Celtic share price falling

Don't see anything unusual at this point. The drop is most likely due to what we all know. They rely on Europe and player sales to make a profit. That is now under threat so the inflated price they achieved with no competition is normalising. Would expect to see it continue to fall until it hits more historic levels pre 2008.

You could call it the Gerrard affect

I am not clued up at all, but why the sudden drop if that was the case? Would it not be more gradual?

I just googled 20% drop in a week and look who pops up

Neil Woodford, a couple months before suspended entirely for dodgy practice

Last edited:
Neil Woodford 20% in a week
Celtic PLC 20% in a week

Not a peep from our compliant mhedia

I suppose the question is that has there genuinely been 30 million wiped of their value in a week?
I don’t understand how it works but I do know that 30 million is a lot of money especially for a football team in Scotland.

which then leads to the question - why is know one asking questions

I just had a 15 minute look at their 2018-19 accounts.

They made 11.3m profit HOWEVER :

8.8m made from Leicester for the anointed one.
17.7m made from players, so basically Dembele & Sviatchenko sales less a wee bit for current player contract writes off.

SO THAT’S 15M LOSS ON ONGOING BUSINESS IF YOU NET THEM OFF, and that’s with an EL run.

DESPITE THAT, I still think the paedo implications are now starting to impact, especially with the forthcoming documentary & the impact that will have.;)

They have set their finances so that the only way they make a profit is through champions league qualification or failing that selling players
But they won’t turn a profit on every player and without champions league football players are untested against the best in Europe so won’t command a high fee.
No one will report on the state of their high wages for average players or the bonuses the guys at the top take. They think they are cash rich but if we win the league this year and there’s no champions league again next year they sell more of their top players and have to find similar players to maintain their standard at a lower price which isn’t realistic so they will be in free fall.

Their problem is they have peaked and rather than try to progress and build a stronger team to continue to make the champions league they were happy to be ahead of “sevco” and continually looked back instead of forward. It’s like a race, keep your eye on the prize and forget about who is behind you. Their obsession will kill them

Us there any evidence of companies values dropping so much in a short time without any tangible reason?

Normally this size of drop follows bad financial results, or other bad news for shareholders of a company. There has nothing unusual reported at all about Celtics finances.

The fact is every Celtic fan who owns shares has lost roughly 20% of their worth in a few days. There may be some major shareholders getting worried.

Douglas Fraser, the man who writes an article on Dave King every time he buys a bounty but not to be seen. Prick & a half. And then some.
I said that last night Grigo, theve all fucked off to read a few books on stocks and shares to find out how it all really works to spin some positive story about how this is really good, and it’s not our fault it’s going down, it’s Cos ra rainjurs ur gawn burst.

I suppose the question is that has there genuinely been 30 million wiped of their value in a week?
I don’t understand how it works but I do know that 30 million is a lot of money especially for a football team in Scotland.

which then leads to the question - why is know one asking questions

It’s the investors -wishing to sell- who lose the money, not the club.

sadly

I said that last night Grigo, theve all fucked off to read a few books on stocks and shares to find out how it all really works to spin some positive story about how this is really good, and it’s not our fault it’s going down, it’s Cos ra rainjurs ur gawn burst.

Hate that Fraser guy Paulski.

Let’s hope we enjoy their pain in the months ahead.

55 and the paedo enablers having to apologise with major payouts. That’ll be a lovely wee double:D

Unfortunately, it looks more like a market correction than anything really damaging. Unless of course, there is something truly nasty bubbling away in the background of which Holicom is fully aware and has the lid firmly clamped down.

One lives in hope however that it is the second rather than the first.

They have set their finances so that the only way they make a profit is through champions league qualification or failing that selling players
But they won’t turn a profit on every player and without champions league football players are untested against the best in Europe so won’t command a high fee.
No one will report on the state of their high wages for average players or the bonuses the guys at the top take. They think they are cash rich but if we win the league this year and there’s no champions league again next year they sell more of their top players and have to find similar players to maintain their standard at a lower price which isn’t realistic so they will be in free fall.

Their problem is they have peaked and rather than try to progress and build a stronger team to continue to make the champions league they were happy to be ahead of “sevco” and continually looked back instead of forward. It’s like a race, keep your eye on the prize and forget about who is behind you. Their obsession will kill them

Well said GD. The House of Cards:p

It’s the investors -wishing to sell- who lose the money, not the club.

sadly

If your value (Market Cap) goes down significantly then the cost of new borrowings goes up or if the current lenders get jittery and agreed financial covenants are breached they may call in loans or impose severe conditions. (I don't think it is anywhere near this)

So the Club are very interested in maintaining a higher share price.

Hope Agent P And other prominent bears on twitter are passing the message out that it’s payments for paedophile protection. Maybe then it’ll be talked about;)
It would be just lovely if the rumours started to spread that the bills are starting to come in from the justice brigade. These boys are going in to serve it ice cold and hopefully with a lot of fucking pain.
If it is true that’s the case, there’s a lot of very frightened people out there just now, and their all rattling away wondering how to put a a positive spin on it.
Wonder if our old buddy phil will even talk about his own beloved team for once?

It would be just lovely if the rumours started to spread that the bills are starting to come in from the justice brigade. These boys are going in to serve it ice cold and hopefully with a lot of fucking pain.
If it is true that’s the case, there’s a lot of very frightened people out there just now, and their all rattling away wondering how to put a a positive spin on it.
Wonder if our old buddy phil will even talk about his own beloved team for once?

Funny.

But remember that the Digby Brown Supported person got a six figure sum mate, so the breakthrough has happened;)

Funny.

But remember that the Digby Brown Supported person got a six figure sum mate, so the breakthrough has happened;)
It’s all coming together very nicely I reckon.
Just a wee side note on the very ill plastic over in “dunigul” he’s not saying too much. Actually he’s taking about his new walking boots. Must not be much happening at rangers and shitstorms brewing over at the stade de secrets...

I am not clued up at all, but why the sudden drop if that was the case? Would it not be more gradual?

If this was the reason - and there are many other possibilities including it being nothing much unfortunately - then it could just be that we do look much more serious this year. Up until now we have had many false dawns and, even with the good Christmas results last year, our recovery felt fragile. We have built on it and progressed. Though we lost 2/3 of the old firm games, the first was clearly a tactical error and we should have won the second. We have been streets ahead of them in the last 2 games and have found the knack of winning ugly when we need to. Our progress is real and not a fluke last year. We have already caught them and, even if we don’t win this year, it is inevitable that we will win it soon and then, all else being equal, the league will oscillate between the 2 of us from then on. Guaranteed champion’s league earnings are gone for them. Guaranteed european earnings at all are less likely if they need to go through a challenging qualification route. And, without the guaranteed european shop window, player valuations should normalise. Investing in them is very clearly now a lot riskier.

And surely no one invests in a mature football club to make money anyway? They are bought for vanity or sentimental reasons, not as a true market investment.

I think it is unusable because a large amount of shares (compared to the usual amount but in reality the amount is very small) has hit the market. There is no real demand for their shares as it’s not something anyone would buy as sensible investment. So the price has dropped.
Any major investor cashing out would do so through a private deal.

What it does tend to indicate is they have ‘maxed out’. There is no further growth whilst trapped in SPFL and no guarantee of CL revenues. Their only progression is to get to latter stage in CL or continue to buy low and sell high in transfers. Other commercial activity to expand their brand is probably dependant on CL. They’ve hit a ceiling but the Europa Conference League or whatever it’s called will soon get the benefits of their £2.5m disco
lights so they might not be a great investment but they will make a nice light show in a half empty stadium.

Time/date of executionPriceCurrencyVolumeTrade value*Trade typeTrade flagsMIC
16:15:57 17-Jan-2020132.50GBX4,4465,890.95CancelledCANCAIMX
16:15:57 17-Jan-2020132.50GBX4,4465,890.95Off-bookAIMX
15:10:23 17-Jan-2020132.50GBX747989.77Off-bookAIMX
15:08:39 17-Jan-2020135.00GBX500675.00Off-bookAIMX
14:05:33 17-Jan-2020130.00GBX80104.00Off-bookAIMX

That last trade someone dumped 500k quid worth of stock.

It’s all coming together very nicely I reckon.
Just a wee side note on the very ill plastic over in “dunigul” he’s not saying too much. Actually he’s taking about his new walking boots. Must not be much happening at rangers and shitstorms brewing over at the stade de secrets...

Funny.

He’ll be crawling soon. They boots might be another bad investment by one of that cult;)

If this was the reason - and there are many other possibilities including it being nothing much unfortunately - then it could just be that we do look much more serious this year. Up until now we have had many false dawns and, even with the good Christmas results last year, our recovery felt fragile. We have built on it and progressed. Though we lost 2/3 of the old firm games, the first was clearly a tactical error and we should have won the second. We have been streets ahead of them in the last 2 games and have found the knack of winning ugly when we need to. Our progress is real and not a fluke last year. We have already caught them and, even if we don’t win this year, it is inevitable that we will win it soon and then, all else being equal, the league will oscillate between the 2 of us from then on. Guaranteed champion’s league earnings are gone for them. Guaranteed european earnings at all are less likely if they need to go through a challenging qualification route. And, without the guaranteed european shop window, player valuations should normalise. Investing in them is very clearly now a lot riskier.

And surely no one invests in a mature football club to make money anyway? They are bought for vanity or sentimental reasons, not as a true market investment.
The Bunnet took them for millions.

Its better than having a 3 thousand page dedicated to them like they do with us
His user name is Greek for death. I'll leave it for others to decide what it's supposed to mean but putting that together with his messages on here, leakage all over the place. I know what it looks like to me.

Don't see anything unusual at this point. The drop is most likely due to what we all know. They rely on Europe and player sales to make a profit. That is now under threat so the inflated price they achieved with no competition is normalising. Would expect to see it continue to fall until it hits more historic levels pre 2008.

You could call it the Gerrard affect
Or end of the Asterisk Years.

They spent unprecedented amounts of money to buy unprecedented domestic success. But that’s clearly coming to an end now.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. After what we’ve just been through, they can have all the domestic success they want, except 10iar. Anything but 10iar.

Back