Celtic share price falling

Anyone else thinks this will affect them really badly? I know there are far more important things happening in the world. I'm just looking at other areas outside the most important that I have been preoccupied with. It is really depressing and frightening regarding how this virus is affecting the economy. Anyway, this financial slump looks as if they are in big trouble. See the graph.

Anyone else thinks this will affect them really badly? I know there are far more important things happening in the world. I'm just looking at other areas outside the most important that I have been preoccupied with. It is really depressing and frightening regarding how this virus is affecting the economy. Anyway, this financial slump looks as if they are in big trouble. See the graph.

Would need to see it fall a bit further before getting excited, but its certainly a trend that I would like to see continue.

unfortunately for us they have a good amount of cash in the bank (£30m i think) this will be the ordinary investors getting out the stock market to secure their cash and store it in their bank accounts out with the volatility of the stock market. you will find in most cases that these drops in value are opportunities for the existing shareholders. Man United's owners/shareholders are currently buying back shares at a reduced rate, therefore when everything comes back to normal they have 1000s more shares, bought at a massive discount that can be sold on for huge profit.

i would love for someone trouble maker billionaire to buy up their shares and cause havoc with them but i doubt it

To be fair to the filth, most shares are in free fall.
I get employee shares through my work(firstgroup)

£1.34 a few weeks ago. Currently 29 fucking pence.
depending on how stable the business is and if it's not in too much debt, now is a good time to buy more and level out your cost per share and hopefully sell when they get to 70 odd pence if you want out.

unfortunately for us they have a good amount of cash in the bank (£30m i think) this will be the ordinary investors getting out the stock market to secure their cash and store it in their bank accounts out with the volatility of the stock market. you will find in most cases that these drops in value are opportunities for the existing shareholders. Man United's owners/shareholders are currently buying back shares at a reduced rate, therefore when everything comes back to normal they have 1000s more shares, bought at a massive discount that can be sold on for huge profit.

i would love for someone trouble maker billionaire to buy up their shares and cause havoc with them but i doubt it

thats the point no one is actually buying their shares. Their trade are low. Seems their is no faith in the company holding its value and no one wants to buy. These court cases looming could finish them.

Poor Nick Train buying at £1.70 a share taking on 18% of CCP @ a cost of near £28m. That investment sitting at a loss of near £12m. Wonder if it was him that managed to dispose of a few million last month.

They may hold on hoping for an upturn. Cant see it under the current climate.

Last edited:
A non critical business seeing a 100% drop in revenue with no visibility on when it will start trading again - high fixed overheads.

Every team in the world will be worth zero eventually.

I dont understand why anyone would hold onto these with all that could come their way regarding CSA.
Same with their sponsors.

now 50% less than they were last year. What is the likely outcome? will they bottom out or will they fold?

trading at 85p were £1.70

n

every share in the world is down a minimum of 50% right now. it means, literally, nothing.

It means a lot to anyone who has a private pension and plans to retire any time soon.

Their pot will potentially have taken a massive hit, depending on how it was invested by their pension supplier.

If he sells they are a different issue, especially in the medium term LTD. I’ll be really surprised if Edouard doesn’t go in Summer.
i'm struggling to see when the "summer" will be. this epidemic is going to have a massive knock on effect up the food chain in fooball, for example our transfer kitty is being eaten away at the longer the delay goes on here and we can't issue season tickets

nope, it makes no difference, if there's cash in their bank account (unstaunch to point it out - but there is a lot of it) then they will survive. share price is irrelevant.

The only possible relevance short term may be a hostile takeover, or Desmond wanting out, which is probably a better way to put it as he is majority shareholder.

nope, it makes no difference, if there's cash in their bank account (unstaunch to point it out - but there is a lot of it) then they will survive. share price is irrelevant.

Think you are correct they do indeed have funds in the Bank. However do they not also have a fairly high level of short term liabilities, payable within 12 months. I’ve never looked closely at there accounts but am perhaps a bit surprised that given all that is going on that there is not a note to the accounts about a potential contingent liability and wonder how the auditors square this off.

The correlation between share price and business performance/liquidity is very real but perhaps less less important in football clubs where share ownership is more a matter of the heart than the head for most fans.

Think you are correct they do indeed have funds in the Bank. However do they not also have a fairly high level of short term liabilities, payable within 12 months. I’ve never looked closely at there accounts but am perhaps a bit surprised that given all that is going on that there is not a note to the accounts about a potential contingent liability and wonder how the auditors square this off.

The correlation between share price and business performance/liquidity is very real but perhaps less less important in football clubs where share ownership is more a matter of the heart than the head for most fans.

The funds at bank were quoted @ 30-06-2019 £21,222,000 ( that money sees them through 9 weeks after their revenue streams are exhausted.

Effectively the £21,222,000 reserve is their season ticket monies collected up until the end of June reporting periods 2017/18 & 2018/19).

At the same time they have £16,885,000 in liabilities (non-current), which I’d down £7.7m from 2018/19 ( maybe the money from Leicester for Rodgers).

Last edited:
They have a huge wage bill
They have a huge liability for child abuse
They have a stadium that requires serious attention
They have the Co-Op debt

I am not sure just how robust a financial position they actually are in.

The transfer market will be dead - they can't flog Ajer or whoever.

They have the Co-Op debt

Smoke and mirrors.

There's a tweet doing the rounds that their laundry bill has a delayed payment on it. Came from a tim apparently

Smoke and mirrors.

There's a tweet doing the rounds that their laundry bill has a delayed payment on it. Came from a tim apparently
That tweet was on Kerrydale Meltdown.

It was implying that it’s us that couldn’t pay the laundry bill...admin 2 on the way.

heres the original tweet which I saw

Celtic have apparently asked the company who deals with their laundry to wait for payments owed due to financial difficulties, got from a good source who works at the club. A tim btw who was embarrassed by the phone call...you couldn't make this up.

heres the original tweet which I saw

Celtic have apparently asked the company who deals with their laundry to wait for payments owed due to financial difficulties, got from a good source who works at the club. A tim btw who was embarrassed by the phone call...you couldn't make this up.

it’s a pisstake, the original tweet was saying the same thing about us.

They have the Co-Op debt

Spot on Sir! They’re fu(ked! We’re in a much stronger position.
Much lower wage bill
No court cases looming (that will cripple them)
We have an iconic listed stadium that’s we own and is paid for.
No debt.
WATP

Spot on Sir! They’re fu(ked! We’re in a much stronger position.
Much lower wage bill
No court cases looming (that will cripple them)
We have an iconic listed stadium that’s we own and is paid for.
No debt.
WATP
They area were they may be stronger is cash flow we are more reliant on this than they are but everything in the above tweet is also true

Back