Match Thread ** Celtic v Rangers - 14:30 Sunday 15th - Sky Sports **

I think after today the "Scott Brown is shite" posters should learn to shut their mouths.

Someone should have been on him the whole game.

We supposedly have Rangers men playing for us - complete and utter shite. I would have taken a red to do that prick. We have utter shitebags playing for us. It’s pathetic.

RwbMl.gif

Kris Boyd talking sense for once. Players will use shape as an excuse, but there was no excuse for not running around making tackles and tracking runners. I just wonder if we're not fit enough.

For the first half hour I was genuinely wondering if the players had been told to stand off their opponents and avoid tackling them.

For most of the game we simply allowed them to get to every loose ball first.

As soon as most of us saw how deep we were defending, and how little pressure we were applying against them, it was obvious how badly it would all turn out.

It takes a very special sort of skill to take a squad of pretty decent (and some good) footballers and render them as pi*h as some amateur pub side.
Murty has shown that skill in spades in recent weeks.

Saying he doesn't care isn't abusing the guy; it's an assessment based on a chairman who has been half arsed and thrown away two seasons.
We will agree to disagree there.

I believe he has done his main job and stabilised the finances etc got rid of Ashley and deterred quite a few other vultures that were circling/. People don't see that as much as what happens on the pitch.

I believe he may have taken his eye off that side of things, but then again, go read his speech from ;last week, and think about it, as to me that says he accepts he made an error and has something ion place for next season.

Not sure how aware you are, but over the last 10 or so years, he is the one guy that always warned us and told the truth and ini addition put money in where others borrowed somebody elses and made it look like their own.

Curious to hear what your plan would be without him

Especially since both of them were fucking awful. Im amazed Candeias wasnt off earlier totally outclassed and offered nothing.

Just to clarify I wasn't meaning that only Candeias or Halliday shouldn't wear the shirt again.....I meant every single imposter that disgraced our shirt today.

Obviously that is impractical but we seen today that they cannot reach the required effort levels that should be a minimum.

Out thought,out played,out our depth until we get proven international players in we will not compete and a manager who actual knows what he is doing.both aberdeen and hibs centre mid get call ups games are won and lost in middle of park and we get bullied every game against them

Lots to think about. We were outclassed. Young McCrorie ( I excuse his youth, but he's the messiah
on here) cost us 2 goals. Halliday should have never started and our Rangers supporting players , mostly, lacked heart and commitment.
I'm embarrassed with that performance and thank feck I don't live in Scotland as I'd not react well to their gloating.
Absolutely gutted but not surprised.

I didn't expect to win today if I'm honest, but while I'm disappointed at the defeat, I'm angry with the attitude from board level down.

The tactics were wrong today, a million times over, but that doesn't excuse a lack of effort on the park. Passively running around, giving them time and space to hurt us. Celtic were ok today, nothing more. We made them look good.

Halliday and Candeias were an embarrassment with their reactions to being substituted as well, and it summed up the attitude of the playing squad today. Neither of them kicked a ball all afternoon, and should both be pulled up for it. Granted, they weren't alone in that.

As for Murty, it was obvious in the first 10-15 minutes that McCrorie and Martin were being bullied by Dembele, but it was left to go on until one of them ended up with a red card. For me, this is where the game was won and lost. When Halliday was hooked, I was 100% in agreement. But to me the change should have been Alves on, and McCrorie into midfield. Get in at half time 1-0 and regroup.

But also the board - why is Murty even in that position to begin with? And then the statement during the week.....seriously??

Big changes required Rangers. We are an utter shambles at the moment.

Tav was poor today
But miles ahead of the rest of our charlatans
And he looked like he actually cared
Contrast with “rangers men” trotting about and offering little or no effort

Totally agree he was.

Would like to know why they decided they were beaten before a ball was kicked and just didn't turn up. They have no idea what it means to pull on that jersey let alone fit enough to do it.

Not murtys fault.

Its ours for appointing then hounding out Pedro.

Then the board had to appoint someone.

Actually. That makes the board culpable.

Leave merty alone ffs.

Neil McCann is a bluenose... FFS why call him a"wee mentally challenged bastard"?
He was not a bluenose before he joined us.

He went to celic games on the Donnachies bus (google it if you do not know what it is) when Dundee or Hearts did not have games on the same day.

As i said in another thread.. He joined us and look how that turned out...

• Was looking to go “positives “for my team today ,but this was a”gutless “,no bottle performance,you should be ashamed of yourselves.but you will still pick up the wage package you don’t deserve.

You have a point, but McCrorie is best as a DM and still not 100% sharp, Halliday had some minutes v Dundee but otherwise is rusty and yet again isn't played in his proper position. Windass is the 1st sub, only back in training a couple of days ago and generally shite. No Cummings or Miller. Alves not starting & instead we go with Martin, the most error prone defender in Scotland.

433 against a team that loves advancing their full backs meaning they get total control of possession right from the start.

The biggest problem though, is lack of belief. Right from Morelos through to Wes, not one of those players that played today believed we could or would win. I'm sure they wanted to, hoped to, thought they might, but none of them believed it.
It's a mentality we lack and it stems from not having winners in there. Miller is one, so is Alves but both are nearly done.

Ask yourself how many of that squad have won Cups (more than one) or Leagues (even one).

It's that mindset and belief that being a winner brings that we desperately need.

If we continue to just go after Rangers fans with some skill but without that ironclad certainty that they will win then next season will be another battle for 2nd or 3rd place.

I agree a manager, and a good one, is required, but that's not all.
The Rangers fans is a crass comment, most of the rest of your post is on the money, Murty should be out tomorrow, but he won't we have an indecisive board, the appointed of Park may address this, apparently he has told his son Graeme, no more after the Pedro appointment a, only passing on what I have heard.

The Rangers fans is a crass comment, most of the rest of your post is on the money, Murty should be out tomorrow, but he won't we have an indecisive board, the appointed of Park may address this, apparently he has told his son Graeme, no more after the Pedro appointment a, only passing on what I have heard.

I take your point re. Rangers fans signing. Probably wouldn't include that phrase if I was writing that rant now.

Still in a red mist.

The last time I saw a team playing like that, they wanted rid of the manager, or at least a large number of them did.
Not the first time I've thought that of some of these players.

If GM can't or won't, I think our DOF has to put his foot on a few necks and keep it there.

Posted this elsewhere but the attitude of those at Rangers is shocking.

We've reached the stage where these players are just going to get manager after manager sacked. It makes no difference what tactics you use if the players don't give a damn....and believe me they could not care less.

No excuses from them. There should be no player of the year. Maybe replace it with attitude or professional of the year.

This group are a joke, they deserve nothing good, and certainly not the thousands they will receive this week for their 'work'. Please get rid of them and their stinking, putrid, attitude or the next manager will be heading out the door soon.

That was hard, first time watching in mixed company over in Benidorm.
Embarrassed dejected a beer then bed fuckin gutted.
First time also seen the Rangers end empty so quick worrying times.

Posted this elsewhere but the attitude of those at Rangers is shocking.

We've reached the stage where these players are just going to get manager after manager sacked. It makes no difference what tactics you use if the players don't give a damn....and believe me they could not care less.

No excuses from them. There should be no player of the year. Maybe replace it with attitude or professional of the year.

This group are a joke, they deserve nothing good, and certainly not the thousands they will receive this week for their 'work'. Please get rid of them and their stinking, putrid, attitude or the next manager will be heading out the door soon.

Hard to disagree with your attitude point. There is a malaise in that dressing room and it's been there for a long while.

Luckily for me, I didn’t get to see any of what must have been a horror show for our fans. Thankfully I was on route back from hols so obviously I can’t comment on the actual match, however when are the board going to start listening to the fans. It’s a sad time for us and we are all hurting, it sounds like Celtic weren’t even breaking sweat and our players chucked the towel in the tunnel

I can only think that the current players have known for a while that Murty won't be boss next season. Another %^*& up from the board.

Reactions: dmg
Out thought,out played,out our depth until we get proven international players in we will not compete and a manager who actual knows what he is doing.both aberdeen and hibs centre mid get call ups games are won and lost in middle of park and we get bullied every game against them
We have a guy who will go to the World Cup who has a completely stinking attitude.

We laugh at the way Mcinnes sets uo against them, today we did the same, but did it worse!

This is a good point , however 90% of FF dont understand football and what we were trying to achieve.

Ive been Murtys biggest critic since day 1 but i know what he tried today. It just didn't work.

just know that there is still one last boot in the stones for us to come,, and that is results next weekend will fall into place for them to win the league against us at the piggery ,probably by dishing out another tanking at the same time,,

We have a guy who will go to the World Cup who has a completely stinking attitude.

One player who you feel has a stinkin attitude?look at any international break the hole of celtics team is away barin 2 or 3.we have only 2 or 3 away and they are fringe international players at most.

Lots to think about. We were outclassed. Young McCrorie ( I excuse his youth, but he's the messiah
on here) cost us 2 goals. Halliday should have never started and our Rangers supporting players , mostly, lacked heart and commitment.
I'm embarrassed with that performance and thank feck I don't live in Scotland as I'd not react well to their gloating.
Absolutely gutted but not surprised.

I’m just back mate I left after the Morelos miss and drove 100+ miles home I really can’t recall leaving a game early ever and I’ve been going for 45/50 years. I don’t rate Alves or Martin but they should have started with McCrorie in front of them not Andy. The manager should have given Andy to half time. Bringing on Windass was like having two hide and seek champions on the team (Dorrans being the other).

The reality is fairly simple they have better players and a better manager there isn’t a Rangers player who’d make their team. If we are offered cash for Morelos take it he’s bang average and certainly not top drawer. Today reflected the gap that exists and frankly them doing 10 is the least of our worries. Without real cash and a real manager we are no where. I anticipate us being 3rd or 4th.

I’m just back mate I left after the Morelos miss and drove 100+ miles home I really can’t recall leaving a game early ever and I’ve been going for 45/50 years. I don’t rate Alves or Martin but they should have started with McCrorie in front of them not Andy. The manager should have given Andy to half time. Bringing on Windass was like having two hide and seek champions on the team (Dorrans being the other).

The reality is fairly simple they have better players and a better manager there isn’t a Rangers player who’d make their team. If we are offered cash for Morelos take it he’s bang average and certainly not top drawer. Today reflected the gap that exists and frankly them doing 10 is the least of our worries. Without real cash and a real manager we are no where. I anticipate us being 3rd or 4th.

Sadly I have to agree with everything you've said mate.

Not one player over the park had anything near a pass mark today,should have stayed home and did the painting the wife wanted

Jesus Christ. Possibly the most limp, inept, embarrassing performance I have seen in 35 years watching Rangers.

Murty chose completely the wrong set up.
How you can leave out a multi - time international winning centre half for a 20 year old novice centre half in the biggest game of the season, well, its not management.
How you can then select a guy who hasn't started a game since returning from a loan in Azerbaijan where he didn't play, in the most important position, in the team, defensive midfield, is unfathomable.
How you do not play the 20 year old novice, centre half who has obvious physical attributes that nobody else in the squad possesses for defensive midfield is beyond belief.
How can you play 2 wingers in a game like this where you believe you are not going to have enough of the ball.

He has completely lost the dressing room and no wonder. That was a fucking shambles.
Get a football manager

I've said many times, the players don't look as if they know what they are supposed to be doing. It was obvious after two or three minutes that we were all over the place and even after twenty minutes the defence were still arguing with each other about who should be doing what.
We are ok playing diddy teams who can't take advantage our deficiencies but up against teams who cause us problems we are devoid of any sort of tactical nous.

I’m outside sweeneys on the park. Heard it was a Rangers stronghold!???
Loads of Declan chants around me
In this part of shawlands, can anyone recommend a taxi home from here? Hampden cabs the best?

Back