Celtic share price falling

You wonder if possibly someone is taking out a short position on the shares in advance of possible large claims and therefore hits to the bottom line. Desmond could step up with cash but not sure how that works with a plc and share placing / rights issues. Would possibly dilute other shareholders holdings.

The media base this on the accounts ending June 19, just like the article above. Does not take into account they spent the guts of £20M just after that.

I just had a wee look at their Balance Sheet there.

They had 25.6m of deferred income at end June, which is mainly season ticket money that relates to 2019/2020. There’s probably a bit of sponsors payments too.

This is spread through the profitability over the year but in cash terms it was received before the year, like us too.

My point is that although at their 30 June year end the cash looks great, if you go to say March or April the 28.6m Cash Net of Bank Borrowings could easily be in single figures in millions.

Not as dramatically rich as it seems. Once child abuse payments & legal fees start to flow it could be interesting.

So we now have a thread watching their daily share price?

The stock market rises and falls all the time ffs.

And we call them obsessed?

I'm so glad that we have so many like you in our support to keep the rest of us lesser fans in line.

And thanks admin for allowing the staunch police to enter every single thread for the sole purpose of making snidey remarks about fellow posters and 'moderating' content as they see fit, undermining your role. It's not ruining this forum at all and there's so many of us would have become rabid tattiers long ago without being kept in check at every single opportunity and in every single conversation, without the monotonous drones of reminders about what is not acceptable to speak about. Some of us just forget the 'rules' and wander into free thought now and again. We are weak and it's for our own good I'm sure and I for one and no doubt the countless other people who don't post anymore because of it, are eternally grateful that no restrictions have been put in place to those whose primary concern is the shutting down of debate while simultaneously trying to force our heads in the sand beside theirs. It's not tedious at all.

In all seriousness, how long before I get banned if I replied to every one of these posts with the exact same message? How about 'Ostrich R Us' for those wanting us to ignore everything said about us in the media, as well as their passive aggressive cousins, the 'I'm offended/raging' mob. And how about 'This message was brought to you by the Rangers Communist Party' to everyone telling us we're as obsessed as them for even mentioning their name? And what would happen if others joined in? Do people need to start sabotaging the forum, in the same way as those already doing so now, before something gets done? Or is it me that will get banned for even asking the question? TBH at this point, the way the site is now, I don't even care.

Problem with this and the point of this thread in the beginning was because Celtics share price has been stable for the last year and then suddenly dropped off the face of a cliff, hence the thread wondering whats happened.

And just in keeping with the thread they finished down today after opening high. :) back at 137.

When we win the league this year I think they'll die. Only problem is the SFA and every club, law, judge, bank, politician etc will do everything they can to help bail them out. If you look at the club's honours they have trophies won before the 90s from the old Celtic from before 1994, despite them going bust and the new club was automatically allowed to take the old Celtic's place in the league. I don't think it matters much because I can't see anyone taking the title from us for a long, long time. We are already so far ahead of them in every way.

I'm so glad that we have so many like you in our support to keep the rest of us lesser fans in line.

And thanks admin for allowing the staunch police to enter every single thread for the sole purpose of making snidey remarks about fellow posters and 'moderating' content as they see fit, undermining your role. It's not ruining this forum at all and there's so many of us would have become rabid tattiers long ago without being kept in check at every single opportunity and in every single conversation, without the monotonous drones of reminders about what is not acceptable to speak about. Some of us just forget the 'rules' and wander into free thought now and again. We are weak and it's for our own good I'm sure and I for one and no doubt the countless other people who don't post anymore because of it, are eternally grateful that no restrictions have been put in place to those whose primary concern is the shutting down of debate while simultaneously trying to force our heads in the sand beside theirs. It's not tedious at all.

In all seriousness, how long before I get banned if I replied to every one of these posts with the exact same message? How about 'Ostrich R Us' for those wanting us to ignore everything said about us in the media, as well as their passive aggressive cousins, the 'I'm offended/raging' mob. And how about 'This message was brought to you by the Rangers Communist Party' to everyone telling us we're as obsessed as them for even mentioning their name? And what would happen if others joined in? Do people need to start sabotaging the forum, in the same way as those already doing so now, before something gets done? Or is it me that will get banned for even asking the question? TBH at this point, the way the site is now, I don't even care.

I just had a wee look at their Balance Sheet there.

They had 25.6m of deferred income at end June, which is mainly season ticket money that relates to 2019/2020. There’s probably a bit of sponsors payments too.

This is spread through the profitability over the year but in cash terms it was received before the year, like us too.

My point is that although at their 30 June year end the cash looks great, if you go to say March or April the 28.6m Cash Net of Bank Borrowings could easily be in single figures in millions.

Not as dramatically rich as it seems. Once child abuse payments & legal fees start to flow it could be interesting.
I want them buried.

Considering we still have teams like St Mirren fans saying we aren't that good and have compliant refs on our side...I'd say the vast majority of deflection works well on a fair amount of the public unfortunately

I think this is because there are haters, obviously, but there's also those who put the boot in to us because they can do so with impunity - fans of other clubs and journos alike.

I would love to see them dead and buried it would not bother me in the slightest if we never played Celtic again, after all how many times have they changed their name, because thats what would happen, at least, the filth would hop on the train and infest Leith walk instead,

You wonder if possibly someone is taking out a short position on the shares in advance of possible large claims and therefore hits to the bottom line. Desmond could step up with cash but not sure how that works with a plc and share placing / rights issues. Would possibly dilute other shareholders holdings.

You just wonder how long Desmond will hold the power strings if the shit hits the fan, I suppose Willie Haughey would jump in

a stinking vile club who are peado terriost loving bastards why anybody would want to play for them bemuses me why anybody buys shares from them a don't get why anybody would support them shows how much of a scumbag support they have that club from top to bottom are rotten to the core

So they aren’t going to the wall soon reading thro the lines.

Part of me really sad at that news..... part happy that before they eventually hit skid row we owe them a right few doings.

Tom & Jerry wouldn't be much of a cartoon if Tom just bit Jerry's head off, would it?

We need a rival and as detestable as they are, they're it.

we played 4 seasons without them and didn't miss them at all, in fact it was the one blessed relief to be away from their negativity and concentrate on the club and football. They would miss us a whole lot more then we would miss them!

Back