Celtic skip the headlines again.

I agree, and if there is a case proven against us, we apologise and compensate, and the others must follow.
I'm not sure if I'm way off track here, but, would offering an apology and compensation to these victims not label us as the "old co" and as such make us liable for all the tax owed to the tally man. I'm just trying to gauge the thoughts of the legal team at Ibrox. Of course the victims should come first in every case.

I'm not sure if I'm way off track here, but, would offering an apology and compensation to these victims not label us as the "old co" and as such make us liable for all the tax owed to the tally man. I'm just trying to gauge the thoughts of the legal team at Ibrox. Of course the victims should come first in every case.
What victim's? All I'm seeing is rumours of them.
We need to stop going on about "victims" until something concrete actually turns up that can be investigated.
All this talk is just designed to muddy the waters and try and have some of the mud stick to others.

This guy talks about everything except the goings on at cfc , another mouthpiece having a wee dig at Rangers but is oblivious to the horrors the celtc Boy’s Club players suffered at the hands of their coaches . He sees , hears and speaks about evil doings everywhere and anywhere EXCEPT the paedodome or Satan’s man cave as it should be called .

Which goes to show that their fans are as culpable of sweeping this under the carpet as the club is.

Is it true Rangers found out Neely, sacked him and reported him to the police but they never followed it up?

I wouldn’t be surprised if clubs who unknowingly employed a paedo coach who had been removed their previous club will end up suing the club where the original offences took place as they placed the children in harms way by not disclosing information.

Yeah, good point. The Hibs-Neely-Rangers scenario being a prime example.

Is it true Rangers found out Neely, sacked him and reported him to the police but they never followed it up?

What’s to follow up? The kids father - a Policeman - came to Rangers and said his son had been verbally abused. Neely was sacked and Rangers handed the case over to the Police. It’s wholly different from the physical abuse cases reported elsewhere.

Could Rangers, or the Police, have started digging deeper at that point? Quite possibly. On the back of verbal abuse though, and with no further reports from other kids that we are aware of? The Police didn’t even see fit to pursue charges.

This guy talks about everything except the goings on at cfc , another mouthpiece having a wee dig at Rangers but is oblivious to the horrors the celtc Boy’s Club players suffered at the hands of their coaches . He sees , hears and speaks about evil doings everywhere and anywhere EXCEPT the paedodome or Satan’s man cave as it should be called .

His following list tells you everything.

If we have a full independent inquiry then I'd be behind it all the way,

Celtic wouldnt want it as alot of hall of Famers would be dragged over the coals including tam burns, liam Brady & paul Mcstay.

This inst a wild guess this is fact and comes from one of my work colleagues who was a witness against cairney but was never needed as the evidence against him was so extensive.

Evidence that included a suicide note that detailed what went on for years

I have to disagree. This would simply detract from the full criminal inquiry needed into Celtic Football Club. There should also be a criminal inquiry into Hibs who knew about Neely but let him loose on other clubs including Rangers. The only question Rangers have to answer is what action we took following discovery that Neely was a predator.

This public inquiry for all football the Celtic fans want is a smoke screen to hide and dilute the actions or inactions of Celtic in allegedly fostering a cover up. 6 Celtic men have been convicted of abuse of dozens of victims. The men knew each other and were connected to the club at the highest levels. There is no need for a full public inquiry into what actions Rangers took following the exposure of Neely.

Marcelo Maga,he’s been doing anti Rangers stories for years.
His Facebook profile was on here a few years ago,a fan of Separate Entity Fc.
This isn’t a real name though, surely? He sounds like an evil villain from Lazytown and should be partnered with Robbie Rotten.
A farcical name, from a farcical ‘journo’ in a farcical publication.

What’s to follow up? The kids father - a Policeman - came to Rangers and said his son had been verbally abused. Neely was sacked and Rangers handed the case over to the Police. It’s wholly different from the physical abuse cases reported elsewhere.

Could Rangers, or the Police, have started digging deeper at that point? Quite possibly. On the back of verbal abuse though, and with no further reports from other kids that we are aware of? The Police didn’t even see fit to pursue charges.

Our difficulty is that when BBC investigation into events asked police about the matter the police denied all knowledge of a report been made. They could not therefore "pursue charges". Either police or our club are not being truthful.
The other point the scum make is that neither Walter nor Souness have made any statement on the issue.

Our difficulty is that when BBC investigation into events asked police about the matter the police denied all knowledge of a report been made. They could not therefore "pursue charges". Either police or our club are not being truthful.
The other point the scum make is that neither Walter nor Souness have made any statement on the issue.

Not quite. They didn't say a report 'hadn't been made' they simply said 'they couldn't find a report'. There is a huge difference, especially given the question was asked decades after the report was made. Do they still hold reports for other Police investigations of that nature around the same time would have been the obvious question to ask. Did the BBC ask it? It would appear not - or they aren't sharing the answer.

I'm not sure either of Souness or Smith would comment on a case of a Youth Coach verbally abusing a kid some 30 years after the event. Don't make the mistake of comparing this event with what went on across the city. They are at entirely opposite ends of the spectrum. There's other stuff on Neely, it seems, but not stuff that the Club was aware of at the time.

1. The police are losing all sorts of evidence and reports, especially where it concerns rapoops, oddly, to this very fucking day. The fact that they can't find reports of an incident 30 odd years ago is hardly surprising.

2. The tramps have so many convicted nonces to be concerned about currently, that I'm amazed that they have time to wonder what our management team of the time think about anything.

Not quite. They didn't say a report 'hadn't been made' they simply said 'they couldn't find a report'. There is a huge difference, especially given the question was asked decades after the report was made. Do they still hold reports for other Police investigations of that nature around the same time would have been the obvious question to ask. Did the BBC ask it? It would appear not - or they aren't sharing the answer.

I'm not sure either of Souness or Smith would comment on a case of a Youth Coach verbally abusing a kid some 30 years after the event. Don't make the mistake of comparing this event with what went on across the city. They are at entirely opposite ends of the spectrum. There's other stuff on Neely, it seems, but not stuff that the Club was aware of at the time.
Not in anyway comparing to what happened at the sleezpit. That was abuse on an industrial and sickening scale.
I do think it's important that folk don't bury their heads in the sand. It's inconceivable to think that our own club and probably every club in the UK will have had abuse issues.
What we are witnessing if the scums media friends trying to equate all clubs as the same.

He's not a journalist, he's a deflector and enabler of horrific crimes.

Not in anyway comparing to what happened at the sleezpit. That was abuse on an industrial and sickening scale.
I do think it's important that folk don't bury their heads in the sand. It's inconceivable to think that our own club and probably every club in the UK will have had abuse issues.
What we are witnessing if the scums media friends trying to equate all clubs as the same.

You were very specific in bringing what the Dhims were saying about Neely’s dismissal into it - hence my response which is also specific to that incident.

Any club can unwittingly employ one of these perverts. Not many knowingly re-employ one for a second time and, having knowledge of the abuse that went on, actively engage in a cover up. Neely and Dunn drag Rangers name into this, others such as Motherwell have also been drawn in. However, currently we only know of two clubs who knowingly let these perverts walk away - and they both play in green and white.

Any editor, and any newspaper, with an ounce of credibility, or journalistic integrity, would be taken to task over running an article on a child sex abuse scandal within the remit of Scottish football that fails to mention the biggest perpetrator over 5 decades of abuse that sits on its doorstep.

Correct on all fronts.

I'm sure the words used by the police contacted were " we are unable to confirm nor deny a report was received "

This Marcello Mega chap is just another piece of garbage who is complicit in the cover up of decades of child abuse. I hope he gets what is coming to him.

There is politics involved here. Unionists must been seen as all bad and darkness and nationalists seen as all goodness and light.

Back