Celtic run the SFA' Rangers hero Nacho Novo makes astonishing 'mafia' claim

QC Wine

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-run-sfa-rangers-hero-14040454

The former Ibrox striker believes the governing body and the media are biased towards Celtic.
Bottom of Form​
Former Rangers striker Nacho Novo believes a Celtic "mafia" is controlling the SFA.
The Spaniard has hit out at the governing body and the media and insists there is bias towards the Parkhead club.
Ibrox keeper Allan McGregor was given a two-match ban for a studs-up challenge on Aberdeen's Lewis Ferguson earlier this month but Novo reckons Celtic players have been let off with worse.
He pointed to a challenge by Scott Brown on Daniel Candeias during Rangers ' win 1-0 over the Hoops in December.

Novo claimed even if Brown had been retrospectively cited for the tackle, the SFA would have let him off.
He told Rangers News: "For me personally, there is mafia in the SFA, in terms of they are run by Celtic. The newspapers are exactly the same and that’s obvious. You can see it from a mile away.
“That’s how I see it. Look at Allan McGregor’s tackle on Lewis Ferguson. Now if you look at Scott Brown’s challenge on Daniel Candeias, that’s worse. It’s a straight red, yet Brown doesn’t even get a booking. If he was took to a panel they would still say no.
“It’s just these stupid things. If it’s one rule for one team, then that should be the rule for others as well. You can’t keep Celtic directors or Rangers directors on the SFA panel.

"If people aren’t going to stop them, we aren’t going to go forward, we’ll be going backwards. It will affect the young players.”
Following a week in which former Rangers star Kris Boyd and Kilmarnock boss Steve Clarke were subjected to sectarian abuse, Novo opened up on his experiences.
He admits he's grown used to being targeted by Celtic fans and reckons Scotland will struggle to eradicate its bigotry problem.
He added: "It’s just never going to change. Even when I left Rangers I was still getting abuse, I had people telling me to die in my sleep. It’s just so stupid. With Celtic fans it was more than just a few, but in all I just don’t get it.
“I’m just not going to listen. To me I’m used to it now, it’s never going to change. It’s coming from here and there. I never found it too important to go to the press and say look at what the Celtic fans did to me. I’m just quiet, in one ear out the other.”one ear out the other.”

Back