Match Thread ** Celtic v Rangers - 14:30 Sunday 15th - Sky Sports **

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
rWwvd4O.png

Only Jack and Bates missing now. Good to see injuries clearing and we have ,midfield options although we’ll probably go with the usual.

Our lads must realise by now that they can beat this mob. Cut out the stupid mistakes, misplaced passes, take our chances we will prevail. Easy to say right enough but I do believe deep down they have it in them we just to them to believe too. Get Marv in for a team talk.

Mon the Rangers

As union-jack-1872 said on another thread, we have to go 433/451. The only debate should be where we play Ross McCrorie.
Go with 2 in central midfield and I can't see us wining.

Dorrans, Docherty and another depending on where McCrorie plays either Holt or Halliday.

Playing Windass or Miller from the start will only end Badly.

Dorrans, Docherty and another depending on where McCrorie plays either Holt or Halliday.

I know it's not ideal having Alves and Martin as a partnership, but I'd have McCrorie as DM with Docherty and Dorrans in midfield. We really need to win the midfield battle.
I just hope GM doesn't try to find a place for Windass or Miller, god forbid or both :eek:, as it would be wrong for this particular match.

I agree with you, but my midfield 3 would be McCrorie Docherty and Halliday. Those 3 would fight all day long in front of the centre halves.

McCrorie and Martin played well against Dundee and I'd expect them to start. He's a centre back and should be playing there.

2-1 the famous.

From anyone reliable or just guesswork?

I saw that EstConsultancy twitter page saying it’s Martin and McCrorie at the back but that’s all I’ve seen.

Not confident at all ahead of tomorrow but a bit of a battle fever is starting to kick in. ‘Mon the Rangers!

I actually feel OK about this one. The players have had a bit of a shock to the system after the Ibrox game, but seem to have recovered. McCroarie is back and Dorrans is getting fitter. I am convinced Morelos will score at Hampden. I try and put this into the context of this time last year.
This time last year it was between Clint Hill and Kenny Miller for who was player of the year. We have seen massive improvements in existing players such as Tav and Windass, whilst new signings like John, Morelos, Murphy and Candias have all been excellent. Dorrans has the potential to be the leader in the middle of the park we need and McCroarie can be the leader at the back for years to come. Ryan Jack was another decent signing. I believe the building blocks are there for a title challenge next year. I am convinced we will win one of the remaining Old Firm matches.
Despite the board messing up in our managerial appointment and wasting resources in Alves, Pena and Herrera - i do think there is lots of learning to be applied. I trust the DOF to make good calls
This time last year we lined up with Beerman, Garner, Dodoo, Halliday, Waghorn etc. Pedro in the dugout. No one can tell me we are not improving.
CMON THE GERS !

I know it's not ideal having Alves and Martin as a partnership, but I'd have McCrorie as DM with Docherty and Dorrans in midfield. We really need to win the midfield battle.
I just hope GM doesn't try to find a place for Windass or Miller, god forbid or both :eek:, as it would be wrong for this particular match.

If we don't play McCrorie in midfield then i believe we will get beat. Again.

It's patently obvious to everyone except for Murty that we need a DM and 3 in midfield.

McCrorie as DM.
docherty as the box to box.
Dorrans as an AM or Goss as a playmaker.

When tav and John are up field attacking McCrorie can drop back to almost make a 3 at a the back.

Also that Lego eating mong is shit scared of playing against McCrorie in midfield. We seen it at the parkhead game. If he gets played in midfield we will see it again tomorrow.

Rumored Bheasts Team:

Gordon

Lustig
Ajer
Boyata

Forrest
Lego
Ntcham
Tierney

Rogic
McGregor

Dembele

If that's their team then we're looking at the same issue as last time with 3 vs our two centre backs due to the lack of a DM. Think Holt would be the best bet if we put an extra body in the middle, he has the engine to keep up and track the runs from Rogic and McGregor. I have to say, I do fancy our front 3 vs that back 3.

If we don't play McCrorie in midfield then i believe we will get beat. Again.

It's patently obvious to everyone except for Murty that we need a DM and 3 in midfield.

McCrorie as DM.
docherty as the box to box.
Dorrans as an AM or Goss as a playmaker.

When tav and John are up field attacking McCrorie can drop back to almost make a 3 at a the back.

Also that Lego eating mong is shit scared of playing against McCrorie in midfield. We seen it at the parkhead game. If he gets played in midfield we will see it again tomorrow.

rh4c4n.jpg

McCrorie and Martin played well against Dundee and I'd expect them to start. He's a centre back and should be playing there.

2-1 the famous.
I get your point.
Still leaves whoever the CB pairing is extremely exposed against a mobile and pacey Sellick front two.
DM required.
Halliday ?

Last edited:
We lack winners in the Team and in the Dugout but saying that its a Cup Game so anything can happen, If Murty sets up the team properly I think we can do it

Seeing a lot of strong rumours out there on our team, so looks like how we ended last week tactically will be it

Back