celtic whistleblower gave 14 names to police

That name rings a bell, was he a phone-in regular back in the day?

The interview says what any reasonable person is thinking about this whole thing. There was clearly a cover-up and it needs looked into.

Good move OP. That was in danger of being lost in the other thread.

It makes you wonder just how much of what has gone on is still not in the public domain. He mentions numbers but doesn't really say much other than backing Birt. Having said that the numbers he mentions are scary.

A spokesman for Celtic FC declined to comment.

378258-Martin-Luther-Quote-You-are-not-only-responsible-for-what-you-say.jpg

Jesus, think is if he was bringing it up 20 years ago he was still in his 40's and people were ignoring him. Imagine how hard it would be to be a young victim to try and step forward or act if an adult isn't been taken seriously.

The article also refers to him as a 'Celtic fan'... if this was our club (and in the future if anything on this level, or anywhere close, comes out about our club) I promise I'm never setting foot back in Ibrox. How can you continue to support an institution that covered this up?!?! Mental.

Jesus, think is if he was bringing it up 20 years ago he was still in his 40's and people were ignoring him. Imagine how hard it would be to be a young victim to try and step forward or act if an adult isn't been taken seriously.

The article also refers to him as a 'Celtic fan'... if this was our club (and in the future if anything on this level, or anywhere close, comes out about our club) I promise I'm never setting foot back in Ibrox. How can you continue to support an institution that covered this up?!?! Mental.
I agree mate. This is not about us, or them, or any other club. It is about young kids who have been betrayed and lied to for years. Worst of all, it is still being ignored.

Jesus. Reading that article and scrolling down, seeing related articles about the individuals involved really does bring it home. (Torbett, Cairney, King)

Rivalry aside, the club (Celtic) really aren’t doing themselves any favours with the apparent lack of empathy towards the victims and condemnation of the people involved.

Still a Celtic fan...

If I found out that the likes of Holmes, Ogilvie, Murray, Wallace or Smith knew about child abuse at Ibrox and covered it up I would never, ever set foot inside Ibrox again.

I would be as angry as I would be ashamed.

I found that odd too. Although, it’s not a direct quote from him.

This just gets sicker and sicker by the minute all the cover ups.

Fair play to McSherry for being so public about it when that rancid mob will defend anything they do to the hilt.

For one person connected with CBC to be convicted of abuse, you could argue that they were a wrong 'in that slipped through the net, but for three people to be convicted - one twice! - absolutely reeks of a cover-up and you can't tell me any different.

This guy was never of the phone ins back in the day, I used to think it was a made up Tim name, how wrong was I?

"When McSherry learned of the boys' club abuse, he personally confronted Torbett, King and Cairney and passed information to the police and media"

Think this is the first time I've read someone openly admit he was aware of all three of them working there at the same time. Now this is a guy who has gone on record to say he informed the police of this at the time. Very damning evidence indeed for the authorities to work with now I'd have thought.

Last edited:
"Celtic was founded on charity and they say 'oh it's nothing to do with us, two separate entities' ... my backside.

He chose have chose a different phrase than that ...

This is utterly beyond belief that what was clearly a paedophile ring was completely covered up by the club and the Scottish government continue to ignore the horrific scandal

Fourteen names ? Fourteen !!!

Is this true ?

Is that people working for the Boys Club ? That's a lot of personnel for a Boys Club. If fourteen are from the Boys Club, that would probably be most of the people running it.

If it's not just the Boys Club, then who else could it include ? Perhaps people associated with it, but not formally employed or volunteering for it.

Or, people working for Celtic FC or Celtic Football and Athletic Co. ?

The changing of the Celtic name in the 1990's, might be even more significant than we thought.

Last edited:

The majority of tims to this day, and its a large majority, get more upset about anyone mentioning the cover up, rather than the cover up itself.

It is a strange, strange mindset.

McSherry was a weird one but apparently NOT bitter and just loved Celtic...and hated any 'bad decisions' they made as he thought of them.

That name rings a bell, was he a phone-in regular back in the day?

The interview says what any reasonable person is thinking about this whole thing. There was clearly a cover-up and it needs looked into.

A regular RC phone in and was always calling Daily Rhebel.

A bampot.

So sad to see this being deflected from and shows how things today and issues like Rotherham can just be ignored as the facts and circumstance doesn't fit their world view.

I serious amount of questions need to be asked of the authorities here and over the years.

People in authority who do not act on information or suppress information relating to such crimes should themselves be jailed.

That's Police in Glasgow who've lied and covered up to protect Celtic's name and Police and local authorities in places like Rotherham and Rochdale and Telford and Huddersfield and Newcastle and Oxford where Muslim child gang rape gangs have been operating and targeting white non-Muslim children.

FOURTEEN NAMES!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Jesus Fucking Christ, I feel sick to the stomach, this is even worse than Rotherham because they were allowed to get away with it for longer.

Second only to the Vatican in levels of mass depravity.

I won't say anymore on this apart from FIFA and or UEFA need to get involved if the enablers in the SFA won't.

Enough is enough!!! Close them down!

As someone posted earlier, how high up the food chain does this go? Was this a case of a few Celtic fans holding senior positions within the authorities and the media quelling the noise back in the '90s? Was this in conjunction with club lawyers using every available legal instrument to bury it and effectively gag victims?

Or did other individuals and/or organisations intervene?

Why, even now, is there a reluctance from the media to join the dots and categorically state what anyone with half a brain can see from reading reports, that a paedophile ring was in operation at that football club for decades.

Why is there no redress? Have people been paid off? Why no public inquiry?

Why the fear?

Fourteen names ? Fourteen !!!

Is this true ?

Is that people working for the Boys Club ? That's a lot of personnel for a Boys Club. If fourteen are from the Boys Club, that would probably be most of the people running it.

If it's not just the Boys Club, then who else could it include ? Perhaps people associated with it, but not formally employed or volunteering for it.

Or, people working for Celtic FC or Celtic Football and Athletic Co. ?

The changing of the Celtic name in the 1990's, might be even more significant than we thought.

That would be most people running it, just think how many more must have been aware of it throughout Celtic and acted to cover it up. Literally scores, everyone at their club.

Back