Celtic view club structure article to be used as evidence (Daily Record)

Of course the two are the same entity. It was never in any doubt. For those of us around in the 70s and 80s, even the early 90s, the CBC was always held up as a stick to beat Rangers with as our youth structure was frankly abysmal. But there were many many articles in the papers hailing the success of the CBC and the conveyor belt of talent it brought into their first team. It's funny how all of this is now conveniently forgotten, even by the papers that printed those same articles. Add to this Stein, McNeill and others regularly presenting awards at CBC events. This one the OP has posted is just one of many from back then that proves they looked on the CBC as part of their structure. How they wriggle out of this I don't know but up to now they seem to be managing to deflect a helluva lot of the blame and shame, of which they have none.

Why would we or any other club comment on this? Its not about point scoring, its about justice for the victims, regardless of which club it happened at. Obviously the focus is on the clear peado ring that operated out of that hellhole, we shouldn't and won't make any comment on it.
Are you telling me that if the tables were turned the
Why would we or any other club comment on this? Its not about point scoring, its about justice for the victims, regardless of which club it happened at. Obviously the focus is on the clear peado ring that operated out of that hellhole, we shouldn't and won't make any comment on it.
Are you telling me that if the tables were turned there would not be a national out cry to bring Rangers down. The Nationalist Gov and the media which is anti British would be all over this relentlessly......it’s time we hit back and demand justice for all concerned. Is this not a Police enquiry now, if not, why not?

Are you telling me that if the tables were turned the

Are you telling me that if the tables were turned there would not be a national out cry to bring Rangers down. The Nationalist Gov and the media which is anti British would be all over this relentlessly......it’s time we hit back and demand justice for all concerned. Is this not a Police enquiry now, if not, why not?

Of course there would be, and there will be for this eventually I'm sure, but it won't be lead by Rangers and nor should it be.

Over a week ago now we brought this article to the forum. It’s now been picked up by the Daily Record. To make it quite clear, we did not contact anyone at the Daily Record.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/celtic-view-article-showing-club-22325226

great work and well done. Not an easy subject by any stretch of the imagination but I am sure the victims are grateful someone cares enough.
got to admire the monkeys at end of string line though ‘startling new evidence‘ Jesus it’s been known for years and if these so called journalists actually did their job properly and what they are suppose to do. Then this would have been starting position to take down separate entity From the beginning.

@BN94 - can I please ask you a question?

As someone who has worked tirelessly on this case and is clearly close to the issue - can I ask you your opinion of the media coverage of the celtic abuse scandal?

Do you agree the media in Scotland are shying away from this, almost to the point of being complicit?

Do you feel some publications have covered the issue sufficiently while others have been silent?

Do you feel/know that, if there is a reluctance to cover this scandal, it is because of journos wanting to
a. bury the story,
b. fear of repercussions and not worth the hassle
c. due to legal reasons?

Over a week ago now we brought this article to the forum. It’s now been picked up by the Daily Record. To make it quite clear, we did not contact anyone at the Daily Record.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/celtic-view-article-showing-club-22325226

@BN94 - can I please ask you a question?

As someone who has worked tirelessly on this case and is clearly close to the issue - can I ask you your opinion of the media coverage of the celtic abuse scandal?

Do you agree the media in Scotland are shying away from this, almost to the point of being complicit?

Do you feel some publications have covered the issue sufficiently while others have been silent?

Do you feel/know that, if there is a reluctance to cover this scandal, it is because of journos wanting to
a. bury the story,
b. fear of repercussions and not worth the hassle
c. due to legal reasons?
You’re first point I agree with to a certain extent. Some in the media have definitely turned a blind eye.
I think it’s no secret that Marc Horne at The Times has done a wonderful job in showing what has gone on at that club. Other media outlets have definitely chose not to cover this issue. I think that’s plain to see in the past couple of years.
Reference a,b and c.
When it comes to certain journalists then I agree with A and B.
C on the other hand we all know that these press outlets have professional lawyers. They know exactly what they can and cannot print.

One major factor in all of this has been the SNP. They have been a major stumbling block and we have the correspondence to prove it.

I also have correspondence from the SFA and how they treated a few of the victims. Let’s say they weren’t very supportive at the time and even afterwards.

What has happened at Celtic one day will all come out. I’m just so glad we have journalists and politicians outside Scotland that are now taking notice and willing to assist to gain justice.

Of course the two are the same entity. It was never in any doubt. For those of us around in the 70s and 80s, even the early 90s, the CBC was always held up as a stick to beat Rangers with as our youth structure was frankly abysmal. But there were many many articles in the papers hailing the success of the CBC and the conveyor belt of talent it brought into their first team. It's funny how all of this is now conveniently forgotten, even by the papers that printed those same articles. Add to this Stein, McNeill and others regularly presenting awards at CBC events. This one the OP has posted is just one of many from back then that proves they looked on the CBC as part of their structure. How they wriggle out of this I don't know but up to now they seem to be managing to deflect a helluva lot of the blame and shame, of which they have none.
Delay,Delay, they are clinging on to whatever time they can and hope they continue to gain Champions League revenue,which will help any financial consequences they have to face up to.

The last thing we should be doing is going anywhere near this. Celtic are doing a good enough job of hanging themselves and the courts will decide their fate. We gain nothing about shouting about child abuse.
As soon as the ' separate entity ' bullshit is thrown out of court and Celtic have to start paying compensation, Rangers should be demanding the severest of sanctions against that mob.
Because if we don't and they remain relatively intact, they are going to mobilise and come after us.

As soon as the ' separate entity ' bullshit is thrown out of court and Celtic have to start paying compensation, Rangers should be demanding the severest of sanctions against that mob.
Because if we don't and they remain relatively intact, they are going to mobilise and come after us.

What are Rangers supposed to do here? Spearhead the campaign to get them demoted? In an ideal world the SFA would step in and do the right thing. There is not a chance in hell this will happen. If Rangers were to say anything the media campaign against us would be off the scale accusing us of exploiting CSA. We just have to let it unfold. Financially they will take a hit but folk thinking there will be some sort of penatly on the park have been living on the moon for the past decade. This country is ran top to bottom by them now. No bones about it.

The Odious Creep still believes its all an " internet slur started by Rangers fans ".
This is what the Catholic mafia in Scotland think as well. As I said in another post, if we don't go all out to nail them, they will regroup against us in a fashion that will make the ' sporting integrity ' campaign against us seem like a harmless gesture.

Last edited:
What are Rangers supposed to do here? Spearhead the campaign to get them demoted? In an ideal world the SFA would step in and do the right thing. There is not a chance in hell this will happen. If Rangers were to say anything the media campaign against us would be off the scale accusing us of exploiting CSA. We just have to let it unfold. Financially they will take a hit but folk thinking there will be some sort of penatly on the park have been living on the moon for the past decade. This country is ran top to bottom by them now. No bones about it.
If it's up to us to demand sporting sanctions, then so be it. There seems to be an element among our support that will just accept them getting off scot free sporting wise but whinge about it on a keyboard.
That is what I would call unacceptable.

Last edited:
If it's up to us to demand sporting sanctions, then so be it. There seems to be an element among our support that will just accept them getting off scot free but whinge about it on a keyboard.
That is what I would call unacceptable.

Get what you are saying mate but it would have to come frm the public. A public campaign for sporting sanctions with some charities involved would be the better way. Our board could ask all day long but not in a billion years would the SFA do anything. They would be more likely to bring charges against us.

Get what you are saying mate but it would have to come frm the public. A public campaign for sporting sanctions with some charities involved would be the better way. Our board could ask all day long but not in a billion years would the SFA do anything. They would be more likely to bring charges against us.
Hopefully public opinion will demand action once the full extent of these crimes becomes apparent.

This. There is no football punishment appropriate here. CSA does not carry a price of n number of league places. Anyone talking about football sanctions in relation to this is misguided.

Justice for the victims should however, include the shutters being put up on the organisation's headquarters before it is razed to the ground and the organisation disbanded.

Last edited:
I seem to remember watching a documentary with that Mark Daly guy sitting in the Mitchell Library with a mountain of copies of the C*tic View and looking down the camera lens and saying something along the lines of “if there is anything connecting C*ltic FC and the Boys Club, it’ll be somewhere in here” - Now here’s the thing, he’s an investigative journalist who left no fkng stone unturned in his documentary into our EBT fiasco, yet the same guy is sitting saying that surely any evidence you need to connect the club to the BC is right in front of him and clearly didn’t bother actually sifting through them to find that connection because the guys on here have gone through the same back catalogue and posted ‘headshot’ headlines time after time. This proves beyond any doubt that the media in this country pay lip service to this whole sorry affair and should hang their heads in shame.

Plus MD is a huge Celtic fan. I know because I used to go out with his cousin. We find the dirt we want to find and it’s usually that which suits our agenda. BBC Scotland is poet central. Frothing at the mouth to get our EBT stuff on.

I cannot understand the silence from Rangers over this, Celtic are there for the taking.....it’s a total scandal that the Scottish Government, the SFA and the SPFL are not demanding a public enquiry and the fact that nothing is really mentioned on radio and TV platforms is just baffling. What is going on.....it can’t all just because of legal reasons surely.
Whether we like it or not mate, it's not how Rangers do things.

Many folk think that Lawwell is a genius mastermind in the Dr Evil categorie. Whilst it is true about the evil bit he has monumentally fucked up with his separate entity claim, especially as his own rancid club put this paper trail was out there in the first place.

Back