celtic whistleblower gave 14 names to police

Silence in the 70s.
Silence in the 80s.
Silence in the 90s.
Now refusing to comment.

Celtic are at least consistent.
They have consistently acted shamefully for 40 years.

Think the police should be going back to who was in charge and dealt with the complaints and ask why it didn’t get investigated the police should be liable as well for not taking that seriously.
Think they would find the the person or people in charge probably have leanings towards that mob why else would you not follow up such a serious thing such is that.
14 names highlighted, this paedophile ring could have be stopped long ago.
Wow! Just wow!
Perhaps the police have there own Paedophile ring.

How many have been convicted so far...4? 5?

If true he reported 14 then god knows how many in total there is.

Police Scotland say their investigation identified 153 victims of child sexual abuse in Scottish football, resulting in 13 arrests.

Detective Chief Inspector Sarah Taylor said: "Most of the individuals arrested and charged for abuse as a result of that investigation, including Cairney, have now been convicted and sentenced.

Hang on just a minute there!!
I haven't read this full thread, but who are the 13 people who were arrested, and why haven't we heard much about any of the others?

A spokesman for Celtic FC declined to comment.

This is what the second largest football institution in Scotland does when asked about a paedophile ring in operation.

I'm sure there was a Gerry McSherry or a Mcsherry family from I think the Barmulloch area of Glasgow its certainly not a made up name , also King was a teacher at St. Martha's school basically Balornock and they used to run a boys club at the school .
I know because myself and a mate who went there for a couple of weeks after school to play football with our pals who lived in our street who used to go to a similar school club at Balornock primary they were Catholic and were welcomed at our school, but we were told not to come back to St.Marthas when they found out we were not Catholics this was done by a priest and a school teacher .
This was my first example of religious segregation which at that time confused me and our Catholic mates because we were just all friends who wanted to play football together.
But we re the bigots!!
Fu(king the scum way!!
No outsiders aloud in incase they see or hear something untoward and it gets out!!

I'm going to apologise in advance because this is bound to come across as something of a rant but here goes anyway.

It really is time to stop the talking and actually do something productive about this.

Otherwise we are just a bunch of crackpots having a bitch and moan about inequality in our own country and we're doing it all on here.......a football forum.

I'd certainly welcome suggestions as to how we go about organising a pressure group to demand a full government enquiry into this. Despite the claims on here of poet police, poet media, poet politicians, agenda, agenda, agenda, as I understand it NOBODY is above the law in this country..... Not even them.

To date there has been no less than three separate convictions for pedophile related crimes attributed to people who worked there, side by side and ALL at the same time. That in itself should have alarm bells ringing in any country which still proclaims to have laws to govern moral decency. That's BEFORE you even take into account the allegations that have surfaced today from one of their own.

Let the lawyers take care of the compensation for the victims and their families, god knows they deserve it. But for the actual cover up, for the decades of silence and deceit for the denial and manipulative propaganda what about stepping up to the plate?

If you feel strongly enough to comment on any the above then surely you can take the time to get more involved. The only reason it has taken this long to reach fever pitch is because people like us decided to leave it to somebody else to deal with. What they did or rather didn't do was wrong, it was very wrong. All the evidence is right there now for anybody who cares to look and at long last call it out for what it is. All I'm suggesting is let's not leave it alone any longer.

Rant over ........ Thoughts please.

Police Scotland say their investigation identified 153 victims of child sexual abuse in Scottish football, resulting in 13 arrests.

Detective Chief Inspector Sarah Taylor said: "Most of the individuals arrested and charged for abuse as a result of that investigation, including Cairney, have now been convicted and sentenced.

Hang on just a minute there!!
I haven't read this full thread, but who are the 13 people who were arrested, and why haven't we heard much about any of the others?

How is it possible in this day and age for the names of the other 7 not to be known.

This proves celtc don't just control Scottish football.

Every single person who helped celtc cover this up needs to be publicly shamed and action taken by the law, even if that includes the police themselves.

Why? There is very little political desire for this to happen and the media certainly aren't going to put pressure on them or the authorities to do anything. I'll say it again; absolutely nothing will come of this. They might be shamed into releasing another statement or throwing some of the victims a few quid but anyone believing they will be properly punished or sanctioned will be disappointed.
Couple of documentaries amongst other things..

Banner for the 29th
Any banners which are obviously about Ceptic will probably not be filmed or used in mainstream media. So if we are having a dig at them and want it to be seen worldwide then we need to come up with something which seems innocent but has a hidden meaning that only becomes apparent a few days later once all the images have been used by mainstream media.

Should be possible to come up with something positive about Rangers that also highlights something negative about them. Obviously details would need to be kept under wraps.

I'm going to apologise in advance because this is bound to come across as something of a rant but here goes anyway.

It really is time to stop the talking and actually do something productive about this.

Otherwise we are just a bunch of crackpots having a bitch and moan about inequality in our own country and we're doing it all on here.......a football forum.

I'd certainly welcome suggestions as to how we go about organising a pressure group to demand a full government enquiry into this. Despite the claims on here of poet police, poet media, poet politicians, agenda, agenda, agenda, as I understand it NOBODY is above the law in this country..... Not even them.

To date there has been no less than three separate convictions for pedophile related crimes attributed to people who worked there, side by side and ALL at the same time. That in itself should have alarm bells ringing in any country which still proclaims to have laws to govern moral decency. That's BEFORE you even take into account the allegations that have surfaced today from one of their own.

Let the lawyers take care of the compensation for the victims and their families, god knows they deserve it. But for the actual cover up, for the decades of silence and deceit for the denial and manipulative propaganda what about stepping up to the plate?

If you feel strongly enough to comment on any the above then surely you can take the time to get more involved. The only reason it has taken this long to reach fever pitch is because people like us decided to leave it to somebody else to deal with. What they did or rather didn't do was wrong, it was very wrong. All the evidence is right there now for anybody who cares to look and at long last call it out for what it is. All I'm suggesting is let's not leave it alone any longer.

Rant over ........ Thoughts please.
a protest at hampden demanding the sfa do something would be a start

14 names is an very large number of people to be involved and is extremely sinister it’s taken decades for this to reach the public attention.

It’s always been out their

Shame on everyone who played their part in hiding this. Fuckin Shame on them the vile scum

A good way to take it further, but it wont happen, is to refuse to attend the game on 29th, let the 750 have a provophile fest in the corner and let the media explain why there are no Rangers fans there.

14 names given to the Police, what took them so long to investigate, maybe some of the "names" are linked in with other scandals, could it involve high profile politicians, police, a showbiz personality, priests, cardinal and football coaches,we will never know unless there is a public inquiry into this sordid mess, if it wasn't for the abuse in English football coming to light, nothing would be happening up here as has been evidenced by the silence,denial and deflection of the club with no shame,S.F.A.,Government and the media,all to protect the "good name" of a football club.

All those involved in the silence and cover up are as guilty of those already convicted and should be brought to justice.

The consequences for celtic should be their removal from Scottish football,let them apply elsewhere.

If their supporters are angry and upset by the"point scoring " shame them because they all knew and done nothing.

Just think, that's a team and 3 subs, what about the reserves,squad and God knows who else were involved.

KICK THEM OUT and jail the rest.

A good way to take it further, but it wont happen, is to refuse to attend the game on 29th, let the 750 have a provophile fest in the corner and let the media explain why there are no Rangers fans there.
Would never happen.
However as the home team could we insist that they wear a change strip as the sight of those green and grey hoops is vomit inducing for some members of our support.

11b25jt.jpg

It went on for years.
The Celtic view photographer felt it safer to store his sick stash of images in a locker at Celtic park for several years than at his home.

How is it possible in this day and age for the names of the other 7 not to be known.

This proves celtc don't just control Scottish football.

Every single person who helped celtc cover this up needs to be publicly shamed and action taken by the law, even if that includes the police themselves.
Freedom of information should give you the information I’d imagine

I cannot be annoyed with reading all posts on this thread but if McSherry knows all 14 names where are his morals ?
He knows them all and 3 have been exposed so why not name the rest ?

I cannot be annoyed with reading all posts on this thread but if McSherry knows all 14 names where are his morals ?
This is a guy who has convictions for putting a brick through Torbett's office window and harassing Cairney at his home due to the frustration of nobody believing him over 20 years ago.
He has now again made the allegations but in a different climate and I assume he has told STV the names on the list.
I know nothing of the guy other than the team he supports but his morals are never doubt .
When people like Murdo McLeod are being wheeled out to insult us with the separate entity pish this guy is a fcking hero of our times.

Last edited:
Why? There is very little political desire for this to happen and the media certainly aren't going to put pressure on them or the authorities to do anything. I'll say it again; absolutely nothing will come of this. They might be shamed into releasing another statement or throwing some of the victims a few quid but anyone believing they will be properly punished or sanctioned will be disappointed.
Mate there are lawyers all over this, and mccafferty wants to cleanse himself over his actions.

Even if he pleads guilty the full scale of whst he is pleading will get read out in court and published.

A dad of three was yesterday fined pounds 100 for making menacing phone calls to the man at the centre of Celtic Boys' Club sex claims.

Self-styled Celtic fans' leader Gerry McSherry, 44, had earlier admitted breach of the peace and alarming Frank Cairney, of Elmbank Avenue, Viewpark, Uddingston, Lanarkshire.

Sentence had been deferred until yesterday at Hamilton Sheriff Court.

The Crown accepted his plea of not guilty to banging on Cairney's door and making threatening phone calls.

At the time, Joseph Hughes, defending, told the court McSherry, had acted bizarrely after being given information involving Celtic Boys' Club last October.

The lawyer said: "He became obsessed in compiling research on the complaint and spent thousands of pounds on it.

"Police have told me his information was of great assistance to them.

"After the recent publicity involving his home address, the strain was too much for his wife.

"I understand that she contacted a solicitor with a view to divorce."

After being fined, McSherry pointed at a Record reporter and said: "You called me a phone pest. I am not a phone pest."

Former Celtic Boys' Club official Cairney was recently charged with sex offences against young boys over a 30-year period.

Last edited:
There was a Gerry McSherry that was a regular in the letters pages in the 1990's defending the Kellys and Whites at the Yahoos. I wonder if it's the same one.

A lot of folk, some of them our own fans as a wind-up, used to use his name as a pseudonym for writing into the papers & calling the open line.

Pretty sure McSherry will tell you all the names but will an anti Rangers pro Celtic Media print the names??

Mate there are lawyers all over this, and mccafferty wants to cleanse himself over his actions.

Even if he pleads guilty the full scale of whst he is pleading will get read out in court and published.
And then what will happen to the filth?

I honestly cannot see how they can continue to trade if indeed a paedo ring was going on for decades and they protected them (we know it happened but it need to be outed and more convictions in court)

Any other organisation would be shut down Celtic should be no different.

I honestly cannot see how they can continue to trade if indeed a paedo ring was going on for decades and they protected them (we know it happened but it need to be outed and more convictions in court)

Any other organisation would be shut down Celtic should be no different.

EBT's - second only to match fixing they said.

Their silence is deafening, hideous & sinister.

Erm a load of their ex coaches are now locked up.

Journalist are tweeting about the paedophile ring they had

Lawyers are fighting them for compo

Victims and victims families are shouting what happened in newspapers and on social media

Thats all happening right now as for the future who knows, but put it this way if decades of pedo priest dont keep their flock away from Chappel then we cant shame their warped into walking away from the Chapel football club..

I remember when everyone was kicking into us and sky interviewed Andy walker about the ebt’s.

I can’t remember what his exact words were but it was words like “cheating” and phrases like “ the most disgusting thing thing to happen in Scottish football” etc

He forgot the “it was an open secret” comment under oath by one of his own.

There must be a fair few who played professionally with some very, very dark secrets.

Add to that the amount of families who must have either heard from there own children or from other parents that there was something going on.

Then there is those that shamefully accepted payment to keep quiet and no doubt talked the kids round and sent them back.

What sort of people could accept a bribe to keep quiet about how there own children were being systematically abused by a nest of evil predators.

Erm a load of their ex coaches are now locked up.

Journalist are tweeting about the paedophile ring they had

Lawyers are fighting them for compo

Victims and victims families are shouting what happened in newspapers and on social media

Thats all happening right now as for the future who knows, but put it this way if decades of pedo priest dont keep their flock away from Chappel then we cant shame their warped into walking away from the Chapel football club..
And tv documentary teams are making moves as well as pressure being put on people at Holyrood for an independent enquiry into them.

Any banners which are obviously about Ceptic will probably not be filmed or used in mainstream media. So if we are having a dig at them and want it to be seen worldwide then we need to come up with something which seems innocent but has a hidden meaning that only becomes apparent a few days later once all the images have been used by mainstream media.

Should be possible to come up with something positive about Rangers that also highlights something negative about them. Obviously details would need to be

"Spotlight"

11b25jt.jpg

It went on for years.
The Celtic view photographer felt it safer to store his sick stash of images in a locker at Celtic park for several years than at his home.
the boys identities were never discovered?wonder if any of them played for st pats?

Back