Celtic to be sued in the US over abuse(The Sun)

It’s included as an additional option under liability insurance for youth sports groups.

It wouldn’t be unusual to take, especially these days. No idea if it existed or was a prominent option decades ago.
The more I thought about it the more it made sense to be included in public liability insurance although I think they’ll have trouble saying they weren’t aware before now.

Paedophiles Paradise!
images

To me its mental that you honesty think Opus Dei have influence in Scottish football. But totally entitled to your opinion, nothing surprises me on FF anymore :D

Opus Dei has more influence in a lot of aspects of Scottish (and indeed UK) society than you can even imagine. Forget about all the sensationalist espionage-type stuff of The Da Vinci Code (although, as evidenced by earlier posts, that does go on); OD’s influence is much more prevalent at street level.
Think of who has controlled Scotland’s largest city for decades. Think of the RC-compliant media, Holyrood and many financial institutions. You think that is simply down to individuals boxing clever, and jobs for the bhoys? The RC Church (largely aided by OD) has had the home countries in its sights for centuries. Just watch them move when HM the Queen finally departs.
The notion that they could be involved in Scottish football is far from “mental”.

I'm trying to type this quickly before I fly out the door.

I hate all forms of insurance (necessary evil at times of course), absolutely detest it, but I have had to pay for Public Liability Insurance in the past. It covers a multitude of business scenarios, high cover for little cost, but there isn't a chance (IMO) Paedo FC would be covered for this child abuse. NO CHANCE.

I posted a link before about the funds the Catholic church and insurance paid out. That was a newspaper headline grouping both together. Again, in my opinion, The insurance money actually paid out would have been miniscule in relative terms and only paid out because of so-called 'fine print' that would cover most eventualities.

The individual churches would have been liable for all, or part payment to victims (depending on the size of the claim), but the head paedo and all in The Vatican would have paid out the vast majority, probably near all of it. I repeat again, in my opinion, as nobody clearly has the fine details and are likely to.

Even if any of the insurance paid out and it somehow was worded that it did in fact include such a disgusting act, knowing what I'm sure we all know about insurance companies and how they'll try and get out of paying any claims, any claim would need to be 100% watertight.

In short, after that long winded post (apologies), Paedo FC will have NO COVER REGARDING THIS WHATSOEVER.

The vile acts are historic and have been well documented, even by many people who would rather protect that scum club. It's 'out there', so no insurance company would touch them (unless set up specifically to assist them). That's just the sordid acts we know about. Wait until the real experts do their work.

They cannot, simply cannot walk, away from this and the victims, who please don't ever forget are the most important people in this whole sick situation, deserve their recognition from the courts and the scum. Paedo FC have nowhere to hide, even though many will try and help them.

You don't think, eh?

" (CNN) - Since the 1980s, the Catholic Church in the United States and its insurance companies have paid out more than $3.8 billion in lawsuits and claims involving allegations of clerical sexual abuse, according to a monitoring group... "

https://www.click2houston.com/news/...se-allegations-in-catholic-church-since-1980s

" If the Catholic church is sued, secret files and private documents could be made public. And insurance companies, which have already paid millions in private settlements, might have to pay much more for the church’s liability as new cases are brought forth. "

https://eu.ydr.com/story/news/2018/...reform-statute-limitations-priest/1742969002/

… and to be honest, it's not just the papists...

" The three companies that insure the majority of Protestant churches in America say they typically receive upward of 260 reports each year of young people under 18 being sexually abused by clergy, church staff, volunteers or congregation members. "

https://www.insurancejournal.com/news/national/2007/06/18/80877.htm

Reading the above, and knowing the very close association between celtc FC and the catholic church, you would be extremely naïve to continue to believe that the former has not sought out advice from the latter on how to handle the tsunami of claims that are about to befall them.

Make no mistake, these claims are coming, and will have to be paid out, so do you seriously think that horrible club intends to pay out from their own funds? The same funds that service their loans, pay for the upkeep of their stadium and training complex, pay their wage bill, and finance new signings? In a nutshell, the very same funds that keeps them in business?
Such an eventuality could quite probably crucify them to an irreparable extent.
It's inconceivable that they haven't been considering the worst case scenario, and I for one would bet that if they didn't already have the relevant insurance, when they heard the first rumblings heralding these recent court cases there would have been a high level summit of the very top papes in Scotland (and possibly beyond) to consider all that could be done to preserve as far as possible "the good name" of their club and minimize any continuing damage to their brand.

Trust me, I desperately hope that they have not taken these precautions, because it would financially fucking kill them in all probability, but there's no way I see them not learning from past experiences.
I would need to think that they would have needed to have had the insurance in place at the time of the crimes.

Opus Dei has more influence in a lot of aspects of Scottish (and indeed UK) society than you can even imagine. Forget about all the sensationalist espionage-type stuff of The Da Vinci Code (although, as evidenced by earlier posts, that does go on); OD’s influence is much more prevalent at street level.
Think of who has controlled Scotland’s largest city for decades. Think of the RC-compliant media, Holyrood and many financial institutions. You think that is simply down to individuals boxing clever, and jobs for the bhoys? The RC Church (largely aided by OD) has had the home countries in its sights for centuries. Just watch them move when HM the Queen finally departs.
The notion that they could be involved in Scottish football is far from “mental”.
I said earlier about cabinet ministers, Ruth Maria Kelly (born 9 May 1968) is a former British Labour Party politician, serving as Member of Parliament (MP) for Bolton West from 1997 until she stood down in 2010. she was a member of Opus Dei, i think that is why she resigned, and how come we never hear about The Knights of St Columba, or the Ancient Order of Hibernians, or the Jesuits, in the Media do they not exist

I said earlier about cabinet ministers, Ruth Maria Kelly (born 9 May 1968) is a former British Labour Party politician, serving as Member of Parliament (MP) for Bolton West from 1997 until she stood down in 2010. she was a member of Opus Dei, i think that is why she resigned, and how come we never hear about The Knights of St Columba, or the Ancient Order of Hibernians, or the Jesuits, in the Media do they not exist

Not saying either of you are wrong, however unless there's particularly good evidence of their influence I'd be careful that we don't end up sounding like them with their "Masonic conspiracies".

100%. Incredible reading. A wake up for many bears I’d suggest.

What is funny is that if this happens in Boston it will be a Catholic judge, jury, and attorney reaming them.

Boston is a lot more diverse than that. In addition, sport and religion in the USA are generally separate. A Boston judge and jury would not make a connection between Celtc and the catholic church and if lawyers tried to make one, they would discount it.

Boston, Massachusetts and New England are not the West of Scotland.

Boston is a lot more diverse than that. In addition, sport and religion in the USA are generally separate. A Boston judge and jury would not make a connection between Celtc and the catholic church and if lawyers tried to make one, they would discount it.

Boston, Massachusetts and New England are not the West of Scotland.

I agree. I am a Yank. What I meant is that they are going to have a hard time saying its bigotry when they are getting rammed by a Boston court. I would love it to be criminal charges here in the US. We put people in jail for a long long time here.

I agree. I am a Yank. What I meant is that they are going to have a hard time saying its bigotry when they are getting rammed by a Boston court. I would love it to be criminal charges here in the US. We put people in jail for a long long time here.

A criminal conviction would certainly open the floodgates for civil cases which often have a lower burden of proof.

I don't know if they could enforce a civil penalty on a UK company that does not have assets in the USA. But it would prevent Celtic or any of their 'officers' (board members, etc.) coming to the USA.

There is a Jesuit factory in the centre of Glasgow.

I would need to think that they would have needed to have had the insurance in place at the time of the crimes.

Perhaps, perhaps not, but what the Vatican did do was grant fiscal autonomy to each diocese in the U.S. after the fact. That way, they didn’t become the bottomless pit of compensation, even although they can easily afford it.

It’s not something I’d think you could get insured for but it’s maybe all in liability insurance under being sued by the public?

There is absolutely no way an insurance company would pay out on this. Too many people within Celtic allowed it to continue. It's like insuring your dog but not telling them about a pre-existing condition then trying to claim on it.

The payouts are going to reach tens of millions. I hope the victims get something out of this as it will recompense them for the years of horror they have had to put up with and the years of horror yet to face.

Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock
Spotlight shining brighter by the day. Only a matter of time now till the victims get their justice and some closure and that rancid organisation gets shut down hopefully.

Anyone reckon that the US lawsuit angle is being used as leverage to pile the pressure on the Piggery ? A UK class action lawsuit v an American alternative. ? Which will be the most expensive for the Peasants to pay in compensation ?

Surely it will be the CIA dealing with this in Scotland??
FBI can't operate on foreign soil and the CIA can't operate on American soil I think that's the way it works.
If the CIA are after U well UR in big big trouble.
Can't believe people still think they are going to walk away from this, were way way past that stage now.
Public enquiry is now a must!!

who sanctioned giving this b#stard his job back
I think there's more to the story of how he got his job in the first place too. Yet another overlooked scandal if it's true. We're supposed to believe a 20 year old Torbett went to Celtic with his boys club pitch asking for permission to use the Celtic brand. This sounds highly unlikely to me. I think Torbett was known to Celtic's hierarchy, and known for what he was. He was chosen by people within Celtic to start up Celtic Boys Club is what I suspect. The judge said when sentencing Torbett, "what this case has shown is that you used the club as a front and a recruiting ground for boys who you could sexually abuse ". That was the plan for Celtic Boys Club from the start alright, but could Torbett as a 20 year old really dupe Celtic's board into letting him use Celtic's brand? No chance in my view.
Another potential scandal that will never be looked into is did Celtic provide a reference for Torbett when he got the Managing Director's job with Fairbridge In Scotland. Imagine giving a known paedophile a reference so he could take a job as MD of a charity to help vulnerable young people. But, as we all know, such scandals will never see light of day because Celtic's "good name" must be protected.

I think there's more to the story of how he got his job in the first place too. Yet another overlooked scandal if it's true. We're supposed to believe a 20 year old Torbett went to Celtic with his boys club pitch asking for permission to use the Celtic brand. This sounds highly unlikely to me. I think Torbett was known to Celtic's hierarchy, and known for what he was. He was chosen by people within Celtic to start up Celtic Boys Club is what I suspect. The judge said when sentencing Torbett, "what this case has shown is that you used the club as a front and a recruiting ground for boys who you could sexually abuse ". That was the plan for Celtic Boys Club from the start alright, but could Torbett as a 20 year old really dupe Celtic's board into letting him use Celtic's brand? No chance in my view.
Another potential scandal that will never be looked into is did Celtic provide a reference for Torbett when he got the Managing Director's job with Fairbridge In Scotland. Imagine giving a known paedophile a reference so he could take a job as MD of a charity to help vulnerable young people. But, as we all know, such scandals will never see light of day because Celtic's "good name" must be protected.

It's becoming very clear there was institutional abuse at Celtic which went to the very top.

Can't believe people still think they are going to walk away from this, were way way past that stage now.

1. I still think they'll walk away from this relatively unscathed.

2. I don't think the victims will get a Public enquiry.

3. I don't think there will be any legal action taken against them from the USA.

Hope I'm wrong on all counts.

1. I still think they'll walk away from this relatively unscathed.

2. I don't think the victims will get a Public enquiry.

3. I don't think there will be any legal action taken against them from the USA.

Hope I'm wrong on all counts.
There is no chance they are getting out of this now, The McCafferty Trial or as I like to call it " The Big Trial ' will seal their fate as he was 1st team kit man.
Remember all of these bheasts were allowed freedom of Celtic Park and Barrowfield Training Ground to commit their crimes and I don't know who is advising them what to say but they have backed themselves into a very,very tight corner which is getting rather overcrowded day by day

There is no chance they are getting out of this now, The McCafferty Trial or as I like to call it " The Big Trial ' will seal their fate as he was 1st team kit man.
Remember all of these bheasts were allowed freedom of Celtic Park and Barrowfield Training Ground to commit their crimes and I don't know who is advising them what to say but they have backed themselves into a very,very tight corner which is getting rather overcrowded day by day
Spot on mate.
Nowhere to hide now, first team kit mans going to jail for sure.
Don't think there can be a public inquiry untill the Civil cases have been resolved but I'm not 100% on that.
The next case blows everything out of the water, as U say it's getting worse by the day and yes who the fuk told them to change the name of the CBC and their strips also??
Pure madness that makes them look guilty as Sin.

Honestly, so many "rainbows" on that affair by now that I actually wait till it happens in reality before commenting.

The victims should come first here ... but my Rse, any punishment they get will go down well with this Bear.

Feel so sorry for the victims. Thankfully someone is gonna fight their corner. Hope every one of these evil bheasts who carried out these atrocities and every one of the evil b@stards who knew about it are named and caged. If the mentally challengeds have to pay up even better but, lets get it in the open. Scotland's shame!!

Spot on mate.
Nowhere to hide now, first team kit mans going to jail for sure.
Don't think there can be a public inquiry untill the Civil cases have been resolved but I'm not 100% on that.
The next case blows everything out of the water, as U say it's getting worse by the day and yes who the fuk told them to change the name of the CBC and their strips also??
Pure madness that makes them look guilty as Sin.

God I hope you boys are right and justice prevails but I'm at the point where they've gotten away with so much for years I find it hard to believe this will be different.

When is the McCafferty trial?

This is the question I have too. If it's so pivotal to everything else, when does it happen?

FBI can't operate on foreign soil and the CIA can't operate on American soil I think that's the way it works.

The CIA? Really?

It would be a civil matter, unless they were to indict on criminal charges. Which would mean the defendant being extraditated to the US to face trial under whichever jurisdiction the crime happened.

God I hope you boys are right and justice prevails but I'm at the point where they've gotten away with so much for years I find it hard to believe this will be different.

This is the question I have too. If it's so pivotal to everything else, when does it happen?
I don't know mate but the second he goes down it's a different ball game. It's damming when he goes down.
This will take time as nobody knows how many are taking Civil action.
They will all get there day in court and I hope they feel some sort of justice at the end of it All!

The CIA? Really?

It would be a civil matter, unless they were to indict on criminal charges. Which would mean the defendant being extraditated to the US to face trial under whichever jurisdiction the crime happened.
I don't know how all this pans out mate but people saying FBI is wrong they ain't allowed on foreign soil.

CIA :)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):))

Latest posts

Back