Match Thread ** Celtic v Rangers - 30th Dec 12:00 K.O - Sky Sports **

Come on Rangers !!
We need 100% commitment from every man in blue, and with that commitment will come belief and hopefully a positive result. We can do it. But only with belief, bravery and that 100% commitment.

When has this current squad ever delivered any of what you ask?

Never once . It's just not going to happen unfortunately .

The galling thing is we will make the Yahoos look far better than they are .

Can't sleep - given up and up and about and feel like a kid at Christmas. C'mon Rangers, time we stepped up to the mark and got right into them.

Rangers to finish with nine men.
Scum to finish with Dumbell having his leg in plaster for eighteen month.
Teirney looking to find his arsehole after being rodgered all day by Tav rampaging all over him down the right wing.
Thumb heed corkscrewing up his own arsehole after not getting his own way.
Broon getting his ankle broken by Mcrorrie in such a bad way that his head needs fooking amputated.

Oh and we won 1-0.
Like your style sir.

Get into then and press them and we can win this today. No prediction but ill happily take a 1-0 win right now

The only and I mean the ONLY thing im positive about is our away form v the top teams in the league ,apart from that there is a dirty expectancy and an inevitability about the game today .

We will find out what we are made of when the ball breaks loose in the middle of the park and there are 50/50’s to be won ,if we lost the first few of those it could be a very very sore day .

I’m usually optimistic ,not today can’t shake the feeling .

1 week ago today this team were woeful at Kilmarnock, 2 weeks ago we were beaten at home to St Johnstone

I expect absolutely nothing today

If we escape without a drubbing I will be delighted but I can’t count on this side for anything

Perhaps very unstaunch but I’m not up for this game at all, Slept perfectly last night & absolutely no nerves at all

I'm the exact same. I think it's being called a realist . Our players and management and board don't share the same passion as the fans and sadly it's reflected on the field of play .

Today will be no different .

1 week ago today this team were woeful at Kilmarnock, 2 weeks ago we were beaten at home to St Johnstone

If we escape without a drubbing I will be delighted but I can’t count on this side for anything

Perhaps very unstaunch but I’m not up for this game at all, Slept perfectly last night & absolutely no nerves at all

I have never been more downbeat before playing the Yahoos than today.

My main fear is that today is a horribly perfect storm of a depleted squad, a guy in the dugout who has no business being there, a board that seem hellbent on destroying this season and a Yahoo manager who's ego will be in overdrive at not beating Murty last time

I am dreading it.

Had butterflies of anticipation for last two days.
They are utter shite - as ass wupped by a crap Hearts team confirms.
Would "absolutely love it" (Kevin Keegan stylee) to pump and silence them fookers. Especially to take that smug smile off Brenda. We need to press like %^*& and not let them relax on the ball at that smelly cesspit. C'mon the Gers!

I'm the exact same. I think it's being called a realist . Our players and management and board don't share the same passion as the fans and sadly it's reflected on the field of play .

Today will be no different .
The only positive is that despite our current shambles, the mentally challengeds still fear us.

Unfortunately i'm in a similar place. Miss the days where i had a huge feeling of optimism.

Hopefully we can keep it tight, win the 50/50s & then sneak a goal. We must avoid losing an early goal at all costs

C'mon The Rangers, all we ask is each and everyone of you players give 100% and come off the park
with your heads held high, three points in the bag would be an absolutely tremendous result against the dark side.
WATP

I've always been a pessimist before these games, but it's reached new depths today as my only hope is we escape from the piggery without losing by more than 3 and avoiding an absolute hammering.
I want to be full of No Surrender, but we have a team who have lost to Hamilton, Dundee, St Johnstone and Kilmarnock and playing an enemy who have battered us almost every time we have played them.
Nothing would please me more than posting on here at 3pm how wrong I was, but right now I can only see one depressing outcome today.

To the downbeat:

I get it, we’re capable of plumbing some depths.

But this is 11 men v 11 men. Literally anything could happen, a favourable decision of a penalty or a red card. Both.

This is a complete hiding to nothing for the mutants. Yes it’s another day of turning up to a “hunskelping” ho hum.

Get yourself together and cheer the bears on. Because if we manage to fluke a goal and hang on or any permutation like that that CAN happen, you’re going to have one of your greatest days as a supporter.

And at the back of their minds they’ll be fucking dreading that possibility no matter how remote it seems.

Play up The Glasgow Rangers.

Murty’s one saving grace is that in big games he seems to get it right in terms of tactics and team set up. If only we could have melded McInnes’s ability to win the mundane games with Murty’s in terms of the more important games we’d have had a league winning manager.

I don’t fear this game under Murty as much I do playing most of the rest of the SPFL cannon fodder at Ibrox. To that end I have a feeling he will deliver a decent result today, most likely a low scoring draw. Depends on how brave he chooses to set up, too brave and we’ll get hammered, just brave enough and I can see a decent result.

Most of all the players need to stand up and be counted, they proved against Aberdeen that they are short changing us most weeks and against Hibs how to win ugly in adversity. They need to start well and take the edge of the piggery atmosphere, the longer it goes without the filth scoring the better.

We beat them in the semi with a team miles worse than this. The Hearts game has shown that the bheasts are far from invincible. We'll win this if absolutely everyone digs deep and finds a performance.

No surrender.

Unfortunately I worry the belief we are beaten before the game starts is shared by the board and the players. We need the players to stand up and come out fighting today. Pack the midfield, fight for every ball and press them every time they have possession and we have a chance

We beat them in the semi with a team miles worse than this. The Hearts game has shown that the bheasts are far from invincible. We'll win this if absolutely everyone digs deep and finds a performance.

No surrender.
Their team was far worse as well though

Back