Celtic unwilling to pay any money for Joe Hart

Surely it doesn't work like that unless it's a loan deal. If he signs another contract, then that's on him.

It depends who the driving force in the deal is.

If Spurs want him gone, he can dig his heels and ask for his contract paid up.

If Hart is driving the deal then he can choose to walk away from it. But I can’t see them offering any more than £30k per week. And I can’t see Hart just being happy to give up £20k per week at this stage of his career.

Bold strategy against Levy, the hardest negotiator in the EPL. Opening offer is £0

Lets see how it works out for them

I don't know if Levy has any particular leanings towards us but I think I read recently that he was very complimentary about Ibrox after visiting, talking about its history, the architecture and how it was a proper football stadium.

Hope he screws them for every penny he can get.

500k is a big chunk of their conference league prize money
How much prize money do they get if they start the following season safely qualified for the premier sports cup group stages? A fifth or sixth place league finish this season is pretty much all they need to get there.

Should have said their manager’s style of play. Aye essentially a goalie is there to save shots but from what I’ve seen of them this season Postecoglue has them playing a very high defensive line and to do that effectively you’ll need a keeper comfortable with the ball and sweeping up - so as I said he won’t fit the style of play.
Bain has the potential to be the most 'entertaining' sweeper in the league this season

I don't know if Levy has any particular leanings towards us but I think I read recently that he was very complimentary about Ibrox after visiting, talking about its history, the architecture and how it was a proper football stadium.

Hope he screws them for every penny he can get.
He was a director with us. ENIC's man on the board when Murray screwed money from Joe Lewis

It depends who the driving force in the deal is.

If Spurs want him gone, he can dig his heels and ask for his contract paid up.

If Hart is driving the deal then he can choose to walk away from it. But I can’t see them offering any more than £30k per week. And I can’t see Hart just being happy to give up £20k per week at this stage of his career.
Spurs have told Hart he’s not needed so I’d say that leaves him in pole position for the monies owed for year 2 of the contract.

Back