Celtic share price falling

Ronseal.

Celtic shares down 2.5% today!

Something afoot or just a normal day of trading?

Whats the opinion of the Financial minded bears?
It could be sinister.
It could be bad news for them.

An old shareholder might have passed away and his family have wanted the cash and sold at the price they could get.
Or someone could have run into financial trouble and needed the dough.

Someone mentioned the price fluctuates between 1.60 and 1.65, that is a bigger swing than 2.5% so I wouldn't get too carried away just yet.

Granted that swing might normally take longer than one day so there could be more to come.

Edit: I hadn't seen the posts from today detailing a further slide

Another £5m drop in an hour.

on friday celtic shares were listed £1.65

At this time they are £1.40

thats a drop of 25p per share

Market Cap from friday to today is -£23,500,000

If there is news in a day or two that affects the share price then those people selling must be 'in the know' about something. That then opens the door for all sorts of trouble.

If there is news in a day or two that affects the share price then those people selling must be 'in the know' about something. That then opens the door for all sorts of trouble.

the sun ran a story in august 2018 saying celtic was worth £209 million, as of right now they are worth £135m (hargreaves lansdown). Thats a drop of near £75m surely this should make public news. Or is to sweep sweep.

Something is causing the drop in the share value

Wonder if its due to Rangers pushing them for the title?

Dave King did say one league title win for us and the stack of cards would crumble down Parkpaed Way

So how come it didn't fall when we were actually in a better position to challenge them this time last year??

Something bigger is clearly afoot here and is about to start hitting the fans.

We weren't in a better position this time last year really, they had the game in hand although I hope you're correct.

My point stands - the shares haven't suddenly fallen off a cliff because we are challenging them (again) for the title.

I would put a lot of money on this being something to do with their failure to address the supposed paedophile ring that was clearly operating under their watch starting to come home to roost.

My point stands - the shares haven't suddenly fallen off a cliff because we are challenging them (again) for the title.

I would put a lot of money on this being something to do with their failure to address the supposed paedophile ring that was clearly operating under their watch starting to come home to roost.

If only....

It's high time justice was served but I seriously doubt it. Hope I am wrong.

can you explain this to use ignorant sods, have they done something illegal?

You are not allowed to benefit from knowledge that the general public does not have.

e.g. If you know that your company is about to have an event that will drive the price down you are legally prevented from flogging your shares and getting an advantage financially

You are not allowed to benefit from knowledge that the general public does not have.

e.g. If you know that your company is about to have an event that will drive the price down you are legally prevented from flogging your shares and getting an advantage financially

thanks pal.

Now into the arena where folk with no previous interest will take interest in what the Celtic entity has been up to and is potentially liable for.

The likes of Lindsell Train that hold them and even bigged them up, dumping would be a big issue for them.

More and more looks like there is a sizeable seller out in the wings but no buyers at the current prices. The market-makers will be trying to find a price at which there are enough buyers to cover any pending sale. The number of shares traded so far today is less than 10,000, which is negligible, but the market-makers will know if there are sales in the pipeline.

Perhaps Griffiths thinks they'll be sh*t without him! :)

What's interesting is that the share drop is happening despite any high value trades. I wonder if the market has got wind of someone trying to offload large volumes?

As a genuine student of the subject.

1. Markets -like bookies ( and Jock) always know something.
2. Markets behaviour is based on confidence.

The markets know something is afoot, and they are getting nervous.

Back