Match Thread Celtic v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

Maybe our standards are dropping but it was hardly fantastic. The tims we’re not competing physically for most of the 2nd, as they were not prepared to tackle and risk getting a player sent off - which they probably felt was the only way we get back in. They allowed us to play in effect, expecting us to lose a goal in a break.
Little chance of Madden sending off one of their players mate.

It is hard to know how to react to that game. Morelos screwed it for us so early that it is hard to criticise too many other than him. I would certainly have liked to have seen how that game would have gone 11 v 11 for 90 minutes. A lot of what we did in the second half was very pleasing. Given the hand Morelos dealt him, I though Gerrard got his tactics pretty close to spot on.

I thought Tav was pretty much best man on the park - apart from his inexplicable howler. Gut wrenching.

On the bright side, that Celtic team really is not a great team. I desperately hope that they delude themselves into believing (a) that they do have a great team and (b) that Lennon is the man for the managerial job.

We really aren’t that far away. Gerrard sees the issues and knows that we need to spend good money on two of three difference makers. Do that and i’ll take our chances next season no problem at all.

Goodness knows what we do with Morelos. I’d still love him to stay rather than us cash in on him. But he really does need to wise up. That was not acceptable today.

He has and continues to make basic errors in a good number of the ‘big games’ we play.

He’s not captain material and we should accept any half decent offer we get and move on.
Would have probably been 4 down with no out ball had we played Flanagan in his place

We are 13 poin

so what. We have been unlucky not gubbed.

Last year at the piggery we were gubbed 5-0

we are getting closer.

Take the luck out of it and I can take many points of that celtic lead by 90 minutes goals and many points on our tally by 90 minutes goals.

The truth is we are getting closer, just need to learn to play for 90 minuts and keep concentrations levels at this point focussed, like the bheggars do. We have certainly NOT been gubbed by any team in the SPFL this season. WE ARE GETTING CLOSER despite the point margins.

See here your coming from with this mate.but the point I was trying to make is if Brown does it then it's either nothing or a yellow card .morelos does it then it's a red card.think you see where I,m coming with this.
The spotlight is on Alfredo - he should fuckin know this. Refs are c¥nts in this country - there is a mega star in there (somewhere) and this shitty country will regret it when he has gone.

And if you dont agree, away and read up on the negative publicity that the media potray, it is obvious you feed on it.

I have no doubt we will beat this mhob at Ibrox. Too date here are the facts

lost 1-0 at the Piggery
won 1-0 at Ibrox
Lost 2-1 at the Piggery

No matter what knee jerk reactions we may get, we are getting closer. Not fast enough for some (thats fine), but we are certainly not going backward. Press, Media and all the other negative publicity seem to have got Rangers fans turning on their own.
Couldn't give 2 %^*& s right in sirry to say. %^*& all to play for. Was at Parkhead in 87 when they won. Haha. Meant SFA

Watching that second half performance i hope that wee lady's front bottom Lennon gets that job next season.

We are a few quality players away in certain positions to have a right good go next season, we had them by the throat with 10 men in the second half today and didn’t deserve to lose.

And as for Brown surely questions need to be asked of his conduct. 3 separate incidents involving 3 different players and he was the centre piece of it all. Will no doubt have nothing to answer for yet again.

Classless mentally challenged scumbag

Frustrating to lose that, especially to a mistake. I'm not cross with the manager or the 10 plus subs though. Thought they were superb when Morelos went off. We were unlucky not win it. The gap has reduced again. If we can get some quality through the door in summer it's going to be interesting.

Couldn't give 2 %^*& s right in sirry to say. %^*& all to play for. Was at Parkhead in 87 when they won. Haha. Meant SFA

Speak for yourself.....smashing this scum club on the field always means something to me and I hope we absolutely batter them in the final game.

It is hard to know how to react to that game. Morelos screwed it for us so early that it is hard to criticise too many other than him. I would certainly have liked to have seen how that game would have gone 11 v 11 for 90 minutes. A lot of what we did in the second half was very pleasing. Given the hand Morelos dealt him, I though Gerrard got his tactics pretty close to spot on.

I thought Tav was pretty much best man on the park - apart from his inexplicable howler. Gut wrenching.

On the bright side, that Celtic team really is not a great team. I desperately hope that they delude themselves into believing (a) that they do have a great team and (b) that Lennon is the man for the managerial job.

We really aren’t that far away. Gerrard sees the issues and knows that we need to spend good money on two of three difference makers. Do that and i’ll take our chances next season no problem at all.

Goodness knows what we do with Morelos. I’d still love him to stay rather than us cash in on him. But he really does need to wise up. That was not acceptable today.
They might not be a great team pal but they’re 13 points ahead of us a basically secured the league title.

This leaves us where ???

Two things cost us the points today..............

Morelos' red card

How cheaply we gave the ball away.

How many times did we just pass the ball straight to a Dhim player - or to one of our own who was immediately under pressure because it was the ‘wrong’ pass? Frustrated the Hell out of me the whole game and, ultimately, led to two abysmal goals against us.

My immediate thoughts -

I’ll wait till the red mist has cleared re Morelos.

But those c*nts were on the ropes. They were there for the taking. We should have beaten them today and even with 10 men we should have done it.

Also, Brown is an horrible, dirty rat bastard. He has no game. Just arrogance and a big mouth.

What Tavernier did was unforgivable, no fucking excuses. Fed up with him and his brain farts when marking players, passing the ball in important games.
Has cost us cup wins and getting closer to this scum.

As for Morelos, I have no words for what he did.
Sorry mate, my original response to your post was wrong to have a go at you. Just gutted at losing a game to them that I thought we were going to win

Nobody can slate us at all in that match . The better side lost imo. All be it we were stroked with Morelos being red carded. Just fucking scum at their work as usual. I can guarantee the league is ours next year

Morelos costs us 3 points there. Sheer stupidity. He’s the one in great positions later in the game when we’ve got those chances.

Hope his stock doesn’t decrease too much further between now and the summer.

Madden could not wait to send him off.

Proud of the other players though, they gave it everything. WATP
Before he went off he had done nothing, pushed off the ball and beaten in the air

Mate , it has been part of our game since I started watching 50+ years ago!

And JG and Forsyth were world champions at off the ball slaps.

I actually wonder at times if guys on here have ever played a game of football.

It's an OF game. You bite and cheat and don't play fair. Only thing that matters is winning.

We had them rattled and they didn't know what to do but like so many times this year, never went for the kill!
If Alfie plays the full game, well............

They might not be a great team pal but they’re 13 points ahead of us a basically secured the league title.

This leaves us where ???

It leaves where I thought it would second which any football man would acknowledge,what were you expecting us to win the league jeez go have a lie down mate it's just not as simple as you think,we are getting there and next season should see us take the league.

We are closer, no doubting that.
BUT, we have a real split-personality thing where we can go from 3/10 to 8/10 and back down to 4/10 in the same game !
Inconsistency, making stupid passing decisions and just not bloody concentrating have cost us dear, not just today but for the last few seasons.
I like Tav when he's going forward, he's scared to shoot a lot of the time but he creates good chances, and when 1 v 1 defending he's ok, but he switches off so many times it's frightening. He's not reliable, therefore not a captain.
Morelos I've defended and stayed positive about, but that today was fokking stupidity. How many times ? For me he really has cost us this season, yes hes targeted, who WOULDN'T target a player that easy to rile up ?
Goodson & Worrall have been up & down all season, maybe too early to be making a judgment on Goldson but I'm not reassured when the ball comes into our box that he'll deal with it.
Worrall, fokking Worrall....concentrating fully he's ok. Far too many attempts at being Beckenbauer though, his passing is no better than Bates was (and he got pelters for it).
Jack looked off it, even when we were in the ascendancy, but I suspect his foot injury is still plaguing him.
Arfield was our best performer of the 1st half, kept going when we picked it up in the 2nd and can't really be faulted. McCrorie looked like he hadn't played in ages in the 1st half, stepped up the effort in the 2nd but was not as dominant at 2nd balls like he was at Ibrox. Needs more games.
Halliday played ok (ish), delivery into the box was a bit iffy & he got really into it in the 2nd.

We are still a work in progress, everybody (including me) needs to remember it. This season has gone, it's now about securing 2nd, gubbing them at Ibrox and getting ready to offload/recruit well in the summer.
A season that promised much, just too inconsistent and flaky
(especially in the "championship" minutes).

It leaves where I thought it would second which any football man would acknowledge,what were you expecting us to win the league jeez go have a lie down mate it's just not as simple as you think,we are getting there and next season should see us take the league.
I never expected us to win the league.

I did expect us not to capitulate, in such dramatic fashion, against minor teams.

Of anything it's an indictment on the players mentality. Done absolutely nothing when we were down 1-0 then had a man sent off. There was no pressure on them so we upped our game. If we had started with the same attitude we would not have lost the game and probably won it

This leaves us where ???
With some ground to make up for sure next season. But the gap between us and them feels for the first time in a while that it is capable of being closed in a single transfer window.

Morelos costs us 3 points there. Sheer stupidity. He’s the one in great positions later in the game when we’ve got those chances.

Hope his stock doesn’t decrease too much further between now and the summer.

Madden could not wait to send him off.

Proud of the other players though, they gave it everything. WATP

Stevie Wonder would have sent him off mate he’s a very good player but equally a liability. I’d drop him now until the end of the season and sell IF we can still get big money for him.

How can we say we are getting closer.

Our form, and results against the top teams this season have been dreadful,

We have a lot to be thankful for when we resigned McGregor.

Much better second half, 2 avoidable goals, that should be the last time Morelos plays for us, he's a liability, his value goes down the more he plays

Speak for yourself.....smashing this scum club on the field always means something to me and I hope we absolutely batter them in the final game.
Fair play pal. Just gutted now and spewing. Fucking sick as %^*& could sum.ut up. Fucked r7ght fuck8ng off in all truth

was he poor today? He misplaced a pace that he expect would have been met by Goldson as we were on the offensive not defensive.
He was 15 yards short with the feken thing, no need even to play it back, he could have turned and went up the park with the ball, doesn’t matter how good a game he had(and I thought he was average) he cost us that game and for that he deserves to take all the flack getting thrown at him. I,ve said on here before on his day going forward he is a good attacking player, he is a poor defending full back though and never captain material.

Not good enough. Yes we rallied a bit but we only got back into the game because of their complacency. We could have been going in at half time 2 or 3 down had it not been for Mcgregor. Shambles of a performance in the 1st half. As for Morelos, just sell him in the summer. He simply doesn't have the mentality to play in these games. That's 8 games against them he's done nothing. Take a good bid and bring in 2 or 3 quality players with the money
Morelos is the main the reason we’re second and the reason we’re not first

He was 15 yards short with the feken thing, no need even to play it back, he could have turned and went up the park with the ball, doesn’t matter how good a game he had(and I thought he was average) he cost us that game and for that he deserves to take all the flack getting thrown at him. I,ve said on here before on his day going forward he is a good attacking player, he is a poor defending full back though and never captain material.

if your on the blame game, what about Morelos, What about Candeias pass for their first. What about no taclikng and allowing them to get shots away. Anyone can blame someone as a scape goat. We win, loose as a team. It was unfortunate. I see you forget to mention him in the build up to our goal too. Get off his back. Certainly did not cost us the game. Was part of it, thats all.

Stevie Wonder would have sent him off mate he’s a very good player but equally a liability. I’d drop him now until the end of the season and sell IF we can still get big money for him.

I was watching on skygo so had a slight delay. Received a text ‘fvcking idiot’. Just the two words - I knew what was coming.

But where would we be without his goals? Chicken or egg scenario.

The difference is that whilst there are many decent strikers (maybe not quite as good as Morelos), they wouldn't have the absolutely pathetic disciplinary record so, on balance, I hope we are able to offload him in the upcoming window.

Last edited:
in fact I will comment! all the absolute rockets calling for our manager to be sacked when the mhankies scored should be banned from the board in order to have a good think about where we might be if we did! We let our manager get on with getting us back to where we belong! If you think that you get one season then your out, then we will unfortunately be in this situation for years to come

Be careful what you wish for, if I was to say to you we have a right back option, with England Youth and full international honours, European experience, Premier League appearances with man of the match displays hailed by Jürgen Klopp...that's Flanagan! He is fucking terrible!! Selling Tav or hanging him out to dry doesn't solve the issues and bringing somebody else in certainly doesn't guarantee you any improvements going forward

Sorry but Tav, no matter how many assists and penalty conversions and offtimes poor ball delivery, he is a liability at right back and until we shore up RB we wont really make progress - Start him in midfield if you will, but we regularly see criticism of right centre back ( whoever ) who is marking his man but who can't also be expected to cover for an absentee RB who is jogging back from the top end of the pitch ?

First things first !

Sorry but Tav, no matter how many assists and penalty conversions and offtimes poor ball delivery, he is a liability at right back and until we shore up RB we wont really make progress - Start him in midfield if you will, but we regularly see criticism of right centre back ( whoever ) who is marking his man but who can't also be expected to cover for an absentee RB who is at the top end of the pitch ?

First things first !
I agree mate, wholeheartedly! Enough is enough and maybe a more forward role would suit everyone BUT at the moment a poor Tav with slack passing and poor positional awareness is still easily our best Right Back.

Probably the best I’ve ever felt after an OF defeat. Fantastic in the second half, better team and could’ve won it. Just glad we didn’t go down with a whimper. If this is the best Neil Lennon’s Celtic have got, bring them on next season.

Agree with you mate. Whatever anyone says I don't think we are very far behind them - no doubt they will try to strengthen but so will we.
As for Morelos, can't argue he's got a short fuse but he must be so frustrated that inferior players get a free pass to niggle at him time after time with no action taken by a referee. Maybe if the refs issued a few justifiable yellow cards to his antagonists he would feel no reason to retaliate. Anyway I like the guy and hope we can keep him for another season; we'll not likely see better than him for a season or two till we qualify for the Champions League unless we can uncover a talented youngster that others have overlooked.

My main frustration with our team is the dreadful passing we see game after game. This is obvious to we supporters and must surely be something that is hammered in training - why we don't seem to improve in this respect is a mystery. Fingers crossed for an improvement here from now on.

Back