MOTM Poll Celtic v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
We weren’t at our best today and still pissed it and still got Roofe, Aribo and Zungu to come in and Jack was a sub today, fucking happy days.

Better to keep our powder dry.
Let them think that they were unlucky. Let them think that they have six better players to play, next time. Let them think that we played our best team and got all the breaks.
They know that we are the people.
They had all their better players in December and still beat them.

I’ve never posted before. Never felt the need to. For the past several years, I’ve been more than happy to lurk in the background of FF, mostly laughing at the bizarre, ridiculous and witty stuff this place regularly throws up. Today, however, is different…

Out of nowhere, I lost my old man last year. As staunch as anyone - and another avid lurker on FF - our conversations would mostly be taken up with discussions about Rangers or, quite often, whatever we’d both seen on FF through the week! Unfortunately, I never got the chance to say a proper goodbye to him but, if I had the chance, I’d thank him for making me a bear. Growing up in the East of England, I now realise this couldn’t have been easy but he managed it with regular trips to Ibrox, buying me kits, and buying me dvds/videotapes for me to watch (over and over again). He once told me that “W.A.T.P” was one of the first things he said to me and, if things went as I hope they did, it was one of the last things he heard. Since his passing, we’ve had big games but I feel this is one of the biggest and it makes me miss him even more.

I was trying to explain to guys at work today what tomorrow means and what being a Rangers fan is all about. With only Norwich and Ipswich as their nearest reference point, with a healthy dose of English footballing arrogance and ignorance, and with being in their mid-20s like me (and not knowing about, for example, the 90s team) they did nothing but laugh and make the usual comments about Scottish football and making comparisons to other English derbies. I gave up in the end. Besides, how can I explain to someone that nervous feeling in the stomach before an old firm match? A feeling which comes about from a lifetime of following a club you’ve been steeped in, and knowing there’s millions of fans around the world going through the same thing! But, I guess that’s the thing; being a Ranger’s fan is in your blood, in your bones. I’ll be forever grateful to have that.

I’m quietly confident for tomorrow and I believe we’ve got something really happening at Rangers at the moment.

I might return to the lurking shadows and this might be my only post but:

‘W.A.T.P’
Fantastic post ECB. You should post more often.
I hope you enjoyed that performance/result day, and I’m sure you’ll have raised a glass and toasted your dad for bringing you up a Bluenose.
WATP

I’ve never posted before. Never felt the need to. For the past several years, I’ve been more than happy to lurk in the background of FF, mostly laughing at the bizarre, ridiculous and witty stuff this place regularly throws up. Today, however, is different…

Out of nowhere, I lost my old man last year. As staunch as anyone - and another avid lurker on FF - our conversations would mostly be taken up with discussions about Rangers or, quite often, whatever we’d both seen on FF through the week! Unfortunately, I never got the chance to say a proper goodbye to him but, if I had the chance, I’d thank him for making me a bear. Growing up in the East of England, I now realise this couldn’t have been easy but he managed it with regular trips to Ibrox, buying me kits, and buying me dvds/videotapes for me to watch (over and over again). He once told me that “W.A.T.P” was one of the first things he said to me and, if things went as I hope they did, it was one of the last things he heard. Since his passing, we’ve had big games but I feel this is one of the biggest and it makes me miss him even more.

I was trying to explain to guys at work today what tomorrow means and what being a Rangers fan is all about. With only Norwich and Ipswich as their nearest reference point, with a healthy dose of English footballing arrogance and ignorance, and with being in their mid-20s like me (and not knowing about, for example, the 90s team) they did nothing but laugh and make the usual comments about Scottish football and making comparisons to other English derbies. I gave up in the end. Besides, how can I explain to someone that nervous feeling in the stomach before an old firm match? A feeling which comes about from a lifetime of following a club you’ve been steeped in, and knowing there’s millions of fans around the world going through the same thing! But, I guess that’s the thing; being a Ranger’s fan is in your blood, in your bones. I’ll be forever grateful to have that.

I’m quietly confident for tomorrow and I believe we’ve got something really happening at Rangers at the moment.

I might return to the lurking shadows and this might be my only post but:

‘W.A.T.P’
Great read pal, your dad did well bringing you up in the proper way as all our family in here (?) did, nice story and I am sure your old man is proudly looking down on you knowing in a football sense that you are leading a good life, WATP!

I thought we were fantastic today. Correct levels of aggression and control. We look like we have matured as a team.

The proof will absolutely be in May, but we can only judge what we see today and on that it was impressive.

Just catching the highlights again.
Note Ajer "celebrating" blocking Kents shot on that sweeping break about 80 mins

I thought we were fantastic today. Correct levels of aggression and control. We look like we have matured as a team.

The proof will absolutely be in May, but we can only judge what we see today and on that it was impressive.

I disagree mate. I thought we were just solid and easily dealt with them, don’t know if that’s more impressive or not.

I felt throughout the game that we had another couple of gears we could go to if we needed to.

Reactions: fmp
A lot of pages to go through. Is there a gif of Lennon picking the popcorn out his teeth before half time?

I disagree mate. I thought we were just solid and easily dealt with them, don’t know if that’s more impressive or not.

I felt throughout the game that we had another couple of gears we could go to if we needed to.
The most pleasing part of today was that it felt quite routine, like it was no big deal.

I was nervous before the game but it settled down quite quickly. We are just so much better coached than they are, so much more professional, fitter, more determined and focussed. They were all over the place while we didn't need to get in second gear as you say.

I don’t think we should under estimate it. They weren’t good, but they are what they are. Richest team in the country with 8 titles in a row. We dominated them with a midfield that cost us £50k in transfer fees.
We were very good but can play better as well. It should be a great spot to push on from.

Reactions: fmp
Is it just me but I'm more nervous facing the dross than the tramps atm, were the best football team in the country when were allowed to be, our problems are with the teams who lie deep and foul at every opportunity

I don’t think we should under estimate it. They weren’t good, but they are what they are. Richest team in the country with 8 titles in a row. We dominated them with a midfield that cost us £50k in transfer fees.
We were very good but can play better as well. It should be a great spot to push on from.

I agree with everything you say other than we were very good. I thought we were just decent.

I think the fact we dealt with them so comfortably playing decent is a good thing.

I agree with everything you say other than we were very good. I thought we were just decent.

I think the fact we dealt with them so comfortably playing decent is a good thing.
Agreed. I thought we played some great stuff in midfield, but were a bit loose up front with the final ball.
The one thing I took away from the match - their new keeper looks a right dud.

Last edited:
Just watched the highlights on sporscene there, I was very frustrated with the fact we didn't go for more goals and press our advantage, but after listening to Neil McCann I can understand why. I love listening To his match annalise

Agreed. I thought we played some great stuff in midfield, but were a bit loose up front with the final ball.

We done what we had to today. We could’ve upped it if we needed to but we were comfortable and they created nothing.

Their keeper is decent but he’s not suited to Scottish football. Can’t believe they paid £5million for him.

I look forward to their keepers fear, at Ibrox, with a full stadium.

Still delighting in our win yesterday. It would take eating a pound of lemons to wipe the smile off my face.

This win is a huge marker outlining our intent for this season. However truly believe that the title will be won at the smaller grounds, breaking down 10 men defences

Tougher away game v Livi than playing they TRAMPS. Absolutely controlled the game from first to last minute. We have their number and they know it.

Good thing is they genuinely think Edouard Christie and Forrest would have made a difference. As comfortable as we've ever been there.

Saw a stat flying about saying that’s the first time since 2009 that Celtic haven’t had a shot on target at home in a league game.

Huge credit to us imo.

Hooking Alfie before he got himself sent off was important.
I didn’t see the game live and ignored all media. I came home to a bunch of messages in various devices. I thought it either meant we’d won or there had been some real drama. Anyway watching the highlights I wondered why they’d shown the Alfie booking then the wee incident with Brown - I thought, shit maybe he gets sent off. Thankfully Gerrard intervened.

oh what a beautiful morning

The nicest thing about yesterday is we still have all day to savour it.

One thing about yesterday. They are poxed. I don't think I've ever seen a game were a team got the break of the ball like the filth did yesterday.

It seemed like just about every time a Rangers player tried to clip the ball by a yahoo, it would rebound off our player resulting in them having a throw in thus breaking up our momentum.

Then you have the Kent effort. His run from the middle, his showing out to Barisic, the perfect cross from Barisic, the shot sweetly struck and a yahoo getting in the way as opposed to great defending summed it up.

been nosing about on what they have to say about the game(apparently you can't OD on timplosions:))) judging by their tone, the fact that we are a better team is at last beginning to sink in with them, where as before they always belived otherwise,and that is really doing their little brains in

The filth fans have convinced themselves that we were shite yesterday and basically capitalised on 2 mistakes. It's hilarious reading. We could have went up a couple of gears anytime we wanted. They simply don't have a plan to counter how we play.

They’ll get away with it against everyone else - when having better players will get them by.

Really it’s all about our consistency and taking more points than them from the Old Firm derbies.

The filth fans have convinced themselves that we were shite yesterday and basically capitalised on 2 mistakes. It's hilarious reading. We could have went up a couple of gears anytime we wanted. They simply don't have a plan to counter how we play.
Think we just did what we needed to win. Could have raised our game if necessary. More goals would have been nice but think main aim was to win and not concede.
Think it's the first game against them I've watched where there was no pressure.

I think anyone with a footballing brain knows we are the superior team and have been for the last few years but its the consistency that will make or break us.

What a wonderful lovely morning, pissing of rain of course but just something about today just feels great.

Cant seem to get this big f.uck off grin off my face!

On Friday, I posted that the defence would be wearing slippers and was castigated by another poster. Well, I admit I was wrong. By the second half it was slippers, smoking jackets and a round of drinks.

Just realised that the disco lights didn’t make an appearance - just like half their team. Flash in the pan!

Back