Celtic v Hibs in January moved back 2 days without a Hibs agreement, Hibs not happy

So in the middle of a global pandemic they think it’s ok to make an unnecessary journey abroad, risking players, staff etc.

Do they need to isolate on return because surely this isn’t a elite exemption?
Not currently . No quarantine rules for Dubai . You , me, anyone could go on holiday right now if you wanted. If the rules change they will likely cancel

Given their games in hand and temperamental Scottish climate I'd have thought the SPL should be advising them to have their games planned in, rather than wasting 2 midweeks.

Would be a shame to see one of their games postponed over Xmas due to the weather.

We have had a sports psychologist, a players lounge and now an alleged training camp to Dubai. They are desperate!!

It wouldn't surprise me if they were deliberately trying to prevent their games in hand from being played.

When the SPFL called the league last season, they made a big thing about all teams having played 75% of matches (29 games).

Let's say the pandemic gets worse and they have to call the league again this season, using the same criteria. Their trump card may be "ah, but we haven't played 75% of games, so it has to be null and void."

They will manipulate whatever scenario they can and use anything to their benefit.

One or two replies have this nailed.

it will allow them to play one of their game in hand on 6th or 7th January,
"Celtic have told BBC Scotland their request was made "through the proper SPFL process", adding: "with a view to arranging a winter training camp during this particular week......."

Tour of Japan

A spokesperson for Celtic said: “ Celtic can confirm that its match against Hibernianscheduled for the New Year has been moved to Monday 11th January 2021 with a 19:45hrs kick-off”.

“The club, through the proper SPFL process has made this request with a view to arranging a winter training camp during this particular week, something which has proven hugely beneficial to the squad in recent seasons”.

Looks like Dubai rumours were true
The SPFL director of operations Iain Blair said:"As has been the case for the past 22 years, SPFL policy, where two clubs do not agree about a fixture change and in the absence of any other relevant factor, is to favour the home club."

Don't think we've had the SPFL for 22 years Ian.

The Scottish Professional Football League is the national men's association football league in Scotland. The league was formed in June 2013 following a merger between the Scottish Premier League and the Scottish Football League. Wikipedia

Am I overthinking it?

Average Joe can't go visit their gran in England as it won't be deemed "essential" but this team can go a jolly?

I presume it would considered similar to playing an away European tie. They'd be in their own bubble.

My concern is - once again - the ad hoc rules, a weak governing body and one club being able to take advantage of a situation.

If the season is threatened with ending early, the fear is who is making the decisions.

So, we have a pandemic, games getting cancelled and moved, yet the SPFL allow a team to move a game, therefore meaning 2 mid weeks are not available if needed.

So, good, lets hope the beggars have more games to fit in and have to play 4 games in 11 days!

Wonder what happens if they catch COVID as a group, or part of their group ?

They should forfeit that match.

I presume it would considered similar to playing an away European tie. They'd be in their own bubble.

My concern is - once again - the ad hoc rules, a weak governing body and one club being able to take advantage of a situation.

If the season is threatened with ending early, the fear is who is making the decisions.

They’ll be away for a lot longer BB, so with significantly more risk.

We should request the old firm game is moved to Monday 4th - still a public holiday. Apparently if clubs don‘t agree the SPFL has to favour the home club.

I was just thinking that! Hope hibs %^*& them over the next time they’re due at Easter road

sort from a lack of integrity of the two teams not agreeing - it’s an appalling decision to be going to Dubai (or anywhere) currently

It wouldn't surprise me if they were deliberately trying to prevent their games in hand from being played.

When the SPFL called the league last season, they made a big thing about all teams having played 75% of matches (29 games).

Let's say the pandemic gets worse and they have to call the league again this season, using the same criteria. Their trump card may be "ah, but we haven't played 75% of games, so it has to be null and void."

They will manipulate whatever scenario they can and use anything to their benefit.
They are definitely up to something. The circumstances you have just described are most probably the likeliest of their fallback scenarios.

Like getting that OF game pushed back in the hope of gettings fans in, only for COVID to bite them in the arse?

They seem to be on a bit of a losing streak, where things would go for them they dont now, the OF game being the best example.

Am I overthinking it?

Average Joe can't go visit their gran in England as it won't be deemed "essential" but this team can go a jolly?
Well, that's certainly an aspect to it, but there's also the "Sporting Integrity" aspect to it.

One team has "lobbied" the SPFL to move the fixture, despite the explicit and official refusal of their opponents to move the fixture. This would ordinarily stop the fixture from being moved in the same gameweek window if it wasn't being selected for TV.

However, the SPFL have decided to move the fixture in an unprecedented move.

This will make sure that one team will be able to gain an advantage by using state-of-the-art facilities in a warm weather camp overseas (during a pandemic, no less) when their opponents can't.

The SPFL's general secretary Iain Blair has defended the move by basically saying that whilst they were told that Hibs did not want the fixture re-arranged and that they had clearly stated their opposition to the fixture being moved, he decided to move it anyway.

Just normal SPFL stuff in this day and age.

Should there be a league wide demand that all the Saturday program be moved and played on Monday 11th Jan so that no club gets or is seen to get any advantage over the others ?

I mean if they want the window for whatever justifiable reason that ought to be available to all the others - no ?
They know we’ve wobbled after the break the past 2 seasons. Is this them making their move to have a break then declare it’s only fair everybody has a break? It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest.

They going to start their shenanigans no doubt about it. They and their compliance officer will kick off about everything and anything after the old firm game to ramp up the pressure while their team is out the country ignoring any media. They’ve been too quiet so far.

Wondering if the agreement was made behind Dempster's back.

They will be up to something - they are scheming scum. The truth will come out at some point.

At the end of the day it is all about Rangers and what we do - keep our focus and we are unstoppable.

Dumpsters leaving.

Someone above hers agreed to this.

They are definitely up to something. The circumstances you have just described are most probably the likeliest of their fallback scenarios.
Perhaps they are attempting to add an insurance here...
If they drop more points up to and including our game and we continue to do well...they need to go full blown void league scenario. It's the only card they will have left.

Perhaps a handy little impromptu 2 week isolation as they are due back from Dubai will lead to a fixture pile up on top of the existing games in hand they still need to play. The pressure to void will ramp up. With the Euros approaching and with so many players involved, the season can't possibly be extended.

There is always an agenda with these crunts.

I can’t see us wobbling tbh. People were posting on here for weeks at the end of last year that we were scraping through games which turned into our wobble. We’re completely different this year.

Yes we are but we won't win every game. No one does. So we'll have the odd game where we will struggle. Probably on a plastic pitch. It's not a concern for me as I'm confident we will take at least 9 points from the 4 OF games. As I say they need to score 3 to win.

Yes we are but we won't win every game. No one does. So we'll have the odd game where we will struggle. Probably on a plastic pitch. It's not a concern for me as I'm confident we will take at least 9 points from the 4 OF games. As I say they need to score 3 to win.
I’m expecting us to drop some points for sure but I’m expecting them to drop more and especially to us as you say.

I’m expecting us to drop some points for sure but I’m expecting them to drop more and especially to us as you say.

Here's the thing mate. In OF games the goalkeeper is the most important thing. Both teams will have chances. Our two are pretty reliable. Their two are pretty shit couple that with our midfield superiority and never mind 9 points we could take all 12.

Sacking Lennon and bringing in Pep or Klopp could not topple us. They are a defensive shambles and their talisman Brown is ďone. Christie (Good player) and McGregor (Good player) want out. All the French guys can't get their heads round all this shite that's going on.

Unless Covid hits us for 6 the titles ours.

And I'm usually a no celebrating until it's done.

Aye we're a good team but they are a phuckin shambles.

Ten years ago they came to Ibrox at new year. Out of the 50k inside the stadium not a single person gave then a chance and they won. Aye even their own scabby mob.

Not this time. We will phuckin murder them.

Back