Celtic to be sued in the US over abuse(The Sun)

In response to the post containing the tweet about the Record and the NDA you put “Made up shite from The Sun just as I suspected”. Maybe you should be clearer.

And I don’t think @Haining84 has told you who his source is. He’s simply posted the tweet. There’s a difference.

Maybe you should have read it properly before diving in.

I think the one who’s diving in here is you my friend.
Don't waste your time on him mate.Ive explained how the guy knows and who he's working with and the trials & meetings he's attended.He was on the TV last week with Andy & Helen Gray's mother and Kenny Campbell.

The idea he would lie whilst supporting such high profile victims/families is ludicrous.

Let bill stay in denial.

You having been baiting Haining throughout this thread.
That's my say , OK .

Haining was playing Billy Bigbaws telling me I was wrong and how he had a source. Lol!

His source turned out to be some guy on Twitter.

Still, it would appear the gullible loyal are lapping it up.

Haining was playing Billy Bigbaws telling me I was wrong and how he had a source. Lol!

You're a waste of time and space mate,you really are!

A few of us got wind of something over the weekend that hasn't been put out yet.Ive clearly explained on more than one occasion this isn't a "random guy" on Twitter and I haven't once told you anything about "a source"!

I get this feeling as well. They should be shut down completely for knowingly enabling this for decades to protect the good name of the club.

The recent convictions haven’t laid a glove on them from the SFA, their sponsors or the police.

They will escape justice on this trajectory.

Come on Careca.

My agenda?

My agenda is to see Celtic brought to justice.

Pardon me for not believing The Sun or some random prick on Twitter.

Ok

A) If you have the inclination you should have a look at the random "prick" from twitters previous tweets and the content and the replies he has received from people heavily involved in the court cases. Or have you already done this?

B) What leads you to the opinion that the guy is a "prick". Do you know him personally or is your judgement based purely on the screenshots of his twitter on here?

You are entitled to your opinion and you have the benefit of free speech and no fear of consequences.

Remember there could be survivors or family members of survivors reading this thread who may never come forward because they don't think they will be believed. Perhaps if you disagree with some of the information being provided you should sm/pm the person to discuss the information in private.

Do you have information that proves this "some guy" on twitter is some sort of attention seeker? If not then perhaps it would be best to stop mocking him or Haining's posts until you can convince us we are being fed bullshit.

Based entirely on the comments I've seen him post on here, Haining certainly has never come across as someone who is easily taken for a fool.

It is interesting how we complain about cover ups and the secrecy surrounding this case yet when information is put out there, there are people ridiculing it.

Anyhow

Going back to the screen shots mentioning confidentiality agreements made with celtic FC - forgive my lack of knowledge of anything here -

1. Would these agreements would be documented on celtic fc headed paper, signed and posted with courts?
2. If an ex player was to break an agreement would his evidence become questionable in court or would he face charges himself?
3. Is any information put out into the public domain, through main stream or social media, before any court proceedings at risk of being rejected as evidence in court? If so then should this thread and others related to any future case be - unfortunately - binned?

I think some of us are too impatient. Until the legal process plays out, hard information is going to be difficult to come by and none of the press are going to take any chances by rushing into print.

My sense is that there is a lot of dirt out there which explains some of the attempts at damage limitation by Celtic. But, again, those floodgates are not going to open while court cases are ongoing.

Clearly some people know more than others but we need to understand that they too have to be discrete for the time being.

So let's all be patient for now.

Tomorrow could be very interesting..

Front page of the Record in the morning is meant to be "explosive".

tenor.gif

I think some of us are too impatient. Until the legal process plays out, hard information is going to be difficult to come by and none of the press are going to take any chances by rushing into print.

My sense is that there is a lot of dirt out there which explains some of the attempts at damage limitation by Celtic. But, again, those floodgates are not going to open while court cases are ongoing.

Clearly some people know more than others but we need to understand that they too have to be discrete for the time being.

So let's all be patient for now.

McCafferty is the big one. He stands accused of molesting children in the Celtic park dressing room.

Once that case is over, then the flood gates will open.

How so bud? Asking as it seems like this potential breakthrough has come from there?

Because Twitter is just sound bites. In a highly complex situation it can't convey what is really happening. And in this situation I don't think we have a breakthrough. If these NDAs are out there then it is probably known to lawyers and to the press. So maybe the press and others are sitting on them. But they might have to with the legal process ongoing. So where does that leave us?

McCafferty is the big one. He was molesting children in the Celtic park dressing room (allegedly).

Once that case is over, then the flood gates will open.

Hope so. At some point they will open in my opinion. I think there is too much out there, too many victims, too much evidence.

I was a paper boy in the early to mid 80s and I always remember something about a huge story that was supposed to appear in the record and sun about goings on at Celtic , however it was then suddenly pulled . I didn’t think much of it at the time being a kid happily making what I thought was a fortune of about £20 a week from my run , however I now wonder if it was to do with the current scandal .

I really just hope the victims can all be compensated and somehow their lives become bearable after what happened to them . Those poor kids , it makes you sick to the stomach .

I think people are starting to get carried away. It feels reminiscent of times during our worst period when there were continual rumours of "headshots", newspaper exposes and criminal cases.

Let's hope there is justice for the victims. I doubt, however, it will severely impact Celtic as an organisation.

You would think with all this going on people would be distancing themselves from the scum in the piggery but apparently the Uefa top brass will be there on Thursday.

You would think with all this going on people would be distancing themselves from the scum in the piggery but apparently the Uefa top brass will be there on Thursday.
I think they will be using Thursday night as a massive PR presentation.

Not doubting the guy posting a fair amount on Twitter, but why does the sole focus seem to be on the Daily Record? Why not approach other media outlets with the story/evidence?

I think there's more to the story of how he got his job in the first place too. Yet another overlooked scandal if it's true. We're supposed to believe a 20 year old Torbett went to Celtic with his boys club pitch asking for permission to use the Celtic brand. This sounds highly unlikely to me. I think Torbett was known to Celtic's hierarchy, and known for what he was. He was chosen by people within Celtic to start up Celtic Boys Club is what I suspect. The judge said when sentencing Torbett, "what this case has shown is that you used the club as a front and a recruiting ground for boys who you could sexually abuse ". That was the plan for Celtic Boys Club from the start alright, but could Torbett as a 20 year old really dupe Celtic's board into letting him use Celtic's brand? No chance in my view.
Another potential scandal that will never be looked into is did Celtic provide a reference for Torbett when he got the Managing Director's job with Fairbridge In Scotland. Imagine giving a known paedophile a reference so he could take a job as MD of a charity to help vulnerable young people. But, as we all know, such scandals will never see light of day because Celtic's "good name" must be protected.

Great post Mart. The first point is really a massive distinguisher with other clubs. Who could possibly re hire a paedo ? And of course as you say who could possibly give him a reference unless he had something on them ?

Back