Celtic Season ticket holder arrested at Ibrox last night

Certainly seems to he a lot more hatred these days,but not sure how much of that is being stirred up by social media.
As for trouble at the games,nowadays doesn't even come close to what it was like back in them days. A 100+ arrests was the norm then,mind you a lot of that was fighting among themselves in the ground and the bottles flying,followed by a pitch invasion.
Anyone remember the bins they had at the turnstile when they would catch people sneaking bevy in,always full of booze that was taken off fans,but plenty got through with it.
Cops must have had a good old party them days with the spoils of war.

You’re 100% talking absolute pish. Threatening to disrupt the parade from his bed?
Nonsense the polite term haha
If you like, check the thread in the lounge regarding GCC processions, the no UVF on our streets advert is on there, calling all Republicans to meet at 9.45 this morning. i missed the parade this morning, i normally marshal at this parade, so i have no idea how it went. hopefully it was trouble free

If you like, check the thread in the lounge regarding GCC processions, the no UVF on our streets advert is on there, calling all Republicans to meet at 9.45 this morning. i missed the parade this morning, i normally marshal at this parade, so i have no idea how it went. hopefully it was trouble free
I was more referring to your idea he had the Warsaw ultras megaphone which just isn’t true

Certainly seems to he a lot more hatred these days,but not sure how much of that is being stirred up by social media.
As for trouble at the games,nowadays doesn't even come close to what it was like back in them days. A 100+ arrests was the norm then,mind you a lot of that was fighting among themselves in the ground and the bottles flying,followed by a pitch invasion.
Anyone remember the bins they had at the turnstile when they would catch people sneaking bevy in,always full of booze that was taken off fans,but plenty got through with it.
A lot of the arrests back in the 70s at games came about because of the gang culture back then - many a run in the Kilwinning gangs (rebels, cumbie)had with the Irvine gangs ( Apache, winton, san toi) at the time and could easily disappear into the crowd when the police appeared

I took in a few Filth European games back then including this one.
I also went to other Scottish club's games when they had European ties.
It was simply to see the teams from other countries when I had the opportunity to do so.
There was no widespread television coverage in those days and teams from other parts were almost a phenomenon to curious football supporters.

There is no comparison to the cretin who visited Ibrox on Thursday purely for mischief rather than the love of the game.
He remains an unfortunate oddity in the human spectrum.

Yes, it was just different then Bilko.

This wee twat is a true oddity albeit I’d guess that he’s not the only one of them who have done it ?

I was more referring to your idea he had the Warsaw ultras megaphone which just isn’t true
He attended the game with Arthur Boruc and gave him the megaphone, as seen in the press, Maguire was also behind the trouble last season against Osijek when 2 Croat fans were allegedly stabbed. there was a big thread of FF regarding that.

You’re right about the trouble being worse back then. Some things were pretty crazy but perversely the hatred is still worse now imo.

Things we’re so much different then Buster. I was born in 62 but I remember being told that many bears were supporting them in Lisbon & many of them were supporting us in Barcelona.

Not sure if any older bears can confirm that ?

Eh.....no.

I was only a small kid back then and I certainly didn't want them to win anything.

God only knows what the more "stalwart" members of the bus thought.

You’re right about the trouble being worse back then. Some things were pretty crazy but perversely the hatred is still worse now imo.

I'd suggest most of the arrests were for being drunk and abusive. Most of the 'trouble' was guys on a packed terracing opening up in a big gap whilst a handful of punters went at it in the middle. More often than not nobody got hurt and it came to nothing. In fairness, the throwing of bottles and cans was pretty grim and we are well shot of that.

I've gone to games against the Dhims in the dim and distant past where I've travelled with a Celtic-supporting mate, we've parked the car, gone our separate ways and then met up again after the match driven home and gone for a pint.:eek:

I wouldn't dream of it these days - and actually go out of my way to avoid talking football with any of 'them' - and agree that the 'hatred', as you put, it is much, much worse.

We’re more talking about the Legia Arthur boruc thing.

That’s a load of pish.

I'd suggest most of the arrests were for being drunk and abusive. Most of the 'trouble' was guys on a packed terracing opening up in a big gap whilst a handful of punters went at it in the middle. More often than not nobody got hurt and it came to nothing. In fairness, the throwing of bottles and cans was pretty grim and we are well shot of that.

I've gone to games against the Dhims in the dim and distant past where I've travelled with a Celtic-supporting mate, we've parked the car, gone our separate ways and then met up again after the match driven home and gone for a pint.:eek:

I wouldn't dream of it these days - and actually go out of my way to avoid talking football with any of 'them' - and agree that the 'hatred', as you put, it is much, much worse.
There is now a political dimension to the rivalry that was never evident in the past.
We really have become two competing tribes, even if most cultural Protestants aren't quite aware of it, they [RC's] certainly are.

Previous links between the GB and Feyenoord’s S.C.F with some of them visiting Parkhead over the years. There were quite of them in the away end at Ibrox on Thursday with a known Celtic YouTuber videoing it within the Sandy Jardine West Corner.

Eh.....no.

I was only a small kid back then and I certainly didn't want them to win anything.

God only knows what the more "stalwart" members of the bus thought.

I was ten, so I’m not far different from you OP and I would want them to win an under 9 game, but the generation above us ?

There are a few examples on here confirming it.

Thanks VB.

I think 2012 & them trying to kill our club, for us only to come back finally competing again has really fucked them up.

He attended the game with Arthur Boruc and gave him the megaphone, as seen in the press, Maguire was also behind the trouble last season against Osijek when 2 Croat fans were allegedly stabbed. there was a big thread of FF regarding that.
1. Maguire wasn’t at Ibrox when we played Legia so please stop making a total arse of yourself with that.

2. He wasn’t behind any trouble when we played Osijek, he put up tweets as a wind up that the Osijek fans were in the Tall cranes pub that morning drinking and majority took it hook line and sinker. Osijek fans came from town and along the bottom of the PR before the ICF gave them a slap.

1. Maguire wasn’t at Ibrox when we played Legia so please stop making a total arse of yourself with that.

2. He wasn’t behind any trouble when we played Osijek, he put up tweets as a wind up that the Osijek fans were in the Tall cranes pub that morning drinking and majority took it hook line and sinker. Osijek fans came from town and along the bottom of the PR before the ICF gave them a slap.
Accurate

I must agree i was always papped down to the East enclosure next to the t unnel, any where else it was hard hat territory, on odd occasions we would go too the Broomloan, i was in there when we were put out by Cologne, i dont remember Away fans in any numbers from Europe, but i remember battles in the broomloan , i think the IRA murder campaign, took the Hatred to a newer level

Things we’re so much different then Buster. I was born in 62 but I remember being told that many bears were supporting them in Lisbon & many of them were supporting us in Barcelona.

From what I can recall in the early days of European football some Rangers supporters would go to Parkhead and some of the jungle jims would come to Ibrox if one of the bigger Euro teams were the visitors. There were two reasons for that. The level of hatred was less than at present and all the games were not televised live. I don’t know about any bears going to Lisbon but amongst the large number of us who went to Barcelona, I never saw or heard of any Celtic supporters being there. Mind you, it is not uncommon for died in the wool Celtic supporters travelling overseas with Rangers now. They are representatives of the Scottish media.

From what I can recall in the early days of European football some Rangers supporters would go to Parkhead and some of the jungle jims would come to Ibrox if one of the bigger Euro teams were the visitors. There were two reasons for that. The level of hatred was less than at present and all the games were not televised live. I don’t know about any bears going to Lisbon but amongst the large number of us who went to Barcelona, I never saw or heard of any Celtic supporters being there. Mind you, it is not uncommon for died in the wool Celtic supporters travelling overseas with Rangers now. They are representatives of the Scottish media.

Sorry if my comment was misleading Tomted. I was at Barcelona at 10yo, but I don’t mean that any of their fans were there, or ours at Lisbon. I just mean that some bears were happy to see them win in Lisbon & vice versa with us in Barca.

And the official media !

We should be posting photos of this tit McGuire or whatever his name is.
If he is that big a trouble maker then it needs stamped on.
At some point he will cross paths with a Mental Ray or Colin Mackenzie and they will kick %^*& out of him.
He’s just a twitter mouth piece tbh

Forgive me for asking but why, if the UVF is / should be a banned organisation, why would the IRA be allowed to march, even by proxy, by another organisation ?

You are saying some guy fae govan was in charge of the megaphone in the Legia Warsaw end, 1 of the most organised and structured ultra group in Europe??

Grigor,I see you were born in 62,same as me. I'd imagine our memories are much the same. I don't think I ever wanted celtic to win,but in a way we didn't mind too much as it was always good for scottish teams to be doing well and I always wanted the other teams to win. Nowadays that is well out the window and as another poster said, a lot of that is down to politics. I'm afraid the snp have a lot to answer for the way they've contributed to badly dividing this country.it has been the most unscottish thing that's ever happened. They should be ashamed of themselves for the damage they are doing.

Grigor,I see you were born in 62,same as me. I'd imagine our memories are much the same. I don't think I ever wanted celtic to win,but in a way we didn't mind too much as it was always good for scottish teams to be doing well and I always wanted the other teams to win. Nowadays that is well out the window and as another poster said, a lot of that is down to politics. I'm afraid the snp have a lot to answer for the way they've contributed to badly dividing this country.it has been the most unscottish thing that's ever happened. They should be ashamed of themselves for the damage they are doing.

Exactly Renfrew.

I must say even then I wanted them beaten all the time but more generally people cared a bit more about the country overall.

I even am happy that teams like Aberdeen get beaten in Europe never mind the tims nowadays just because of the way the SNP, as you say, and the media & football authorities have treated our club.

Ma dad was 13 when Celtic won the european cup and he has always said it was like a death in the family that night.

Ma dad was 13 when Celtic won the european cup and he has always said it was like a death in the family that night.

See that’s where my family were Teddy, yet I’ve heard others say that the whole country supported them, but then they rammed it up people so much that it changed.

I don’t remember. I was 5.

Back