Match Thread ** Celtic v Rangers - 14:30 Sunday 15th - Sky Sports **

I’m outside sweeneys on the park. Heard it was a Rangers stronghold!???
Loads of Declan chants around me
In this part of shawlands, can anyone recommend a taxi home from here? Hampden cabs the best?
Stay safe bro. Those yahoos dont know how to win with any dignity! WATP

Stay safe bro. Those yahoos dont know how to win with any dignity! WATP
Couldn’t agree more. Was welcomed into a flat near Danny Ahmed Singhs on minard rd by a group of fellow bears who brought me in and booked me a taxi. Can’t be too careful around this shower of abhorrent creatures...

Finally back home. Place is awash with the stinking bheasts

Had to turn off. First time in my life. Just sums up this entire season. We deserve better.

I watched 15 mins in the 1st half, they were streets ahead of us , first to every ball while our lot kept passing g to them
I switched off when the 2nd went incoz I knew we’d get destroyed

Had more fun at the park with my son

Lots to think about. We were outclassed. Young McCrorie ( I excuse his youth, but he's the messiah
on here) cost us 2 goals. Halliday should have never started and our Rangers supporting players , mostly, lacked heart and commitment.
I'm embarrassed with that performance and thank feck I don't live in Scotland as I'd not react well to their gloating.
Absolutely gutted but not surprised.

It was a disgrace. I went expecting little but got less than that.

Today was the first time in attending rangers matches for over 35 years that I left before full time.

As an aside, what happened to Murphy and Candeias? Both have played well at times recently but both were miles off it today and positionally offered no support to Morelos.

Couldn’t agree more. Was welcomed into a flat near Danny Ahmed Singhs on minard rd by a group of fellow bears who brought me in and booked me a taxi. Can’t be too careful around this shower of abhorrent creatures...

Finally back home. Place is awash with the stinking bheasts
Good to hear.

Today was the first time in attending rangers matches for over 35 years that I left before full time.

As an aside, what happened to Murphy and Candeias? Both have played well at times recently but both were miles off it today and positionally offered no support to Morelos.

I can't offer any explanation mate :(

The tactics were wrong today, a million times over. As for Murty, it was obvious in the first 10-15 minutes that McCrorie and Martin were being bullied by Dembele, but it was left to go on until one of them ended up with a red card. For me, this is where the game was won and lost. When Halliday was hooked, I was 100% in agreement. But to me the change should have been Alves on, and McCrorie into midfield.

It was obvious to most that McCrorie must play in midfield instead of Halliday and Alves at CB from the start. We may not have won given the general attitude of the players but as you say the team selection was totally wrong.

First time I've ever left a game early, when Holt brought down Ntcham and he slotted away the penalty, our entire end emptied. 78' is early for me as I always support till the end but like I said last night on here, Celtic are far too good for us and some fans refuse to accept it, well theres the proof. 4-0, Jesus Christ Rangers.

The tactic of allowing them possession unchallenged until the 18 yard line was criminal and the players were clearly against it. Why the hell would Murty think that would work when Pedro proved it doesn't?

Especially when their strength is players that can shoot from the edge of the box, it was clear as day looking at the line up today we needed to get midfielders tracking the runs of rogic and McGregor

We have players and a stopgap manager who are beaten against Celtic before the game kicks off. Their inferiority complex is something we must lose, or we will just keep losing.

Teams usually have 3 or4 years of a solid squad before more significant changes take place in turnover, we are having it every season now, that’s the result of dragging ourselves back up and knowing the difficult part is still to come.

Last edited:
The more I think about that clusterfuck today, the more I think that the players hung GM out to dry.

Jackson says he has an exclusive tomorrow to demonstrate our "disarray"

Someone is telling tales again, who needs any guesses.

First time I've ever switched the game off before the final whistle. Don't know if it was a telling factor, but we looked beat even as we were walking onto the field wearing tracksuit tops. Where was the fight and dig displayed at Ibrox a few weeks ago? Looked scared, off the pace, couldn't string 3 passes together, no pressing, no shape, just fkn AAAAAARRRRRGH!

Ah well, there's always next season.

Didn't watch it but I see that wankstain Lego was talkin his usual pish after the game, ok then Scotty, how about we place your smelly team into the 4th tier and you have to work your way up while being gutted of £16m worth of players and see how you get on.

Have similar feelings. Got back to Wales last night after a long, long journey home. Wasn’t optimistic going into the match but within 5 minutes I knew it was going to be one of those days where you just hope it doesn’t get too embarrassing. Even that early it was clear we weren’t at the races. No fight, no passion, no shape, no bloody clue. Seems the only ‘anger’ our players had was reserved for each other.

Sad to say, I left on the 80th minute. I’ve been there to the end through thick and thin but yesterday was one of the most inept performances I’ve seen against the Dhims in many, many a year.

We will agree to disagree there.

I believe he has done his main job and stabilised the finances etc got rid of Ashley and deterred quite a few other vultures that were circling/. People don't see that as much as what happens on the pitch.

I believe he may have taken his eye off that side of things, but then again, go read his speech from ;last week, and think about it, as to me that says he accepts he made an error and has something ion place for next season.

Not sure how aware you are, but over the last 10 or so years, he is the one guy that always warned us and told the truth and ini addition put money in where others borrowed somebody elses and made it look like their own.

Curious to hear what your plan would be without him

Off the pitch things have improved ten fold, no doubt. On the pitch? Things are an unmitigated disaster, caused at large by King. His inability to make a timely and decisive decision has cost us again and again.

I do not deny that a lot of good has been done in terms of improving the books. But unlike (worryingly what seems like many) I am not prepared to give the board a pass for making a huge mess of it on the pitch.

There is no one waiting in the wings to take over, but does that mean we cannot demand competence from those running our club? As a support we really should have learned to hold people to account by now.

I don't believe you fall into this camp, but a lot of fans on here still seem to view it as sacrilege to dare to criticise those running the club. After all we've been through that is terrifying.

I held off giving a sheep fan abuse over their capitulation to Murderwell on Saturday.
Simply because I feared exactly what happened yesterday.

Heartless, incompetent are the best I can say.

the tactics are more baffling the more you think about it

- statistically the top winger in the league is pulled inside from the touchline
- instead of having a No. 10 pulling one of their midfielders back/one of their defenders out, we go with three sitters, meaning Brown and Ntcham can push forward and Rogic becomes a second striker rather than support midfielder
- this isolates Morelos into dealing with scraps that even when he does get the ball, the central midfield are so pedestrian, they cannot support him - meaning the inside forwards come further in and exposes the full backs

Christ , when you go to work and the poets don’t do their usual goading and banter but instead feel sorry for our support it shows how weak, insipid and poor we were. That’s what I had today. Even they were commenting on the attitude of our players

Why did Andy Halliday start the game ? He seems to enjoy causing havoc rather than focusing on his game . What exactly did he expect to gain from throwing his toys out pram? Also the spat with Barton ... it makes you wonder ... we need a boss in that can control the players ... Could you imagine Walter putting up with him embarrassing the club like that ... ..Halliday is a fan but never a footballer

44 years old today, and yesterday was by far the worst i ever seen a Rangers team play.

I knew within 10 minutes that the team had not turned up, Vermin first to every ball.

It is actually a disgrace, went through Rangers, and hardly anyone went back to Ibrox after the game for the 1 hour, which turned into 30 minutes free bar.

My old school team could beat this team these days, big changes needed everywhere imo.

Manager plus 9 (DECENT) first team players. #amateurs

In retrospect why should we be surprised at yesterday’s debacle? We have spent the season firstly managed by a piss poor manager then a youth coach. We have been bullied by poor teams such as Motherwell, Kilmarnock and st Johnstone. Our players game after game look much less fitter than the opposition and unwilling to mix it when the going gets tough. Teams see us as a soft touch. I’ve seen rangers teams over the past 50 years, some great, some not so good but they have always been committed, willing to fight to the last. Many of our current players just don’t want to mix it or get involved in a battle. That is unforgivable . Murty has to take his share of the blame, he can’t be allowed to return to the youth set up.

Simply the most gutless performance I’ve ever seen against that lot. No effort, no fight, naive selection and zero tactical nous on display.

On the flight back to Bristol last night (delayed an hour just to further darken the mood, we ended up the last flight out of Glasgow Airport) my son said “dad, I didn’t think we could play as badly as in Luxembourg, but that was every bit as bad”. And you know what, he was right. It was that bad. Better opposition for sure, but the same level of all round ineptness from our players and our management team. My anger on getting home at stupid o’clock was pretty much the same as the return trip from Luxembourg.

They simply don’t deserve the support they get. We met other unhappy bears on the flight home and of course many travel from even further afield, spending huge amounts to follow the team. I can accept getting beaten by a better team - they are, let’s face it - but we should at least compete and give 100%. To get beat in the manner we did is an utter disgrace. The board, for all the good work and positive sentiment they have for getting the club back in the hands of people who care, need to get this back on track quickly to avoid that sentiment eroding. Enough false starts. Invest in a decent manager, please.

Back