MOTM Poll Celtic v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
I’ve never posted before. Never felt the need to. For the past several years, I’ve been more than happy to lurk in the background of FF, mostly laughing at the bizarre, ridiculous and witty stuff this place regularly throws up. Today, however, is different…

Out of nowhere, I lost my old man last year. As staunch as anyone - and another avid lurker on FF - our conversations would mostly be taken up with discussions about Rangers or, quite often, whatever we’d both seen on FF through the week! Unfortunately, I never got the chance to say a proper goodbye to him but, if I had the chance, I’d thank him for making me a bear. Growing up in the East of England, I now realise this couldn’t have been easy but he managed it with regular trips to Ibrox, buying me kits, and buying me dvds/videotapes for me to watch (over and over again). He once told me that “W.A.T.P” was one of the first things he said to me and, if things went as I hope they did, it was one of the last things he heard. Since his passing, we’ve had big games but I feel this is one of the biggest and it makes me miss him even more.

I was trying to explain to guys at work today what tomorrow means and what being a Rangers fan is all about. With only Norwich and Ipswich as their nearest reference point, with a healthy dose of English footballing arrogance and ignorance, and with being in their mid-20s like me (and not knowing about, for example, the 90s team) they did nothing but laugh and make the usual comments about Scottish football and making comparisons to other English derbies. I gave up in the end. Besides, how can I explain to someone that nervous feeling in the stomach before an old firm match? A feeling which comes about from a lifetime of following a club you’ve been steeped in, and knowing there’s millions of fans around the world going through the same thing! But, I guess that’s the thing; being a Ranger’s fan is in your blood, in your bones. I’ll be forever grateful to have that.

I’m quietly confident for tomorrow and I believe we’ve got something really happening at Rangers at the moment.

I might return to the lurking shadows and this might be my only post but:

‘W.A.T.P’
Raising a glass to your dad my friend! What a fitting performance today, we were excellent. Sure your dad was looking down on us thinking, ffs this is easy!

WATP....enjoy your night

I’ve never posted before. Never felt the need to. For the past several years, I’ve been more than happy to lurk in the background of FF, mostly laughing at the bizarre, ridiculous and witty stuff this place regularly throws up. Today, however, is different…

Out of nowhere, I lost my old man last year. As staunch as anyone - and another avid lurker on FF - our conversations would mostly be taken up with discussions about Rangers or, quite often, whatever we’d both seen on FF through the week! Unfortunately, I never got the chance to say a proper goodbye to him but, if I had the chance, I’d thank him for making me a bear. Growing up in the East of England, I now realise this couldn’t have been easy but he managed it with regular trips to Ibrox, buying me kits, and buying me dvds/videotapes for me to watch (over and over again). He once told me that “W.A.T.P” was one of the first things he said to me and, if things went as I hope they did, it was one of the last things he heard. Since his passing, we’ve had big games but I feel this is one of the biggest and it makes me miss him even more.

I was trying to explain to guys at work today what tomorrow means and what being a Rangers fan is all about. With only Norwich and Ipswich as their nearest reference point, with a healthy dose of English footballing arrogance and ignorance, and with being in their mid-20s like me (and not knowing about, for example, the 90s team) they did nothing but laugh and make the usual comments about Scottish football and making comparisons to other English derbies. I gave up in the end. Besides, how can I explain to someone that nervous feeling in the stomach before an old firm match? A feeling which comes about from a lifetime of following a club you’ve been steeped in, and knowing there’s millions of fans around the world going through the same thing! But, I guess that’s the thing; being a Ranger’s fan is in your blood, in your bones. I’ll be forever grateful to have that.

I’m quietly confident for tomorrow and I believe we’ve got something really happening at Rangers at the moment.

‘W.A.T.P’
For a first post that is really going to be hard to beat , sums up the feelings of so many of us

that was the easiest against that shower I can remember since we beat them at Ibrox 2-0 at new year in 87 and souness ripped the piss out of them, been on the beers all day and a little sentimental now ,but its the greatest feeling in the world when our team has just laid one on that rancid mob,WATP

its not even 6 o clock and I'm off my crackers. Im doing the partners nut in.
I know what you mean for I don't normally drink in the house as I prefer the pub , in fact since lockdown started back in March I did not have a drink in the hoose , well let's just say that no drinkin in the hoose has gone oot the windae .YAAAAASSSS

Under Gerrard we’ve thrown the kitchen sink at this fixture and “Left it all on the park”.

Today we went to Celtic Park and managed the game in a professional manner.

That was another step up the ladder.

Agree we could of gone even more and shuddered them but we were professional and made sure no errors were made. As it cluld backfire like it did for them in the dark days when hill stuck the late equaliser In

giphy.gif
Fckn sooperb.

I get that it's difficult for fans on either side of the old firm divide to step back and look at the big picture, but reasonable Celtic fans (there are some out there) must be worried at how quickly they've gone from totally dominating us to being dominated by us. Yes, we haven't won't by 4 or 5 goals, but we barely had to break a sweat today.

Just seen the first goal again. Helander got wiped out just before Goldson heads it. Beaton looking straight at it too. No chance we would have got a penalty if Goldson has missed

Delighted with the football Rangers played today. Just pray they keep Duffy as first choice CB the guy is an absolute pudding defensively.

This victory feels different, its like we brought our European game to the Glasgow Derby. SG deserves so much credit for how the team played, he had plan and it worked. You can see us getting stronger every season, learning from our mistakes and just becoming more professional and efficient. Even down to little things like game management at the end when we were running down the clock we moved the ball out quickly to their corner flag area and just held it up there. What we are learning in Europe is bleeding into our domestic game and making us stronger.

For years we have watched garbage, watching them put 4 or 5 past us on several occasions.

Walked into work tonight with the head held high. Finally feel they we are getting back to some form of normal.

Just need to keep the heads down now and work on this going forward!

I am absolutely raging that no supporters were allowed in the ground especially Rangers fans to hand a Rangers player a Rangers scarf to tie round a goalpost at Parkheid at the end of the game a la thumbheid style.

No seriously, we are better human beings than them, we have class and decorum both as winners and as losers. 'I'd rather die with our history than live with theirs'.

‘W.A.T.P’
Welcome to the family.

Halliday is on record as saying he is one of the best players in training. Time for him to
Raising a glass to your dad my friend! What a fitting performance today, we were excellent. Sure your dad was looking down on us thinking, ffs this is easy!

WATP....enjoy your nigh

‘W.A.T.P’
Old firm day is horrendous for me nerves wise. I know what you mean. It's an amazing feeling when your team wins and brutal when they lose. Great post and there will be a lot of bears with dad's who saw a lot of success followed by this difficult time. I will raise a beer to mine too. He didn't force the the Gers at me. Just let me find my own way but me and my two brothers always get together at Gers games win lose or draw. It's a bond for life. Us and The Rangers.
For a first post that is really going to be hard to beat , sums up the feelings of so many of us

Delighted with the win, I was quite critical of us in the first half as we were sloppy in possession at times didn't press high enough and created very little . The 2nd half was different we penetrated more with a great move for the second goal, then you could see were content with 2-0, I wish we had scored more as they were aweful.

Been up since 4 30am !! I honestly think the weak link today that we must exploit is Duffy. He may be decent in the air but he's the slowest CB I have ever seen. If Kent can get a run at him it will be embarrassing. Yes plenty cross balls from both sides as usual, but isolate Duffy and let Morelos bully him leaving space for others.
I wasn't too far away. Duffy is rank and hopefully he plays every game this season!!

I can honestly say it’s the most stress free game In a old firm game I’ve witnessed, for me at the chamber of secrets makes it the more sweeter. We never had to get out second gear.
Let’s enjoy the weekend and I raise a glass to the team and my fellow bears, let see if we can batter Livi next week then Killie. WATP no surrender

I wasn't too far away. Duffy is rank and hopefully he plays every game this season!!
Watched the Iceland game the other night mate and I thought he’s dangerous in the air. But he looks like he runs wi clogs on. 2 million for that and 40k in wages per week is some business for Brighton

‘W.A.T.P’
you've got at least 106 bears out there/in here with you and your message yesterday mate...hope you 'both' had a great day

It’s a weird one today.
I don’t actually think we played anywhere near our level. Kent Morelos and Barker (more the latter 2) did not do much in an attacking sense. But we strolled it.
We let their back 3 have the ball as much as they wanted. Then as soon as someone wanted it in a position to hurt us we went after them. Outside the Elyounoussy chance I never felt under threat.
As I said earlier I never celebrated the opener because I was sure the flag was going up. The second I was in shock that Goldson had another!

I’m not going to lie, I feel a bit detached from it all having not been at a game in so long it’s almost like I forget how to celebrate properly (being in the house with 2 young kids also playing a part)
That being said, I’ve drove about blaring “Gold” by Spandau Ballet, I have set my 2 Amazon echos up at the back windows and blared “welcome to the party” and “the best” all in honour of the lady's front bottom who lives across the back who has rubbed it in whenever they’ve won and had parties with fireworks etc

when 55 comes he’s gonna regret that last part.
I’m buzzing, I went in confident and our players carried it out

‘W.A.T.P’
I hope you enjoyed that today mate & continue to post - it's a mad but wonderful place this FF world.
My late brother (Pastmaster 244 & 45) was a frequent poster & 1 time mod on q of the older iterations of FF would've loved this today.
1 of his sons posted in a group chat last night that he was 100% we would win.
Today would have been his Dad's birthday. He also would have been 55.
Goldson got the goals which takes away from the fact he strolled it at the back. Barely broke sweat.
Him & Helander both were - 1 mistake aside - immense today. A joy to watch!

Back