Celtic unwilling to pay any money for Joe Hart

Kinda flies in the face of the millions they received for Ajer with a year left on his contract and the billions they will receive when they punt Edouard with 6 months left on his??

Tims and the truth seem to be mutually exclusive facets.

My son showed me a tweet yesterday where a dhim said he didn’t care if Hart had mistakes in him because he has to be better than what they have.
How low have they sunk? Less than 2 years ago it was all chat of being able to field two teams capable of winning the league at a canter and now this.
We really should enjoy this turmoil chaps.
We have done the hard yards for years whereas they are just starting and already can’t handle it- just like their goalies I guess.

So, he's an upgrade on what they have, but Lurch would have been a better option.

Paying £1m for Joe Hart, plus an assumed 40 - 50 grand a week contract, would be a genuinely insane piece of transfer business.

And if you're paying that for him, you'd have to give him that deal for at least two or three years.

I really hope they do this. Imagine spending that money on a keeper when every single person knows he cannot save shots to his left.

50k a week for Joe Hart sounds like a default default dealt for them. I mean after the success of Duffy last season that should be the blueprint.:cool:

Pretty tinpot from Spurs.

50k a week is 3m a year. He may well end up seeing out his contract and getting that cash from Spurs.

Or they can let him go on a free and save £3 million.

I mean, it’s funny that the filth look like missing out on him, but Spurs aren’t covering themselves in glory here.
Why would he leave a 50k a week job to got to at 20k a week job, for 1 or maybe 2 seasons? To a loser crackpot club! It make absolutely no sense for the guy. At the end of your career, last few years, you want to make as much as possible, unless you’re messi or Ronaldo. IT MAKES NO SENSE

Joe Hart will probably end up being one of the better keepers in this league and he isn’t completely washed up but it’s mind boggling to me that they’re interested in him as he’s yet another that won’t fit into their style of play.

And if they really wanted him that much, what difference does £500k make?

what style of play is that exactly?

Pretty tinpot from Spurs.

50k a week is 3m a year. He may well end up seeing out his contract and getting that cash from Spurs.

Or they can let him go on a free and save £3 million.

I mean, it’s funny that the filth look like missing out on him, but Spurs aren’t covering themselves in glory here.
Do you remember Levy with us? He was one of the first to call out Murray and he was quickly booted out causing Joe Lewis (ENIC) to realise his investment was phucked. Levy is no financial fool.

what style of play is that exactly?
Their yes man manager has said he wants sweeper keepers so the defence can play a high line and the keeper can watch out for balls in behind. Hart isn’t really great at that role and is a reason pep dropped him from City. (As well as him being rubbish). I’d assume that’s that the original poster was alluding to.

Last edited:
Joe Hart will probably end up being one of the better keepers in this league and he isn’t completely washed up but it’s mind boggling to me that they’re interested in him as he’s yet another that won’t fit into their style of play.

Allegedly they can't come up with just 10 weeks of his reported wage.

Heart Stopper

CELTIC are unwilling to pay a transfer fee to Tottenham for goalkeeper Joe Hart, according to reports.

The Hoops were strongly linked with their former target yesterday - with boss Ange Postecoglou desperate for a new No 1.

While Spurs are reportedly wanting a transfer fee of £500,000 for a player who has a year left on his contract, transfer journalist Ekrem Konur insists that the Hoops aren't prepared to sanction that.

Nonetheless, he expects a deal for the player to be completed in the coming days.

Hart is picking up £50,000 a week but is now the North London club's third-choice goalie after the signing of Pierluigi Gollini from Atalanta.
Doesn't the manager want to play with a sweeper keeper?
Pep got rid of Hart as he's crap with the ball at his feet

Hart feels a bit of a panic signing. Hasn’t played a lot, and likely to be on huge wages. Probably better than what they have but seems another fairly short term solution rather than someone will be their keeper for 4 or 5 years. Nowhere near McGregor’s level.

Doesn't the manager want to play with a sweeper keeper?
Pep got rid of Hart as he's crap with the ball at his feet

it’s a good point but would assume Pep standards and Ange standards are very different. Right now they will settle with a keeper who has arms that work!:D

Hart feels a bit of a panic signing. Hasn’t played a lot, and likely to be on huge wages. Probably better than what they have but seems another fairly short term solution rather than someone will be their keeper for 4 or 5 years. Nowhere near McGregor’s level.
I dont think hes being signed for his ability now in the future, basically hes seen as a cheap option which is all they can afford given A) their current financial mess and B) the fact they always look for the cheap option.

Joe Hart is still probably better than the dross thats already there but against such a measurement it may not say much. His panache for mistakes and losing concentration is most welcome and when we play them Id be hitting shots at him from anywhere, everywhere.

I dont think hes being signed for his ability now in the future, basically hes seen as a cheap option which is all they can afford given A) their current financial mess and B) the fact they always look for the cheap option.

Joe Hart is still probably better than the dross thats already there but against such a measurement it may not say much. His panache for mistakes and losing concentration is most welcome and when we play them Id be hitting shots at him from anywhere, everywhere.

In terms of transfer fee he’s a cheap option but in wages he’s not. I’d guess they’d have to pay him a minimum of £30k a week and probably more. I wouldn’t consider that cheap, and would be wanting better for that kind of wage. I think their whole transfer ‘strategy’ is haphazard and there’s not much planning around it, it just feels a bit of a panic to get bodies in.

I’m on same page as you, didn’t rate him much when I last saw him. After years of sitting on a bench I wonder if he’s even near the level he was at then, or has regressed further. He can make great saves and look good but there’s always a mistake in him.

Why would he leave a 50k a week job to got to at 20k a week job, for 1 or maybe 2 seasons? To a loser crackpot club! It make absolutely no sense for the guy. At the end of your career, last few years, you want to make as much as possible, unless you’re messi or Ronaldo. IT MAKES NO SENSE
Isn't that the kind of wage drop that Defoe took to come here? If he wants to play first team football, he'll need to take the drop.

Can't see him being on 50k at Celtic, probably more like half of that (which is still high)

Hart would still be entitled to the terms of his contract regardless?

So Spurs probably looking for a fee to cover some of the money they’ll need to pay Hart for the duration of his contract, in order for him to leave.
Not if he signs a contract elsewhere.

Hart was a decent keeper, not a clue how this will pan out, whether he goes on to be a good acquisition for them remains to be seen, that being said once he starts making the odd fumble here and there(and he does have them in his locker) who will they go for next ? weekly rotation of Bain, Barkas and Hart for the next 2 season's would be comedy gold, throw Hazard in for the Cup games and we have some serious cartoon network on the horizon.

Your joking £500k could run their disco lights for two weeks, priorities mate.

Ange wants to play out from the back with a sweeper keeper so they sign a keeper that is statistically the worst in the league with the ball at his feet. More quality recruitment

Celtic will have 4 keepers on their books, all of them rubbish, with 2 of them on huge wages. Brilliant.

Its weird how they claim their new signings this season have all been 4.5 million, yet their own coach and a player have called them out on not spending and Spurs have made public their unwillingness to spend half a million on a desperately needed keeper.

Is Ange just a big greetin faced, spoiled c*nt? Is Ryan Christie just a trouble maker? Does Levy have an anti irish agenda?

Or... And I know this is wacky and mad... But could they really be spending f*ck all like 4.5 million on each player??

There really doesn't seem to be any sort of organised scouting set up there. Just random players, hoping they fit into Angie's system ( whatever that is , hard to tell at the moment). They are still squandering money without any long term planning, Hart is just the latest desperate effort to convince the hordes that Angie is building a dynasty.

Back