Match Thread ** Celtic v Rangers - 14:30 Sunday 15th - Sky Sports **

The scary thing is how low my expectations are. When we lost 5-1 and 6-2 under Advocaat I was iĺl. Today I'm not up or down. That said at HT I would have bit your hand off for 4-0. It could easily have been 7 or 8. And we have to take these imposters to the midden in two weeks.

Lets be honest here 4 nil has flattered us.

They have better players in every position and have a better manager managing those players.

Anyone who thinks this is Murtys fault are utterly clueless.

Murty is something of a fall guy in this bollocks of a season.

But he was the one who has to take responsibility for this humiliation today.
The players in general are cowards but all we were realistically expecting was to be competitive today.
A decent manager could have got that out of these chancers.
Sorry to say it but he has to go, but respect the shot position he was put into.

They missed a chance to take 10 off us
We were abysmal from the first whistle
Three in midfield, no support player for Morelos and that three wee overrun by two Yahoos

Ratings:

Fod 4 - no chance with goals and made one terrific save

Tav 6 - only one who turned up, worked hard and tried to make things happen

McCrorie 1 a shocking performance

Martin 0 - one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen

John 2 - wasn’t terrible but nowhere near acceptable

Halliday 0 - one of Pedros few successes, getting rid of him

Dorrans 1 - no effort and looks about 10% for, how does a player out for six months stroll into the team and play every game

Docherty 2 - a few tackles woman’s a couple of runs but wasted won balls and until half time looked lost

Candeias 3 - struggled to start but then was getting to grips with it - madness to take him off when Murphy was toiling

Murphy 1 - offers little and looks unfit

Morelos 2 - tried to fight a lonesome battle but that sitter summed it up

Alves 2 - offered the only goal threat

Windass 1 - missed a chance not a sitter but he has to connect, poor otherwise

Holt 0 - utter shambles

Murty - should resign

firstly less of the abuse and secondly you are calling people blind moronic when you didnt miss a game when the spivs were raping us, well done you.

everyone else on just now step back from the keyboards and chill for five, we are all angry but there are some on here out to wind people up, Guys take five before posting.

Snide comments like "well done you" then tell everyone to take 5? Almost as hypocritical as saying we should follow on, but shouldn't have done so the last time we were seeing nothing for our money on the pitch.

Keep telling yourself that. He is a guy that nearly won the league in the EPL.

Saying Rodgers is shit is purely burying heads in the sand.

Exactly m8 Rodgers has worked under Mourinhio at Chelsea managed one of the biggest clubs around in Liverpool and managed some of the worlds best players Suarez being top of them
Nobody we've had recently matches his CV and only major investment in a better manager and players is going to stop 10 sadly

E

How staunch of you. You may be okay with this, I'm not. The club must love fans like you. Head utterly in the sand. Still, you're uber stauch, pal. Well done.

Not uber staunch, but unlike you I am not uBer stupid either.

Go have a think where we would be wiithout the guy you want to crucify, with your short sighted rage, and thats me just giving you the benefit of the doubt.

If you look at my other posts you will see i have have said DK has questions to answer, but I am not in the habit of cutting my nose of to spite my face , especially after what I / We have been through as a a Club.

Maybe you just don't get it eh ;)

Kris Boyd talking sense for once. Players will use shape as an excuse, but there was no excuse for not running around making tackles and tracking runners. I just wonder if we're not fit enough.

We wrongly thought that because Murphy, Docherty, Dorrans are Rangers fans that they would sweat blood for the jersey. We need to quickly get some players with heart and bottle. And please let this be the last time i see Russell Martin in a Rangers jersey.
I've said this forever. Give me a mentally challenged wee bastard like Neil McCann than the shit so called bluenoses we have at the club the now...

Murty is not to blame, he is a youth coach he was sent into the big time, the board are to blame they appointed him the buck stops with King. New manager will need a new board, let us be honest were is all this money we need coming from ? . A devastated bear today

I'm not giving up. I will always be a supporter. I just refuse to keep allowing the little money I have to be wasted by people who clearly do not have the same level of commitment that we do?

DK and co have put money into the club they expect to get back. Myself and many others live week to week and do without many things to follow our team. Why should I continue to live this way to turn up and see that the extent of our boards vision, is to promote a youth coach and see what happens.
The board have feked up over the managers theyve given us.
But we need to keep going. Comparing money put in by fans and money put iv by directors is just ridicilous.

"We'll learn from this" Murty.[/QUOTE

Learn from it - I wonder what. Maybe that our supporters should have saved their hard earned cash and stayed at home.. humilitating beyond words - the fact they were heartless and gutless just pisses you right off. Dont mind going down (hate it from the scum) but if we are battling and play well - then its acceptable. They never started today.

Surely it’s time for Sir Walter to dawn the famous marble hallways and pull us from the mire we currently find ourselves in?
Murty looks like a wounded animal. He’s done all he can.
WATP

Not uber staunch, but unlike you I am not uBer stupid either.

Go have a think where we would be wiithout the guy you want to crucify, with your short sighted rage, and thats me just giving you the benefit of the doubt.

If you look at my other posts you will see i have have said DK has questions to answer, but I am not in the habit of cutting my nose of to spite my face , especially after what I / We have been through as a a Club.

Maybe you just don't get it eh ;)

We're all grateful for getting rid of the rats. But how long will not being Mike Ashley be good enough? You're living on cloud nine, mate. There's nothing staunch about denying the blatantly obvious and lying to yourself. King and co have sacrificed two seasons now and the only ones who have suffered are the fans. It's not good enough. If you're content then fair play to you. But we're going nowhere under King and I make no apologies for stating the obvious.

Did you miss the game? They have vastly superior players in every postion. How is that Murtys fault?

Hes gone from a youth coach to managing Rangers due to the board and we expect him to be as good as Rodgers? Your trippin!

Dorrans makes Brown look world class ffs. McCrorie gets bullied all game. Morelos couldnt hit a barn door.

The board are to blame for putting a youth coach in charge and expecting Murty to out smart Rodgers is insane.
At last you get it Murty is hopeless, never mind the players we have a manager who is totally out of his depth, but you try to defend him? I would get banned if I commented on your knowledge of football.

If we had a striker who could finish then at least we would have a chance. Playing with one hand behind out back all season in every sense. Manager, poor defence, no clinical striker.
A notice to the 'aye bit he bullies defences' brigade. I'm not interested in your ignorant opinion.
Unfortunately it looks like we need to recruit the whole spine of the team again. That's money we don't have.
Allen will be busy.

"We'll learn from this" Murty.
Learn what? That their a bunch of spineless charlatans, masqurading as rangers players.
Fucking absolutely pish performance,should be ashamed of themselves.
I'm raging at the moment and need to calm down before I flip my lid, just cannot believe what I've just watched,especially them vile fuckers celebrating like they won the champions league.

We're all grateful for getting rid of the rats. But how long will not being Mike Ashley be good enough? You're living on cloud nine, mate. There's nothing staunch about denying the blatantly obvious and lying to yourself. King and co have sacrificed two seasons now and the only ones who have suffered are the fans. It's not good enough. If you're content then fair play to you. But we're going nowhere under King and I make no apologies for stating the obvious.
Take a breath, and read what I said, he has questions to answer, and has ridden his luck with the supports blind faith, that is finished now.
But to start abusing the man the way you did is not the way to go.

I think after today the "Scott Brown is shite" posters should learn to shut their mouths.

Someone should have been on him the whole game.

This is Lawwell’s long term plan coming to fruition. Celtic dominating Scottish Football, with Us hamstrung. After 10 in a row, Next stage - they’re too big for Scotland and should be welcomed to the EPL.
I think we are past the point where Lawell's plan is causing that pish we watched today! We have had a couple years to improve answers we haven't! This comes down to poor judgment in the decision making throughout this f*ck up of a process and the board need to come up with something quick!

We play the same formation every time we play them despite it not working once.
No pressure on them. They seem to always have time and space on the ball.
Totally sickened by today. Hard to put in to words how upset that has made me. Embarrassing.

They missed a chance to take 10 off us
We were abysmal from the first whistle
Three in midfield, no support player for Morelos and that three wee overrun by two Yahoos

Ratings:

Fod 4 - no chance with goals and made one terrific save

Tav 6 - only one who turned up, worked hard and tried to make things happen

McCrorie 1 a shocking performance

Martin 0 - one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen

John 2 - wasn’t terrible but nowhere near acceptable

Halliday 0 - one of Pedros few successes, getting rid of him

Dorrans 1 - no effort and looks about 10% for, how does a player out for six months stroll into the team and play every game

Docherty 2 - a few tackles woman’s a couple of runs but wasted won balls and until half time looked lost

Candeias 3 - struggled to start but then was getting to grips with it - madness to take him off when Murphy was toiling

Murphy 1 - offers little and looks unfit

Morelos 2 - tried to fight a lonesome battle but that sitter summed it up

Alves 2 - offered the only goal threat

Windass 1 - missed a chance not a sitter but he has to connect, poor otherwise

Holt 0 - utter shambles

Murty - should resign

Can't argue with any of this - I did think Tav was our best player but that really sounds as if we had a competition for MOTM we were abysmal worst performance I can remember and I remember the 80's before Souness..

Can't argue with any of this - I did think Tav was our best player but that really sounds as if we had a competition for MOTM we were abysmal worst performance I can remember and I remember the 80's before Souness..

Tav was poor today
But miles ahead of the rest of our charlatans
And he looked like he actually cared
Contrast with “rangers men” trotting about and offering little or no effort

Take a breath, and read what I said, he has questions to answer, and has ridden his luck with the supports blind faith, that is finished now.
But to start abusing the man the way you did is not the way to go.

Saying he doesn't care isn't abusing the guy; it's an assessment based on a chairman who has been half arsed and thrown away two seasons.

I make that 3 in the starting line up that have beaten Celtic before and 2 on the bench.

We don't know how to win against them because we've never experienced it properly.

Clueless and spineless. Murty needs to go, some of the players are salvageable though.

Truly awful.

Murty’s tactics were wrong but they might have worked if all 14 players hadn’t played so poorly, we couldn’t find a man with most of our passes, then a lack of confidence led to aimless punts up the park to nobody, so they just came back at us.

We packed the midfield but they just strolled through at will.

You have a point, but McCrorie is best as a DM and still not 100% sharp, Halliday had some minutes v Dundee but otherwise is rusty and yet again isn't played in his proper position. Windass is the 1st sub, only back in training a couple of days ago and generally shite. No Cummings or Miller. Alves not starting & instead we go with Martin, the most error prone defender in Scotland.

433 against a team that loves advancing their full backs meaning they get total control of possession right from the start.

The biggest problem though, is lack of belief. Right from Morelos through to Wes, not one of those players that played today believed we could or would win. I'm sure they wanted to, hoped to, thought they might, but none of them believed it.
It's a mentality we lack and it stems from not having winners in there. Miller is one, so is Alves but both are nearly done.

Ask yourself how many of that squad have won Cups (more than one) or Leagues (even one).

It's that mindset and belief that being a winner brings that we desperately need.

If we continue to just go after Rangers fans with some skill but without that ironclad certainty that they will win then next season will be another battle for 2nd or 3rd place.

I agree a manager, and a good one, is required, but that's not all.

Back