Match Thread ** Celtic v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday 29th - Sky Sports **

I expect another disappointment.These players just don’t have the mentality to beat the filth.One can only hope the lego eating bastard gets smashed into oblivion.

The Filth will be nervous, all the pressure’s on them.
Could be our chance to ruin their day and then let the tim on tim commence.

Unfortunately, I don`t think they will be one bit nervous. On the contrary, I think they will be bubbling with confidence and thinking they only have to turn up to clinch the title - and that could be their real weakness!

I sincerely hope so, anyway. WATP

Someone put me out my misery and tell me the team with Hodson at right back and Tav in midfield is bullshit?

After watching this squad crumble under pressure too many times I have no confidence in getting a result today. I’ll be honest my concern after the cup semi is how much we get beat by. I just want this season to end and hopefully the board manage to clear the decks again and fund another rebuild.

I have to say I would actually be tempted to put...... wait for it as I know I will get pelters..... Windass at left back.
He has pace and Working with Murphy could offer us an attacking defensive option to help try to nullify Forrest.
Then you are able to find room for another midfield player.
What a waste of data on a server somewhere....

The most idiotic comment I’ve read in a while on any topic.

The mentally challengeds will be going there expecting a walkover. Sometimes situations like that have a way of biting back. Let's see what the day delivers. Come on the 'Gers. We'll be ready for them!

If Hodson is playing RB and Halliday LB which I can understand but not Hodson looks like Murty is doing his best for them today giving his beloved team a helping hand.

Pride that's what we're playing for today win a must, back to 2cnd above Dolly and those horrible bastards don't win the league today and someone take out mongo

Just sing your hearts out bears.

Regardless of what happens on the park.

We’re winning nothing with a back 5 of Anwick, Tav, Martin, McCrorrie and Halliday.

And Josh Windass won’t contribute much when he’s not in possession of the football.

This team don’t care enough to surprise us.

I
I saw this on twitter, guy is adamant this is the team.

Alnwick

Tav
Martin
McCrorie
Halliday

Docherty
Dorrans

Murphy
Windass
Candeias

Cummings

Can`t see Docherty playing, rather than Holt, who was outstanding against Hearts and I wouldn`t rule John out - a fractured wrist, if true, is easily strapped, even as a temporary measure, and painkilling injections are readily available nowadays.

The prospect of Halliday against Forrest and/or Roberts is causing me some anxiety, to put it mildly. No harm to the guy, I know he`s a true blue, but he simply isn`t good enough for us, in any position. Actually, I would rather see young Beerman playing at left back than Halliday, although I`m not even sure he would be eligible.

Whoever plays, let`s hope they do themselves, the club and the supporters proud.

I have a feeling young Rossiter might have a role to play today, possibly from the bench. It may be too early for the boy, but he possesses combative qualities that we could really do with against this mob.

Not sure what the situation is with Cardoso, but one way of getting a team without having to play Hodson, is to try going to 3-4-3. Could this setup work for us ?
Alnwick,
Cardoso
McCrorie
Martin.
Tav
Holt
Dorrans
Halliday.
Candeias
Cummings
Murphy.

Sadly he is starting.

image.png

Can shake the feeling that we will put in a great performance today and finally get a result. Maybe foolish, but had this feeling for a couple of days.

Do not leave that pitch today with any less than 100% commitment given. That is the very LEAST we ask of you. Yous have the backing of the biggest and best support in the land. You owe us and the jersey a performance boys, step up and play.

Someone put me out my misery and tell me the team with Hodson at right back and Tav in midfield is bullshit?
No no no no!! Please fuckin no!! Hodson is the worst player I have ever seen wear a Rangers jersey and Tav is bad enough in fuckin defence!! Hodson can't play. Surely not!#

Murty is a prick who imo won't drop buffalo for Cummings as far as I'm concerned, further proving he's a prick, however see all this Hodson plays, Tav midfield and Halliday left back pish that can all go and %^*&!! Not a chance!!

Need a lad like Holt in there to dictate the kind of fight we need today. Hopefully Cummings gets a start.

I’ve seen numerous games now where Holt has been posted missing like every other player against their midfield.

Don’t get the clamour for Holt over anyone else at all.

Cummings just has to start he’s the confidence player, but if hodson is starting that’s 2 goals shipped straight away meaning, 3-2 Rangers today :cool:

DJ wrist must be pretty fecked. As above injections and a cast surely. It's the end of the season and we are playing our biggest rivals. I think quite a lot of us would take the needle and get out there

Jesus Christ!!! That defence is horrific, it could be a cricket score.
Swap Morelos with Cummings and that’s the team, sadly

Hodson is an embarrassment of a player, that defence is shocking and I can’t even work out what formation we’re supposed to be playing

Murty should walk for even selecting that team

Back