Celtic podder predicts Keane and Nicky Butt management team

Can see the headlines now, Griffiths and McGregor will be out for 3 months after sustaining broken ribs in a "training ground incident"

I wonder if playing for Keane would be an attractive proposition for players given that he is a choleric individual, to say the least.
Further, he hasn't been very good at disguising his character in football circles.
Added to that he hasn't exactly been successful in the past managing a football team, at Sunderland he initially got them a promotion, but eventually, it went tits up and when he left, legend has it his players all cheered at seeing the back of him.

I just don't see it, but then forget all of that, he is an Irish Catholic and I suppose that trumps everything else.

Lennon to Keane.
Is it ‘From one extreme to another’ or ‘Out of the frying pan, into the fire’...?

What’s the longest time someone has spent between jobs?

Keane’s ten years out of management is surely only rivalled by Dalglish getting the Liverpool job in 2011.

Just thinking what this would mean for the next five games for them.

John Kennedy will Chuck it as he’s nothing to play for and those few that have played alright recently won’t be interested in these balloons coming in. Can see many of their current crop running to the gills in desperation.

Those that would have stayed ie Griffiths / Mikey J will be taking pay cuts to get out the door and perhaps follow Captain Caveman to Aberdeen.

Never a better time to create a record that will last many a year in biggest points gap between first and second in league.

Keane would be amazing. Quality entertainment,lots of hype for scottish game but no chance of topping us.

Keane isn't outfoxing Beale on the tactics front or raising behind the scenes to standards Gerrard has done for us. So we can just enjoy the mayhem.

When Martin O’Neil was manager notts forest keane was his assistant the forest players revolted against him he left months before O’Neil got sacked

Don’t think it will happen.
My money is on the Scotland manager but I think I will lose it as Kennedy will get 10 games before the end of season .

I would be utterly astounded if they appointed Keane. He's a dinosaur who isn't compatiable with the modern game.

They will go for a highly rated coach with a decent level DOF above him.

The guy from Man City would make a lot of sense for them. Would also allow them to tap into Man City's younger players.

They still have quite a lot of good players at the club who have regressed badly under Lennon. They need someone to come in and start getting a tune out of players who are under performing again, Keane is the absolute opposite of what they need.

Keane is exactly the same as Lennon, a poor manager and a hot head when things go wrong, so I'm in.

Fritzl’s sectarian recruitment policy will hopefully see Oirish Kafflickness rated more highly than tedious modern sporting terms such as -

leadership
sports science
nutrition
competence
development
stability
tactics

and they end up with an even more arrogant and volatile version of Lennon

Would Keane do more damage as a director of football or a manager? DoF I think. Here's hoping B-)

I would be utterly astounded if they appointed Keane. He's a dinosaur who isn't compatiable with the modern game.

They will go for a highly rated coach with a decent level DOF above him.

The guy from Man City would make a lot of sense for them. Would also allow them to tap into Man City's younger players.

They still have quite a lot of good players at the club who have regressed badly under Lennon. They need someone to come in and start getting a tune out of players who are under performing again, Keane is the absolute opposite of what they need.
It's just far too good to be true.

*crosses fingers*

Back