Match Thread Celtic v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
JUeEO7T.png

Can’t wait for this one, been thinking of nothing else since the game finished on Thursday.

Just wish I’d saved some finger nails to bite, gonna have sore fingers come late afternoon. o_O

Come on Rangers!! #letsgo

McGregor
Tav
Goldson
Katic
Barisic
Jack
Coulibaly
Ejaria
Candieas
Lafferty
Kent

Or Arfield if coulibaly doesn’t make it is my guess. Think it really shows how well ejaria has been doing recently that he is maybe edging ahead of Arfield

We can unleash a fired up Morelos on 60 minutes, he has to learn and Lafferty is on fire against that lot at the moment

Here's hoping we go there and get the 3 points. Momentum seems to be all with us and they appear to be in turmoil. A victory tomorrow really would lay down a marker and let them know that they'll have a real title challenge this year.

If I'm honest, I will be happy to come away with our unbeaten record intact. A tad negative I know, especially when they appear to be in a bit of turmoil, but I'd settle for the draw right now on the back of that looooooong trip to Russia.

They still have a good squad and they’re very experienced in these games.

I’d take a draw if offered right now, but hoping and looking for more.

I hope fans can keep the heid if things don’t go to plan, and realise how far we’ve come.

Last edited:
Interesting that there may be some insight to be gained from the manager's words yesterday, about how they will want to start off quick and in that sense what we will be up against. Sir Alex Ferguson always thought that the way to play Liverpool at Anfield was to play it tight and frustrate the crowd, which in turn would affect the opposition; perhaps Gerrard's thinking is along the same lines. We will need to be very disciplined and fully focused for this, and perhaps as the match goes on may find ourselves with more spaces etc. Not losing a goal will be the focus in the manager's thinking I'd imagine; it will be a very tight game possibly.

Interesting that there may be some insight to be gained from the manager's words yesterday, about how they will want to start off quick and in that sense what we will be up against. Sir Alex Ferguson always thought that the way to play Liverpool at Anfield was to play it tight and frustrate the crowd, which in turn would affect the opposition; perhaps Gerrard's thinking is along the same lines. We will need to be very disciplined and fully focused for this, and perhaps as the match goes on may find ourselves with more spaces etc. Not losing a goal will be the focus in the manager's thinking I'd imagine; it will be a very tight game possibly.
Counterpoint - their weak point is undoubtably their defence - I could see us going high press and trying to expose Lustig, Gamboa et al. This could be 0-0 or 2-2 as easy - will be fascinating to see Gerard’s tactics, bet he’s been mulling this one over for months.

Alfie's red card on Sunday might just have been a blessing in disguise -

Spared a physical hour in his legs, and surely bursting to make amends. If we can take the game by the throat early on we could really punish them as their hordes of orcs will turn on them instantly. However if like Motherwell and Ufa we shoot ourselves in the foot and allow them time, space and territory, it could be a long afternoon for those tired legs.

Head 1-1

Heart 3-0, Morelos, Lafferty and Goldson

Let's fuckin do it

I can see Big Katić scoring. Set play, ball in from Borna. His celebration would be mental. Hopefully to win us the game late on.

Would love a 2-1 win (Lafferty, Katić) but head says 2-2 more likely, and I'd be happy with that.

I think set pieces will be vital tomorrow, suspect they will batter us for the vast majority of the game as they've shown in recent years at Parkhead but we get a set piece, turn the swing of the game, hit them on the counter, score and also get a last minute winner.

Pitch invasion ontop of selling Dembele = Timplosion

Counterpoint - their weak point is undoubtably their defence - I could see us going high press and trying to expose Lustig, Gamboa et al. This could be 0-0 or 2-2 as easy - will be fascinating to see Gerard’s tactics, bet he’s been mulling this one over for months.
It's a good point, and last season we didn't exploit their weakness enough; frustratingly so at Hampden in th semi.

I can see Big Katić scoring. Set play, ball in from Borna. His celebration would be mental. Hopefully to win us the game late on.

Would love a 2-1 win (Lafferty, Katić) but head says 2-2 more likely, and I'd be happy with that.
hoping for a last min winner more than a hammering the world's eyes will be on this game even more so than usual on sunday and nothing surer than they animals showing thier true colours if they lose that way :) ad take either tho as long as we get points even one it will be a good result imo after the amount of games we've had and specially Thursday cos we were 2 men down for a good bit of the game hoping we really hurt them on Sunday man :)

They will raise their game tomorrow against us nothing surer, But we've finally got a team with a bit of steel in it, So Celtic won't get it all their own way finally after many Old Games that have frankly been a disaster for us

I think it will be a draw tomorrow and it certainly won't be the end of the world if we get beat tomorrow but it's nice to be looking forward to the game tomorrow knowing we can compete

my money would be on a draw if Im being honest. After our recent sojourn tiredness must becoming a factor. I can see us running on fumes toward the end of this

The mentally challenged team for tomorrow has apparently been leaked on social media:

Gordon, Lustig, Boyata, Ajer, Tierney, Brown, Ntcham, Rogic, Forrest, McGregor, Eduoard

No surprises really if true.

The mentally challenged team for tomorrow has apparently been leaked on social media:

Gordon, Lustig, Boyata, Ajer, Tierney, Brown, Ntcham, Rogic, Forrest, McGregor, Eduoard

That could be a 3 at the back or a 4-5-1

I’d be going 4-5-1:

McGregor
Tav Goldson katic flannigan
Candias Arfield jack Ejaria Barisic
Morelos

Leave a combo of Middleton, Coulibaly, Mccrorie, Halliday, Wallace, Worrall, Kent, foderingham on bench. (Assuming Grezda not fit)

If we need to open up can take flannigan/candias off and bring on Lafferty and Kent.

those 3 have to be gotten at

however, IMO it will be won and lost in midfield

Jack Ejaria Arfield anyone of those are off it we'll be under all sorts of pressure

Rod Stewart fkpig that he is, cancelled his show in Reno during the week. Panic is setting in amongst them. He felt ill, hopefully it is serious.
Rangers to edge a win

Feeling mellow and confident today...no doubt my stomach and arsehole will be falling out on Sunday morning..

We have to go right at that CB pairing again and again and they'll crumble, they are chronic.

Mon the Gers, just do it............please.

We have waited a long time for this chance to put them in their place.

Get right into them Rangers, their defence isn't up to the job, don't give them time to settle.

Mon the Gers, just do it...........please.

Quite a few sticking Coulibaly in their starting 11.

Does anyone know if he has a realistic chance of starting tomorrow?

Hearts were able to do it, Lego Muncher doesn't appear to be firing on all cylinders, who is the channel for them playing well or not, and their defense is questionable.

I'm going to say 1-2. Us 2 up at half time, with them scoring late in the second, us being under the kosh and battling our way to a super hard fought victory. A victory made even sweeter because everything they threw at us we batted away.

They still have a good squad and they’re very experienced in these games.

I’d take a draw if offered right now, but hoping looking for more.

I hope fans can keep the heid if things don’t go to plan, and realise how far we’ve come.

This. They have a much more settled squad than us and, like you say, they are experienced in these games.
Also, the Bheast's camp may be in disarray, but you can bet they will be every inch fired up for this game as we are. They'll want to send out a message after our good start and all the press Gerrard has been getting.
If we do lose, we need to keep calm. We've got the break after this game and then a decent run of fixtures to get the momentum back again. We can also look forward to Coulibaly back and Grezda featuring.

Back