Match Thread Celtic v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

Tavanier was awful, Morelos was mostly a non-factor who failed to finish and SG was... clueless really. Why not start some rested players? Why not go for their weak defense? Why not take the game to them? Why sit back and get outplayed? Frustrating.
Im sure you know more about football tactics than gerrard. I dont know how you can think he is clueless to be honest.

Well, I'm glad I got it on RTV because seeing the replays on Sky made me glad we couldn't hear that lot.

We are much improved in defence, but where are our goals coming from?

Nobody to bring on from the bench to score. Candeias should have been on earlier.

McGregor man of the match...again.

The referee? Well, we knew and now Gerrard definitely knows.

Uh-huh, ok then. As i said if you read my posts you'll see that i was agreeing with you for the most part but we'll leave it at that.
Nae bother if you could keep on topic it would be a big plus instead of bringing in absolute pish to back up any relevant information you may think you have...best of luck.

A wee reality check. 6 debuts , a tough game on Thursday with nine men, a flight back from Russia with players suffering dehydration. There is no way these players could play an open attacking game. It was about containment and we very nearly did it. My only criticism is the lateness of substitutions. The fixture list for the first part of the season looked tough yet with a wee bit of luck and better refs we could have won 3 and drawn today. So now it’s a break and the manager can work with his squad.
I am as disappointed as anyone but the season has hardly started. There will be a lot of unexpected results for all teams to come.
Onwards

2 from 9 away from home. We need a big change there or we've no chance of the league. It's alright saying we lost injury time goals but sitting on a one goal lead is dangerous. We need to be more adventurous away.

2 from 9 away from home. We need a big change there or we've no chance of the league. It's alright saying we lost injury time goals but sitting on a one goal lead is dangerous. We need to be more adventurous away.

For me, part of the problem is the defence and McGregor hoofing the ball forwards all the time.
Mix it up a little and play out the back sometimes. We're just gifting the opposition possession.
For me the weakest apart of the spine is still CM. Coulibaly coming back will help that. But we're still missing a playmaker who can hold on to the ball and play creative passes.

Tavanier was awful, Morelos was mostly a non-factor who failed to finish and SG was... clueless really. Why not start some rested players? Why not go for their weak defense? Why not take the game to them? Why sit back and get outplayed? Frustrating.

Pleez don't try and refer to the gaffer as not having more than a plan A, coz that will be what you are alluding to and he will have.

Yesterday we played not to be overrun as in the last 8 contests mibbees against this mob.

The midfield were lost yesterday due to tiredness from Thursday, but we did say this in a thread when ufc beat progres we were worried this would be the case which it turned out to be.

I have much more confidence in this pool of players gettin us back on track in the coming months.

The draw for Europa will also be a factor in our league form after these games. We won't win all the league group section but we'll gie it a right good fuukin try.

A wee reality check. 6 debuts , a tough game on Thursday with nine men, a flight back from Russia with players suffering dehydration. There is no way these players could play an open attacking game. It was about containment and we very nearly did it. My only criticism is the lateness of substitutions. The fixture list for the first part of the season looked tough yet with a wee bit of luck and better refs we could have won 3 and drawn today. So now it’s a break and the manager can work with his squad.
I am as disappointed as anyone but the season has hardly started. There will be a lot of unexpected results for all teams to come.
Onwards
Drawn today? I think there is some delusion in our support, I really do. If they didn’t take that chance they’d have taken another. We were backs to the wall and barely threatened. There was a gulf in ability and it wasn’t because we were tired. Don’t forget they played on Thursday night too - people are conveniently forgetting that.

Drawn today? I think there is some delusion in our support, I really do. If they didn’t take that chance they’d have taken another. We were backs to the wall and barely threatened. There was a gulf in ability and it wasn’t because we were tired. Don’t forget they played on Thursday night too - people are conveniently forgetting that.
I am not saying we deserved a draw, only saying we could have sneaked one. I’ve been to many games over the decades where we have been pummelled yet got a result. I remember Andy goram saving us at Aberdeen.

I am not saying we deserved a draw, only saying we could have sneaked one. I’ve been to many games over the decades where we have been pummelled yet got a result. I remember Andy goram saving us at Aberdeen.

As someone else wrote " we could of played for 4 days and still wouldn't of scored" bang on the money. The thing we are lacking is a winning mentality going in to these games. They know how to win. People on here saying the ones moaning have to look at the "big" picture. It's fucking Celtic and we lost. If you want to win the league you have to win these games.

Watching the highlights back, yes we rode our luck but I’ll tell you what a little more composure from Alfie or tav and arfield has the same type of chance that they scored from!

IMHO SG called it all wrong today. We should have pressed them and they would have folded. Sitting off them and inviting them to attack was asking for trouble. Let's hope this is a lesson learned.
Thats what i thought .but only he will know the reasons why he went with thetactics we did.

We have also had one of the most challenging starts to any season. Three away league games, an away game in League Cup and for good measure eight euro games thrown in. As much as it is hard to take on days like today, we have to learn to be a bit more patient both with the team and the manager. He will make more mistakes, what we as a support need to do is support him fully and hope he learns quickly how to deal with games like today.
We are rangers mate.we dn,t fear teams like aberdeen ,motherwell or even celtic.
In the aberdeen game the ref costus.but the motherwell and celtic games were down to poor tactics .

Back