises the ridiculousness of his attempt.

Back