Celtic to be sued in the US over abuse(The Sun)

You know what T, isn't it very peculiar that the word 'ring' has never been used in relation to the goings on at CFC?

A group of men, all around the same age, all known to each other, all at the same Club, but nobody in Scotland, be it in the written or spoken media has used the word 'ring' .

Somebody very high up the food chain and with great influence is fire-fighting the reporting of these deplorable acts of the systematic abuse of young boys in the care of Celtc Football & Athletic Club and all names connected with it.

It really is Scotlands' shame .

I believe some say Murdoch McLennan.

I always wondered why wee Fergus got out that quick. When you think about it he actually got them on an even keel. Why take your money and run at that juncture? He could easily have stayed in (even from Canada) and milked it for all its worth. Did he open one closet door too many only to find the shitstorm of all shitstorms?
Can't fu(king wait for this to explode!!! WATP.

Good question, Robbie. Typically UK Public Liability cover is written on a 'claims occurring' basis. So the insurer on cover on the date of harm deals with claims. Where cover is 'claims made', the current insurer deals; such insurer would defiantly seek to avoid cover for failure to disclose prior unreported occurrences at the intervening renewal dates!
All that said, CFC may still have challenges around compliance with the Conditions of a conventional clams occurring basis Policy.
Exactly. Insurance only covers claims made after the policy was started

But all insurance is null and void if it is proven they were aware of an individual's behaviour, and failed to act (re-employing Torbett, hushed up investigation into Cairney that either found no evidence or was covered up). There's too many witnesses from the time, so they can't claim ignorance

They are in serious trouble over this.There is now a substantial amount of cases pending against them and the Scottish lawyers involved have met with their American counterparts to discuss the way forward. Brady and Macari to name but two are already on the lawyers list of potential witnesses to the abuse. Furthermore the SFA are looking at the potential of charging Celt*c with bringing the game into disrepute as all and sundry at Parkhead knew what was going on and failed to protect the kids.

There are various films and news articles from the past which quite clearly state the boys club were an integral part of the set up at Parkhead.

The media and the politicians are very reluctant to make official comment on these cases as they don’t want to be seen to be putting live ongoing cases in jeopardy.

There is a juggernaut heading their way, and no amount of denial or deflection will stop it.
I hope you’re not at it here and your information is sound.
Too many of us hanging on every word said on here just desperate for justice for the victims and for Separate Entity FC to be exposed for what they are.

I can't fucking wait for this! Popcorn at the ready.

giphy.gif
To be fair I am no excited at the thought of hearing what those c.unts put kids through.

Will be good to see them brought to justice but not something to be giddy with excitement about hearing.

To be fair I am no excited at the thought of hearing what those c.unts put kids through.

Will be good to see them brought to justice but not something to be giddy with excitement about hearing.

Nor am i excited about the thought of what happened to the poor kids.

I'm happy that they're about to get more bad publicity and hopefully it goes global.

There is not an insurance company on this planet that would pay a single penny over all this.

Celtic will have to take a company to court to try and get them to pay/cover any compensation and they will get eviscerated by the insurance companies lawyers.

The abuse the Gray family have been through has only made them stronger,folk from England now and other avenue’s are opening behind the scene’s.

And this is not about compensation for them as I always said,they want more than an apology,like others a publicly enquiry should be the bare minimum required.

The abuse the Gray family have been through has only made them stronger,folk from England now and other avenue’s are opening behind the scene’s.

And this is not about compensation for them as I always said,they want more than an apology,like others a publicly enquiry should be the bare minimum required.
Surely such an open enquiry can only happen post all cases & compo concluded??!

Surely such an open enquiry can only happen post all cases & compo concluded??!

Of course,other survivors may not want that,I can’t speak for others who’s may well want compensated and rightly so they should be,I know the Grays are not motivated by financial gain,they want accountability and a public enquiry and lessons learned on this so it never happens again to any children.

Of course,other survivors may not want that,I can’t speak for others who’s may well want compensated and rightly so they should be,I know the Grays are not motivated by financial gain,they want accountability and a public enquiry and lessons learned on this so it never happens again to any children.
Here's hoping they get everything they want and that rancid institution is closed down for ever!

My heart goes out to the poor souls who have suffered both mentally and physically at the hands of these predators, but any public enquiry into this has to be overseen by people outside of Scotland
This country has had 3 to 4 decades to sort this disgusting catalogue of events out and has done nothing, it would be totally unjust to put the victims through proceedings in a country where bias has been shown to the perpetrators by the very fact of silence
The media, the politicians and the football authorities in this country are complicit by their lack of action, they are in effect condoning what happened
Please don’t give me the gash of they can’t comment on ongoing cases as this should all have been brought to court a long time ago, a very long time ago, as everybody knew what had went on
It has taken the cases in England for it to be even brought up again
Scotland has become a third world country

I just have this horrible feeling that nothing will come of all of these beasts being found guilty whilst working for them.

The media and politicians don't want to touch this with a barge pole and I think they are hoping it'll just be more they have to sweep under the carpet.

I'm only saying this as they haven't spent much since this raised its ugly head.
If it goes stateside they are in serious trouble of that I have no doubt.
What's your gut feeling about it been raised on the other side of the pond mate??
Others have expressed the same view; for a 'cash-rich' club, their lack of spend is conspicuous. If a US attorney takes this on, it'll cost CFC a small fortune in money & prestige, win or lose.

I just have this horrible feeling that nothing will come of all of these beasts being found guilty whilst working for them.

The media and politicians don't want to touch this with a barge pole and I think they are hoping it'll just be more they have to sweep under the carpet.

Aye only in Scotland is it punishable not to pay your taxes but being involved in multiple counts of child abuse is just covered up. Says a lot about the state of our country.

Hugh Stevenson the referee who abused kids in and around Paisley was employed by the SFA. They have, currently, legal action against them. They are hardly in any position to punish St. Pats fc. They might be to busy fighting their own battle.

A football club started by a Roman Catholic priest caught up in a child abuse scandal it's ignored and covered up,Who'd of thought it wouldn't surprise me if the bold Walfred set the tone for future generations,A club like no other From 1888 bigotry and abuse.

Hugh Stevenson the referee who abused kids in and around Paisley was employed by the SFA. They have, currently, legal action against them. They are hardly in any position to punish St. Pats fc. They might be to busy fighting their own battle.

They will probably end up with having to deal with other cases. What happens to a governing body that brings the game into disrepute?

Not only in Paisley he was involved with Eastercraigs in Dennistoun for almost 20 years.

They will probably end up with having to deal with other cases. What happens to a governing body that brings the game into disrepute?
That’s a very good question my friend. Normally it would go higher. Government for example but SNP controlled Scotland will do nothing.

16 pages ... have we anyone or any link from the US that sheds some official light / interest (as reported) on this?

Was it not a payment of £250k per year to The Tophy Centre for 4 years after Torbett went to jail rather than a one-off payment?

That’s an incredible number of those wee plastic football trophies.
Back in the 80s I assume a plastic engraved trophy would cost about £5 buying in bulk. 50k trophies and pendants is a lot of trinkets per year.

I don't know how this will be resolved, one part of me say's they will get away with this, and then I say it is too far gone for the powers that be to ignore all this, then I think of the kiddy on talking shop over in Edinburgh, and I could cry, wee nicola won't even speak about the shit hole she has in Govanhill, never mind this bomb, god help these poor victims, in all this.

You're spot-on, Grommitt. CFC may not have told their broker about the kids tour, or not elected to buy USA cover. Let's hope not.

On the other hand, if they did have cover, surely that blows the "separate entity" tack out of the water. Why would a club with a biscuit tin mentality take cover out for something they were not responsible for? They could never have been considered philanthropists.

As has often been said in investigations, follow the money. Where was CBC funded from, where did they get the money to go on tours, buy strips, pay their paedophile staff?

The "cover up' post dates the occurrence(s) but would the cover up not be akin to nondisclosure and therefore invalidate the cover?
The duty to disclose arises at renewal, not 'occurences'. Hence, I said: '& won't vitiate cover alone'.
As previously, CFC may have other coverage issues to overcome, viz the Claims Reporting Condition.

Last edited:
On the other hand, if they did have cover, surely that blows the "separate entity" tack out of the water. Why would a club with a biscuit tin mentality take cover out for something they were not responsible for? They could never have been considered philanthropists.

As has often been said in investigations, follow the money. Where was CBC funded from, where did they get the money to go on tours, buy strips, pay their paedophile staff?
Wholly agree, FMHAD. IMHO the 'seperate entity' defence is likely to fail a vicarious libility test.

Back