Celtic unwilling to pay any money for Joe Hart

Would the "city group" be involved in this also with him being an ex Man City player, the only way they can sign players is with their involvement.

Right bud, we're all still in a great mood. But you're going to have to explain to me how a goalie has to fit into a style of play? 'Their' style of play at that.

He's there to save shots is all. With that defence he'll be too busy doing that to play sweeper cum deep lying centre mid.
Should have said their manager’s style of play. Aye essentially a goalie is there to save shots but from what I’ve seen of them this season Postecoglue has them playing a very high defensive line and to do that effectively you’ll need a keeper comfortable with the ball and sweeping up - so as I said he won’t fit the style of play.

So scum wont pay £500 K for a position they are desperate to fill.

The guy has ONE year left on is contract so someone needs to cover his £3m wages be it celtc or spurs, as NO-ONE is walking away from that sort of money!

Now, the very same celtc somehow expect to sell guys inside their last year of contract for multi millions of pounds ?

Square that circle for me folks ?

They'll need to pay him £4m over 2 years ( 40k a week) to get him to bite even if Spurs let him leave for free.
Big money for a conference side.

Joe Hart is completely past it, everyone thought pep was insane getting rid of him but %^*& me - he didn't half go from hero to zero.

Not to mention he hasn't played a single game since 2020. Not sure I agree with ou that he'll be one of the better keepers or isn't completely washed up. He's done for
He might be done - hopefully so - but I still think a past it Joe Hart is better than most of the keepers in the SPFL.

Would love to be a mole in the wall in the negotiation room. Two of the most stingey clubs in football.

So sign another keeper that doesn't suit how they want to play. In my head I see their transfer policy as a huge list of random players pinned to the wall and they grab a stranger off the street and get them to throw a dart at it.

Doesn't matter what keeper they sign or what standard they are, they are going to be better than the utter dross they currently have. I'd love them to be playing Barkas or Bain all season. Actually I'd be fine with them playing both at the same time, they are that bad.

Heart Stopper

CELTIC are unwilling to pay a transfer fee to Tottenham for goalkeeper Joe Hart, according to reports.

The Hoops were strongly linked with their former target yesterday - with boss Ange Postecoglou desperate for a new No 1.

While Spurs are reportedly wanting a transfer fee of £500,000 for a player who has a year left on his contract, transfer journalist Ekrem Konur insists that the Hoops aren't prepared to sanction that.

Nonetheless, he expects a deal for the player to be completed in the coming days.

Hart is picking up £50,000 a week but is now the North London club's third-choice goalie after the signing of Pierluigi Gollini from Atalanta.

I mean, sounds sensible to me to be fair!

Pretty tinpot from Spurs.

50k a week is 3m a year. He may well end up seeing out his contract and getting that cash from Spurs.

Or they can let him go on a free and save £3 million.

I mean, it’s funny that the filth look like missing out on him, but Spurs aren’t covering themselves in glory here.
It's not tin pot at all from Spurs, a club desperate for a keeper want to sign your 3rd choice, knowing you can make money from it you'd just give it away? Mental.

Heart Stopper

CELTIC are unwilling to pay a transfer fee to Tottenham for goalkeeper Joe Hart, according to reports.

The Hoops were strongly linked with their former target yesterday - with boss Ange Postecoglou desperate for a new No 1.

While Spurs are reportedly wanting a transfer fee of £500,000 for a player who has a year left on his contract, transfer journalist Ekrem Konur insists that the Hoops aren't prepared to sanction that.

Nonetheless, he expects a deal for the player to be completed in the coming days.

Hart is picking up £50,000 a week but is now the North London club's third-choice goalie after the signing of Pierluigi Gollini from Atalanta.
Think they are waiting to see the rangers accounts before they commit to spending any cash!!

It's not tin pot at all from Spurs, a club desperate for a keeper want to sign your 3rd choice, knowing you can make money from it you'd just give it away? Mental.
Someone very reliable has said that they are willing to let him leave for free.

100000% take Fabrizio over the record in this

Did they expect him to waft in on blown kisses and unicorn farts and play for them out of the goodness of his...well...heart?
That Head and Shoulders money probably wasn't to be sniffed at but it wont last forever and he has bills and Rogaine treatment to pay for.

They really are the biggest bunch of self deluded entitled wee pricks ever to draw breath.
They think that they can crook their wee pinkie and a well respected international with a long and trophy strewn career will come gambolling up to them like some spaniel puppy eager to play for nowt but pats on the head and the supposed "honour" of playing for them?! Even if he is at the sunset of his career and golf and Sky Sport Soccer Saturday punditry are beckoning him hither like a glamorous 40 yr old whose has had too much prosecco at a tennis club dinner.

Jesus Mackenzie Christ!

They're a diseased entity playing in a crumbling slum in a league that is, lets face it, struggling to reach mediocre in European standards and which is overseen by crooks so bent they'd make Sicilians weep.

If Juventus are the equivalent of a law degree from Harvard.
If Bayern Munich is a doctorate in engineering from MIT.
If Real Madrid is the Lucasian Chair of mathematics at Cambridge.

Then Celtic are a certificate in dental hygiene (grade D) from the Upstair College of Teeth things and Tire and Muffler Repair of Panama City.

Last edited:
Pretty tinpot from Spurs.

50k a week is 3m a year. He may well end up seeing out his contract and getting that cash from Spurs.

Or they can let him go on a free and save £3 million.

I mean, it’s funny that the filth look like missing out on him, but Spurs aren’t covering themselves in glory here.
What school you go to mate,50k a week is 2.6mil, still funny though so fair point :))

A premier league club asking for 500k is like me hanging around expectantly for my 1p change from the shop assistant.

It really is comical with that lot now, either that or they take the yahoo fans for fukin mugs.

Do they honestly think they were going to get Hart, for nothing, and reduced wages when you look at the likes of Begovic sitting on his arse at Everton for 40 odd k a week

Heart Stopper

Well considering Barkas wants to play full back and Bain wants to play as sweeper, they could use Joe between the sticks B-)

Heart Stopper

Anyone looking at Celtics recent activity would be mistaken for thinking they were skint! They do a fantastic job of keeping the tens of millions they have in the bank away from any transfer deals!

Back