"Celtic shouldn't have to play European qualifiers"

Don’t pay much attention to the scum however that back 5 is woeful

They can be got at

Brown will be another yard slower this year

Nothing to fear

Were they playing last night? Wow. Glad to know that's the first I've heard of their match. Two fucks I could not give.

That article reads as if a child had visited his first match and reported back to the teacher what he had been up to in his summer holidays....

rank amateur "journalist"

I like the fact he's suggesting that they shouldn't just be elevated up through the competition despite this being exactly what is being said.

Celtic, a team that love to win without having to win or playing if possible.

Teams play friendlies during the close season so I don't think they should complain about playing these qualifiers. Prove yourself a good European team and you would play less qualifiers. Scots teams regularly disappoint in Europe.

I am gobsmacked by the overreaction to their result last night, the tean they played are pish and they should have been beating them by 4 or 5

We wouldn't have to if teams had the slightest inclination of improving the games standing in Scotland and improved enough to shift us up the rankings. Instead we have teams getting mugged by pub teams from Wales (and us against Progres) but at least we quickly rectified that. The rest, not so much. We can whinge about it all we like but it's never going to change anything. Not a hope in hell we're changing the system in place to suit Scottish teams. We could focus on getting better as a footballing nation. But it feels like that's never going to change either.

They shouldn't, if you win the league you should get an automatic place.

So if you’re the champions of, say, San Marino you should get an automatic place in the group stage?

I’m sure you wouldn’t argue that. Therefore, there has to be a cut off point.

How about - the top x number of national champions get in automatically, whilst the remaining number of national champions have anything from one to four qualifying ties to negotiate. And how about we determine what nations’ champions get the automatic spots by having a co-efficient system for the national leagues.

Well hey presto, this is exactly the system we have now. And Scotland does not have a divine right to always be one of the nations whose champions waltz straight in to the group stage. We have such a lowly co-efficient due to the poor performance of our clubs, including ourselves.

If Celtic don’t qualify for the group stage then they can save their tears - if you don’t make it you don’t deserve to be there. Same with us with the Europa League.

You either win or lose in sport. If another team are better than you and knock you out then too bad.

Teams play friendlies during the close season so I don't think they should complain about playing these qualifiers. Prove yourself a good European team and you would play less qualifiers. Scots teams regularly disappoint in Europe.
Russians teams aren't that great and they get 3 CL spots, 2 of which are group spots, the system is created to prop-up the rich, powerful leagues. If we took one of the top country's spots, they would change the system

Based on a victory over a team who's ground holds just over 600 and looks like a Scottish Junior teams venue?
Celtic have proved season after season they are no where near CL standard. They get rag dolled by the big boys time and time again.
I know its tough guys but FFS keep it real.
Moronic brain dead mentally challenged media.

Even though he didn't play, last nights game added a further £10m to the most wanted left back in histories price tag, according the lickspittles in the SMSM.

I agree that at this stage it is embarrassing.

However, years if no coefficient points by a huge team because we got sent to the lowest league will do that for Scotland.

Enjoy you bastards.

The person is 100% correct. Neither them nor us should be playing against this level of opposition.

We should only play one qualifier in my opinion.

No champions should have to play qualifiers as much as that pains me to say. Cup and league runners up should. champions shouldnt.

Back