Match Thread ** Celtic v Rangers - 30th Dec 12:00 K.O - Sky Sports **

Murty needs some PR training.

Saying the piggery is a fantastic place to play with an atmosphere second to none.

Jesus Christ.

Only a top atmosphere when WE, The RANGERS visit that place. And it is OUR own fans backing that is the highlight.

That's what you meant to impart Graeme.

Bears listeneing to BBC scotland....and moaning jeez wtf do you all expect? Fuck them! enjoy the moment eh and stop getting annoyed at some no mark on some no mark radio station.

WATP

Very proud of them today.

If it wasn’t for Gordon we would have won that, special mention for Bates and Wilson. And if anybody would happily sell Tav for buttons they know nothing about football.

We need to start taking care of the poorer sides though. To beat Aberdeen (twice), Hibs and take a point at the Piggery just makes the results against Hamilton, St Johnstone, Dundee etc. all the more frustrating.
Nail on the head.

I said, in the match thread, I was terrified when it went to Wilson and Bates at the back. I’ll be man enough to admit, they rammed those words down my throat. Well done both.

Ask any lover of peado fc what away venue in Scotland they'd like to go to most... You know the answer.

Just had an excellent point where we really could have won, and you've got idiots falling over themselves to be outraged by a comment. Anybody would think this place is infested. :rolleyes:
No I don't know the answer. Perhaps you're more familiar with their mind set than me. Murty's post match comments were ill-judged but I'm not outraged and they certainly haven't taken the gloss of that performance for me.

That said you are correct - this forum does have its fair share of idiots.

I'm happy with the game, the result and the way we played.....Invincibles my Arse !! a bit of luck in front of goal and we would have got a winning result........But well played each and every Rangers player.

11pts from 15 at Parkhead (twice), Pittodrie, Tynecastle + Easter Road. Murty appears to be able to set up a team - and when the players have defined roles, it plays to their strengths.

Players were immense today. A few on here should be embarrassed at what was said about the manager earlier.

Great performance but so far can't set up a team to break teams that sit back of that there is no denying. But hopefully with our more creative players back and and the right signings in the window he will learn.

Some standout performances today specifically the defence.
Mr Murty should have went for the juggular second half ..they were shitting it.
Still great job by the lads

When we kept the ball on the deck we played some nice stuff, we have to cut down on the high balls out of defense. We will beat them next time.

Rangers Old Firm Derby all-time head-to-head record:

410 games played
159 Rangers wins
152 celtic wins
99 draws

We’re still ahead!

I wouldn't be too hard on Murty.

We need to remember he's our u-20 coach and he was up against (allegedly) the world's No. 1 manager.

Considering the early bookings, our players did great. I feared a second yellow, esp after Alves went off.

Well done the FGR !

well done Rangers, I was hoping for a draw as a good result today but now feel disappointed as we should have won that, need to be a bit more ruthless in front of goal, both keepers kept their teams in the game today

With Miller and Wallace missing, then Alves off after 15 minutes, that was a very young Rangers team who dominated the second half. The only over 30 was Niko, and he should never have been playing.

I have no idea the stats, but that must have been close to the youngest average age Rangers team I've seen play against that mob.

With Miller and Wallace missing, then Alves off after 15 minutes, that was a very young Rangers team who dominated the second half. The only over 30 was Niko, and he should never have been playing.

I have no idea the stats, but that must have been close to the youngest average age Rangers team I've seen play against that MOB.

21.5 average

Was willing someone to go through Brown 1st half he was taking piss again, better 2nd but we need a player in there to compete against him.

We silenced them in their midden, stood up to them on the park, and could have won it. A few spells were actually a pleasure to watch, no less. And all that with a ragged squad missing at least five first team players, led by a newly promoted u-20s manager. I'm disappointed we didn't win it instead of ecstatic at the draw, which is in itself a great sign - today was a step in the right direction, even if it was a small one.

Two or three spot-on signings in January and the realistic objectives for the season are still on - second place, narrowing the points gap to first, and possibly a cup.

We competed fantastically today and really should’ve left with 3 points.
That’s a mentally challenged team on the slide IMO.

No he wasn’t

That to me was a kick in the storms to the Bears

He complimented the stadium etc blah blah blah
Watching game in Louden Copland Rd so didn't hear his comments. But I think having a pop at him is a bit off. Regardless my fellow Bear, today's a satisfactory result, all things considered. Let's unite around our team's performance. WATP!

Fucking ridiculous comment.

American Football has players that come on just to take a kick. Are they contributing to the rest of the match?

Niko has been a quality player but he shouldn't be near this team. If he makes our day and smashed in the winner I still would hope it would be his last game.
Serious question - would you have taken 0-0 before the game. I'd have chewed your right arm off. Given that I think Murty's selections has been bang on.

As much as it pains me to say it I wasnt particularly looking forward to today.

We started really well first 10 and then we were put under the cosh for the remainder of the half. I was delighted to get in at half time 0-oas they missed two great chances. Second half was a joy to watch. We played them off the park and really ought to have won that game gven the chances we created. I thought the whole team played their part and if Alfie had a little more luck he could and should have bagged a couple.

A positive end though to the break. Heres hoping we can bring more consistency to our game and it gives everyone confidence.

WATP.

Still couldn't relax watching that, but we were brilliant, everybody except Kranjcar gets pass marks from me.

McCrorie is going to be a star, Bates too.

Shame about the finishing, another day that is 3-0 and the Brendan train derails.

Roll on March.

Good result, decent performance.

It Kranjcar wasn’t on we would have had a better chance.

Don’t let the result gloss over that wee rat Forest - the sneaky wee prick could have done some serious damage to McCrorie.

Last edited:
Excellent performance from the off, Krancjar worse than a man down. Waghorn was hounded last season for 2 great saves from Gordon,

Overall, well pleased with the performance

Good performance. On that showing we are challengers to them. We clearly have a problem with consistency. We need to strengthen in January and try and get a consistent level of performance. Even if we'd picked up 6 points against Hamilton and St Johnstone we'd be right in the mix. Frustrating.

Serious question - would you have taken 0-0 before the game. I'd have chewed your right arm off. Given that I think Murty's selections has been bang on.

Of course I would.

I still stand by my view that there's no place for Niko in the team. I don't dislike the guy, he's simply not got the engine to contribute to SPFL football, nor can we afford to carry him as a luxury just because he might score a free kick. If he'd scored the winner today I wouldn't have changed my view.

Watching game in Louden Copland Rd so didn't hear his comments. But I think having a pop at him is a bit off. Regardless my fellow Bear, today's a satisfactory result, all things considered. Let's unite around our team's performance. WATP!

In principle I'll agree and today we should acknowledge the performance

We should've won today, that's what's nipping at me

What o;earth was Murty doing around 40 mins he swapped the wingers when my granny could easily see that candieas and Tav were linking perfectly. Was absolutely suicidal when Sinclair wasn’t getting a sniff.

I don’t like to sound. Negative but this man is never a rangers manager.

I get the feeling Rodgers will be off soon. Nowhere left for him to go in Scotland and you can see a rot setting in - fallen out with thumb, his golden boy Sinclair shite for months. Meltdown is coming, count on it, I just hope we can get the right guy in to take advantage.

Brenda interviewed on Clyde after the game said there was no quality on the field.

He has obviously stepped on some toes. He has asked to be allowed back on to say he is proud of the way his team performed.

Old Spew less than happy at their lack of investment in their "world wide brand"

Great stuff, they are hurting.

These Kants are there for the taking, no doubts. Just so frustrating losing those games in November/December.

Of course I would.

I still stand by my view that there's no place for Niko in the team. I don't dislike the guy, he's simply not got the engine to contribute to SPFL football, nor can we afford to carry him as a luxury just because he might score a free kick. If he'd scored the winner today I wouldn't have changed my view.

We'll need to agree to disagree. What you are saying is tantamount to 1990s Bulgaria saying it's not worth playing Stoichkov cos he's a lazy bastard.

We'll need to agree to disagree. What you are saying is tantamount to 1990s Bulgaria saying it's not worth playing Stoichkov cos he's a lazy bastard.

Fucking hell mate, I've had people putting words in my mouth before, but that takes it to a new level.

What I'm saying is that we do not have the quality and energy in the other 9 outfield positions to accommodate a player whose best days are behind him. This is Krancjar we're talking about.

Feel free to remind me of the games he's turned for us this year, either from the bench or as a starter? The moments of magic that resulted in a goal or had the stadium on their feet.....?

Back