Celtic to be sued in the US over abuse(The Sun)

Shawlands_Bear

Penn State University have paid out an absolute fortune to the victims of Jerry Sandusky.

I think that scandal was far bigger but it could still be very costly for Celtic.

ibrox40

Rest assured. They have RC PLACEMEN in every facet of society. The FBI will no doubt oblige and stay away.

Opus Dei will snub this out - they've contained it for decades.

A massive conspiracy that hides the largest paedophilic gang in the history of world sport.

SNP shame on you.

nonsense the yanks ripped the catholic church in the US to pieces over child abuse, even in Boston

Emperor Smith

I posted some time ago on another thread that if a couple of Philadelphia lawyers got involved with any of the victims on the US football tour in the '90's it would not go well for Separate Entity FC.
Hopefully my prediction is coming to pass.

Timskelper

Some info regarding what went on in America with this vile, disgusting club.

We read about what went on with the kids at the hands of these perverts and rightfully are appalled by it, every decent person on this planet should be, but not having experienced it (I sincerely hope not), I doubt we truly understand the impact on these young kids, now adults, lives. Imagine that was one of your kids.

Every day the victims have to live with this and every day the paedo harbourers say it's got nothing to do with them. They disgust me.

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/COVER-UP;+Secret+deal+let+soccer+pervert+off+the+hook.-a061256211

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Shameful+airport+pact+haunts+us+after+5+years;+EXCLUSIVE:+Truth...-a061256232

Humbug

'READY AND WAITING' Celtic to be sued in the US amid claims paedo Frank Cairney abused kids there while on footie trips
It could open the floodgates on a potentially huge payout to ex-Celtic Boys Club players if allegations going back nearly three decades are proved
EXCLUSIVE

By Oliver Norton
9th February 2019, 10:51 pm

CELTIC face being sued in America amid claims pervert Frank Cairney abused youngsters on footie trips there.
Top US lawyers are “ready and waiting” to help former starlets bring claims over the caged fiend, 83, a source has revealed.
TOM_FARMER @ THE SCOTTISH SUN
Cairney was jailed for four years after abusing youngsters
And it could open the floodgates on a potentially huge payout to ex-Celtic Boys Club players if allegations going back nearly three decades are proved.
The Scots-based insider said: “After Cairney’s conviction, alleged victims are considering legal action in the States. We’re in discussions with lawyers there.

“They’re looking to sue Celtic. They won’t be suing Cairney but the Celtic corporate body. It’ll be in the near future.
Celtic Boys Club paedophile Frank Cairney ‘preyed on 100 kids’
“The incidents happened on football trips as long ago as the early 1990s. Depending on how it goes, other victims are also interested in raising action in Europe.”
Cairney has never been convicted of attacking players in America
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/3859791/greg-docherty-rangers-shrewbury-town-car-attack/
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/3859317/billy-joe-bates-murder-glasgow-gangster-funeral-death-maryhill-milton/
One of those seeking damages in the States didn’t form part of the High Court case which last week saw the beast caged — but we understand Texas-based lawyers are still “very keen” to pursue damages.

Cairney was jailed for four years for molesting eight teens at St Columba’s Boys Guild in Viewpark, Lanarkshire, and Celtic Boys Club’s under-16 team.
He is the third ex-Celtic Boys Club coach to be convicted of abuse and the second locked up.
The US law firm said: “We’re interested in having a conversation with survivors of the abuse about how we could help them.

“We would definitely be in their corner.”
A spokesman for Celtic FC said: “We would not make any comment.”
oliver.norton@ news.co.uk

As it appears there is no appetite from those elected to look after our affairs or the msm. I have held the view for some time now that this would be the way to defeat the obvious conspiracy of silence in this country.

There is no doubt in my mind there are others from all parts of society embroiled in this, would they be willing to throw them under the bus to save themselves?

Last edited:

bigduds58

And the lads parents agreed not to contact the police in exchange for him being offered a professional contract. I hope those people sleep well at night with that in their minds every day. I honestly can’t get my head round how any parent could do that.

It's called confession once they confess to the holy one their sins are cleansed....by a priest

Broxmeister

Hopefully if this takes off in America the mhedia and politicians here along with the footballing authorities won't be able to ignore Celtics victims any longer and they will get the justice they deserve.

Mr Bear

I really do hope this is the dam about to burst. Those poor children have went through decades of pain & mental torture carrying this on their minds....... some have probably even blamed and shamed themselves for the actions by, what can only be described as utter filth.

I really hope these kids (now adults) have their day, and those responsible for inflicting and covering up this paedophile ring atrocity are hammered by the justice system.

Eddie Doc

Wee Fergus would have foreseen all this happening with his knowledge of the suing culture in America/Canada. Probably why he changed their name from the Celic and athletic coy or whatever the fuk it was. They'll be claiming they were a separate entity next, wait and see.

tsa57

If Cairney abused kids on US soil, he himself may face extradition and trial, never mind the financial shitstorm that would collapse on the Piggery Peasants. ? Knowing the SNP, they would fight tooth and nail to prevent extraditions to US courts.
They (snp) can only fight it if a death sentence was on the table. If Sun story is true, I hope they rip the piss out of this separate entity nonsense.

johnredx

Can only hope this story is true but cannot see it happening, think the civil cases that will come up in Scotland may be the only way that victims and their families get any settlement.
Cairney has done them no favours by saying in Court that his salary was paid by CFC, what were they doing paying the wages of a man who was the manager of a "separate entity"?

Ger572

Official Ticketer
These rancid bastards need exposed on a global scale and this may be the start of it!!!!

We all know when the yanks get their teeth into something they don't give up easily.

Tick rock...the flood gates may be about to open!!!! Let's see how the Bheasts potentially deal with this

Stez64

Can only hope this story is true but cannot see it happening, think the civil cases that will come up in Scotland may be the only way that victims and their families get any settlement.
Cairney has done them no favours by saying in Court that his salary was paid by CFC, what were they doing paying the wages of a man who was the manager of a "separate entity"?
I didn't know that he said this in court. I think that's what FFers call a " Boom, head shot"

mart22

I hope this happens. Scottish justice has been no justice at all. The sentences and probation order ffs handed down to the abusers indicate to me Scotland's justice system has great sympathy towards paedophiles on Celtic Boys Club's staff.
Rubbing salt into the victim's wounds are Celtic themselves. Distancing themselves from compensating victims with their separate entity rhetoric. One thing is for sure, CBC victims of abuse have received no justice from Scottish courts, and their chance of proper monetary compensation off Celtic is zero.
My concern is the threat to sue in America is a negotiating chip. An attempt by the victims lawyers to make Celtic do the right thing. Or as close to the right thing as they can get. But Scottish justice has been scoffing at child abuse victims for decades. It would be a welcome move seeing another country's legal process, where child abuse is taken seriously, using their powers to do the right thing for Scottish victims.

Ubik

when are they being chucked out of football and having to reapply for the license, if they had the gall to do that? moral integrity would surely say otherwise?

Latest posts