Celtic unwilling to pay any money for Joe Hart

In terms of transfer fee he’s a cheap option but in wages he’s not. I’d guess they’d have to pay him a minimum of £30k a week and probably more. I wouldn’t consider that cheap, and would be wanting better for that kind of wage. I think their whole transfer ‘strategy’ is haphazard and there’s not much planning around it, it just feels a bit of a panic to get bodies in.

I’m on same page as you, didn’t rate him much when I last saw him. After years of sitting on a bench I wonder if he’s even near the level he was at then, or has regressed further. He can make great saves and look good but there’s always a mistake in him.
Theyre basically fishing on the basis that Joe Hart may want to actually play football before he retires and is willing to give up a huge chunk of his wages.

Who wouldnt want to take a wage cut if it meant joining Big Ange for 6 months.

This proposed signing just reeks of fan appeasement; being able to say they have signed the former England international keeper, no matter how shite he may be.

There are better keepers available with little scouting or outlay required.

I hope they keep up this line of thinking throughout their rebuilding. It's hilarious.

I could imagine Hart finding a good Championship club to play for; I'm not going to join those writing off Hart as a bad gk just yet. He would improve them, although their main issue is their defence, although that isn't where their only weaknesses lie, but Hart could be a good signing for them.

If I were a Celtic fan I would be deeply concerned by this signing. It shows no strategy and no link up to how their manager wants to play, again showing their new man is not really making the signings.

He is also a very poor keeper. He can't play out from the back, he is not a sweeper keeper, despite his size has no command of his area, doesn't do well with shots from distance and if you hit a shot to his left good chance it's in. Chip pan to the fire

Hear me out here ... but... surely if Ange / Celtic want a sweeper keeper - they should be looking at a younger keeper as this tactic is a thing of the last 15/20 years (ie back when Klos / Goram et al were running things for us - no one gave a monkeys how good there kicking was just keep the ball out the net)

Surely going by that it would make more sense for them to look at the EPL academies and pick up a keeper from there - even on loan for a season - granted may not be used to high pressure games (realistically they will only have the 4 against us) Europe isnt a thing for them this year.

but instead they want 38 year old - has been on 50k a week joe hart ... shows again how inept there forward planning and transfer strategy is.

This proposed signing just reeks of fan appeasement; being able to say they have signed the former England international keeper, no matter how shite he may be.

I hope they keep up this line of thinking throughout their rebuilding. It's hilarious.
It is a signing that lacks a degree of imagination. We don't know how good Hart would be, but it seems fairly predictable that he is in their thoughts as a gk option.

I spoke to a few Celtic fans in work about it yesterday and pretty much to a man they think Joe Hart would be a) better than Barkas - got to agree b) Still not be good enough c) not as good as Lurch
d) cost a fortune over a 2 year deal (1m fee and id guess conservatively £30k - £35k a week) - so best part of £5m for a 38 year old has been doesn't seem to sit well with the majority.

Theyre basically fishing on the basis that Joe Hart may want to actually play football before he retires and is willing to give up a huge chunk of his wages.

Who wouldnt want to take a wage cut if it meant joining Big Ange for 6 months.
Yeah, that’s definitely what they are hoping for. I believe he’s on £50k a week at Spurs and seems to be comfortable these days as a backup keeper (he knew that’s what he would be when he signed there).

The lure of playing behind a back 4 with Ralston, Welsh, Murray & Taylor must be huge!:D

Would undoubtedly be an improvement on what they've got, but that wouldn't be difficult. Seems strange to me thst they've not made a move for Siegrist at Dundee Utd as he would be available at a fraction of the wages and is probably a better keeper than Hart

There really doesn't seem to be any sort of organised scouting set up there. Just random players, hoping they fit into Angie's system ( whatever that is , hard to tell at the moment). They are still squandering money without any long term planning, Hart is just the latest desperate effort to convince the hordes that Angie is building a dynasty.
The only dynasty in the east is the Desmond Dynasty and by that I mean his full family taking them for a fvckn ride B-) Seen a pic of him at the Galway races during their game sporting a fine blue blazer :)

Keep getting a Liverpool themed song going through my head goes something like this ...In our Parkhead slum. In our Parkhead slum. If you want a sh#t keeper we've got 3 to spare.In our Parkhead slum.All we want is decent No 1 in our Parkhead slum......change our to your & you and opposition fans can sing it to the Tims

I spoke to a few Celtic fans in work about it yesterday and pretty much to a man they think Joe Hart would be a) better than Barkas - got to agree b) Still not be good enough c) not as good as Lurch
d) cost a fortune over a 2 year deal (1m fee and id guess conservatively £30k - £35k a week) - so best part of £5m for a 38 year old has been doesn't seem to sit well with the majority.
Only things I disagree with here is speaking to Celtic fans and his age. Charles Hart is 34, not 38.

If I were a Celtic fan I would be deeply concerned by this signing. It shows no strategy and no link up to how their manager wants to play, again showing their new man is not really making the signings.

He is also a very poor keeper. He can't play out from the back, he is not a sweeper keeper, despite his size has no command of his area, doesn't do well with shots from distance and if you hit a shot to his left good chance it's in. Chip pan to the fire
It would also point to either 1. Angela not having any control over the signing (We’ve got you a former England #1 who’s won leagues and played in Europe!) or 2. Angela being so out of touch with European football that he’s happy to bring in a relatively big name without realising he doesn’t fit his system. Maybe even a bit of both

Isn't that the kind of wage drop that Defoe took to come here? If he wants to play first team football, he'll need to take the drop.

Can't see him being on 50k at Celtic, probably more like half of that (which is still high)
No that’s apples and oranges. Defoe was being paid for 18 months by Bournemouth then signed on a free. He was also at the club so knew the situation.

hart has been out in the cold for the last 4 years, wasn’t good enough at Burnley to command the number one and last 2 years at Tottenham have been a write off.
Yes he used to be an English international but those days are long gone. I hope they sign him, give him £40,000 a week, just another Duffy

If I were a Celtic faan I would be deeply concerned by this signing. It shows no strategy and no link up to how their manager wants to play, again showing their new man is not really making the signings.

But we’re not. So hahahahaha!

Only things I disagree with here is speaking to Celtic fans and his age. Charles Hart is 34, not 38.

Your right ... i thought he was older than that.

sadly speaking to Tims is par for the course in my work - good news is it tends to only be reasonably minded ones ... and not actual yahoos

Big issue here is they need a keeper to be in Edinburgh tomorrow night. They have known that for months. They got a real reminder in Denmark of the urgency and are faffing around on a target that is expensive, a difficult deal to complete and isn’t he right person for the system they want to implement.

So all in all the shambles goes on and it is great to watch.

Already explained this mate.

If Spurs want him to join Celtic and Celtic are offering £30k per week then he is entitled to a payout from Spurs to cover the difference in earnings from his current contract. He has a contract.
Surely it doesn't work like that unless it's a loan deal. If he signs another contract, then that's on him.

This is happening I believe, almost done now. Guy I follow on Twitter is very good with Spurs transfer news and has just tweeted to say it’s only minor details left and he’ll be offski to the Tims.

This is happening I believe, almost done now. Guy I follow on Twitter is very good with Spurs transfer news and has just tweeted to say it’s only minor details left and he’ll be offski to the Tims.

This has the feel of a Senderos under Warburton signing.

Latest posts

Back