Celtics Annual Results - Shareholdings

I read that as they have 16.6 available to them in sure they increased their od from 3 mil to 10 how they do their books had always being weird is also hide fact that they will have just recurve season ticket money etc at that point
Post #210 is, I think, the accurate explanation mate.

The money they took in from transfers includes agents fees, wages in some cases, sell on fees to previous clubs. They are full of shit. £11.5m loss is not bad considering, but the money they’ve spent and the players they have should be a concern for them and they’ve spent a lot on shite and they are still shite!
There is no one left of significance to sell next year. A busted flush. lol

I’m presuming so. Why would any of them lie given that apart from false accounting they would also be defrauding Man City of their due sell on fees.
Leverkusen didn't say anything, neither did Celtic, it was all the media.

People aren't saying Celtic are false accounting, they're saying they push fee's higher in the media to appease fans and give the impression they always get a good deal, and then at times, like Tierney, they do.

First thing that jumped out at me.

Frimpong £11.5m
Klimala £3.85m
El Hamed £1m

= £9.4m?????
Frimpong went for 9.9 euros according to transfer market website which equates to 8.5 m pounds take away man Citys 30% cut which would be roughly 2.5m leaves them 6m less what they paid for him - including kamala and el Hamed that's the 9.4m - so frimpong was no where near the transfer fee quoted.

So where is the money going to come from to improve their team going forward? They are basically having to sell to bring in players, the sales this summer will cancel out what they have paid in fees but they now have very few saleable assets other than mcgregor which will generate big fees

We could potentially lose Goldson and probably will for f*ck all that doesn’t bother me really because what would we have got for him 4-6 million last year of his contract and could we have replaced him with that no guarantee.

What bothers me is the mistakes he seems to be continually making and looks half the player he was last season, doesn’t bode well with me with somebody who’s running down a contract let’s hope the fog clears from his head soon same could be said for another couple of players though.
We've made the same mistake, albeit it for slightly different reasons, in terms of keeping players who shouldve been moved on within a Summer window. I suspect had the club been more motivated to sell them they couldve generated some bids but there was an expectation that players such as Goldson and maybe Kamara could be persuaded to sign new deals thus it was worth keeping them beyond that window of opportunity.

The Celt!c figures look more funny than disastrous given the complete pack of lies they and the Scottish Media tried to feed people around their dealing.

Rangers will likely return a similarly grim set of results which is as predictable as Celt!c's were but our main concern is the work needing done on the team and squad next Summer given the number of departures which seem inevitable. Particularly the likes of Goldson, McGregor, maybe Davis who are key players and will leave for nowt, thus requiring substantial investment to replace them.

20m from merchandise sounds far to high to me

Fritz I’ll laundering money again
There are suggestions that the previous contract they had included a large bonus if the won the league every year of the deal. Hence the spfl scrambling to declare the league at the first opportunity

They’re still running at 25m a year operating losses. They’re just lucky it’s offset by player sales.

Can’t get my head around the merchandising increasing by 7m? Unless it’s some sort of down payment from Adidas.

I think our revenue will be around same as theirs for the first time despite no player sales.

how the DR reports it

It was a nightmare 12 months on the pitch but chairman Ian Bankier is bullish about the club's future despite the financial hit.

Celtic have announced a pre-tax loss of £11.5million for the financial year as the club cited the pandemic and a drop in player trading as key factors behind their loss.

It was a nightmare 12 months on the pitch as their 10 In A Row bid collapsed and that was replicated off the pitch as revenue dropped by almost £10m (£70.2m to £60.8m).

Celtic secured the Scottish Cup that landed a historic quadruple Treble but finished 25 points behind Rangers and flopped in last season's Europa League.

Money from transfers was down on previous years but that will rise next year with the sales of Kris Ajer, Ryan Christie and Odsonne Edouard not included in the financial results up until June 30, 2021.

New manager Ange Postecoglou signed 12 new players and chairman Ian Bankier is convinced the club remains in a good place.

Hold the press

Ok, gain on player sales 20/21 £9.4m, offset by Acquisition £13.5m => Deficit of 4.1 million in player recruitment.

This window rumour is after selling their top assets they have made a profit of £13.5m after intake. Take away the deficit of season 2021/21 and have £9m+ profit.

So comparison of squad in 1 year

Out goes the likes of Eduoard, Ayer, Frimpong, Christie, Ntcham and are replaced with nobody of note apart from Kyogo who they are likely to return a profit from. Was that worth banking £9m on?

Fed up reading how good they do on transfers. Their squad is about 60% worth than it was 2 years ago and have £9m to show for.

We are destroying them on and off the park.

Our assets have grown significantly. Goldson is cause for concern but if he brings home 56. I believe its a good gamble to take.

The time for us to sell is when 56 is in the bag. Not that we have to if we do it this year but because it will be reinvested and squad freshened.

Last edited:
I hope the other income £5 million is a government loan or covid allowance .... After all the fuss that was made about us using this facility "cause we/you are skint".

We we belittled by the Scottish media for taking advantage of a free loan. Be so good if they have taken more than us !

All teams in the Premiership last season except for Celtic took advantage of the loan facility, which paid out a combined total of £25.2 million

Be interested if that £5 million other income was in actual fact a loan septic telling porkies ?

"

They’re still running at 25m a year operating losses. They’re just lucky it’s offset by player sales.

Can’t get my head around the merchandising increasing by 7m? Unless it’s some sort of down payment from Adidas.

I think our revenue will be around same as theirs for the first time despite no player sales.

Bit more than luck to be fair fella. It is something that mob do consistently well.

Not really, most businesses would time their accounts for the end of the cycle. Most football clubs end theirs just as season ticket money has come in even though that is advance payment for the year to come. Makes their balance look good but professional finance people know it's all a game.

Before reporting time, every business hammers down on cash collection.

We've made the same mistake, albeit it for slightly different reasons, in terms of keeping players who shouldve been moved on within a Summer window. I suspect had the club been more motivated to sell them they couldve generated some bids but there was an expectation that players such as Goldson and maybe Kamara could be persuaded to sign new deals thus it was worth keeping them beyond that window of opportunity.

The Celt!c figures look more funny than disastrous given the complete pack of lies they and the Scottish Media tried to feed people around their dealing.

Rangers will likely return a similarly grim set of results which is as predictable as Celt!c's were but our main concern is the work needing done on the team and squad next Summer given the number of departures which seem inevitable. Particularly the likes of Goldson, McGregor, maybe Davis who are key players and will leave for nowt, thus requiring substantial investment to replace them.

That is why it is vital to win the league to comfortably player trading to freshen up the squad as well as getting the automatic champions league money.

Not winning the league this season would be catastrophic.

I haven't looked at the accounts other than what's been posted here. However for those that are saying it won't include the full player sales because of payments in instalments. I expect the profit would all be taken in year, but the cashflow would show the remaining payments to be made as transfer debt outstanding.

Exactly what I thought as posters were talking about player payments over periods. Revenue recognition and all that jazz.

Cash absolutely recognised as it occurs but the asset is sold and will be recognised there and then surely.

What happened to their long term Co-Op debt (£18m on very favourable interest rates) ??

Is that still in the accounts

not sure, I read it like

 Year-end cash net of bank borrowings of £16.6m (2020: £18.2m)

I read it as debt not credit, yet celtic fans all saying they have 16m in the bank.

I think there using it in the account as a highlight as they have reduced a very small part of the debt they owe

I'm pretty stunned they've managed a turnover of £60M and only have a loss of £11M, especially due to the circumstances created by covid.

I'd be delighted if we can get close to that.

Adidas would have been fed the 9 million global fan base pish and other nonsense. They are prolific liars in everything they do, backed up by a compliant media.

Mightily impressed with the continued reduction of operating expenses in these results and going forward into the next financial year. I suppose thats what happens when you have a ready made coaching team in Kennedy&Strachan, no DoF, an in-house promotion for a CEO, no data analytics or scouting department and a void sports science department.

Fair play to them, they do a cracking Jon turning over players. The one aspect they are better than us.
However, Ajer and Edourd were the last two sellable assets and they are gone. Where do they go from here? They have to downsize or make the champions league. They would have lost close to 50million without player sales the last two years that's crazy numbers.

I hope the other income £5 million is a government loan or covid allowance .... After all the fuss that was made about us using this facility "cause we/you are skint".

We we belittled by the Scottish media for taking advantage of a free loan. Be so good if they have taken more than us !

All teams in the Premiership last season except for Celtic took advantage of the loan facility, which paid out a combined total of £25.2 million

Be interested if that £5 million other income was in actual fact a loan septic telling porkies ?

"
I’m sure it was reported earlier in the thread that One of the conditions of taking out the loan was no bonus payments were to be made to directors and the accounts audited every 3 months

I’m sure it was reported earlier in the thread that One of the conditions of taking out the loan was no bonus payments were to be made to directors and the accounts audited every 3 months
Haha, that would have been a brief phone call. “Sorry Nicola I stopped listening after no bonuses, thanks anyway”.

Given that the season ticket revenue was still taken in then the obvious area of loss for us is hospitality.

However RTV may well have brought in more income. Plus Castore surely has increased merch revenue.

So wins and losses.
And we improved results in Europe significantly, won our group, Timmy didn’t get out theirs so our share of tv money from Europe goes up

I’m presuming so. Why would any of them lie given that apart from false accounting they would also be defrauding Man City of their due sell on fees.
Your presumption is wrong, therefore the remainder of your post is worthless.

Neither club has officially reported a fee anywhere, nor are they required to. It’s just bs numbers in the media that are wholly unofficial and not “reported” by the club in any meaningful way.

They may or may not have received the monies stated in the press, but your argument is completely without merit as “proof”

Frimpong went for 9.9 euros according to transfer market website which equates to 8.5 m pounds take away man Citys 30% cut which would be roughly 2.5m leaves them 6m less what they paid for him - including kamala and el Hamed that's the 9.4m - so frimpong was no where near the transfer fee quoted.
Still be amazed at it being 8.5m. Fair play to them, that’s a lot of money for a poor footballer who runs fast.

Since 2010, they have had cumulative revenue of 816m. How much have they in the bank?

Also, in the years we were out the league, their average revenue was around 60m. Since we have been back, it has averaged around 81m (includes "covid hit" season) so by their own words, this average would have been higher. "We are not half of anything".........

They are all experts on our numbers but maybe they should be looking a bit closer to home.

I would expect the accounts at be accurate and audited. They have cash to come in from the recent sales which will show in the next accounts.
I am more concerned about us as we are spending cash on players but not bringing anything in.
They would have problems if the transfer fees in the accounts were not correct which would be great for us.

I would expect the accounts at be accurate and audited. They have cash to come in from the recent sales which will show in the next accounts.
I am more concerned about us as we are spending cash on players but not bringing anything in.
They would have problems if the transfer fees in the accounts were not correct which would be great for us.
Nobody is saying the accounts are inaccurate, not audited or incorrect.

We are trying to reconcile the bumper fees reported in the press with what is in the accounts. None of us are arguing this second Number. The number they report in the accounts is still higher than I expected, but I do not doubt that number is true. I, and others, still think it doesn’t tally precisely with the numbers quoted in the press around the time of the sales.

I would be suprised if we spent more than we brought in this summer.

We hardly spent anything in January either.

Looking at Celtics squad of diminishing assets. Who is the next big thing our media will spin is worth pure millions?

there under 25 age players of any note are

Liel Abada
Stephen Welsh
David Turnbull
Mikey Johnston
Anthony Ralston
Liam Scales
Ismaila Soro
Conor Hazard
Greg Taylor
Albian Ajeti

I think they fcked. I dont think polishing any of these turds will suffice, even for our scottish media.

Klimala, Frimpong, El hamed etc left last year and their profit was 9.4m?

Thought they sold Frimpong for a MASSIVE 11.5m profit?
Frimpong was officially an undisclosed fee. The media made up whatever the valuation was to keep the tims happy. Those figures show they did not get the 9m up front that was quoted before the possible add ons.

I must add. It will be interesting to see the sales figure this time next year with the supposed figures for the star players that left in the recent window.

Looking at Celtics squad of diminishing assets. Who is the next big thing our media will spin is worth pure millions?

there under 25 age players of any note are

Liel Abada
Stephen Welsh
David Turnbull
Mikey Johnston
Anthony Ralston
Liam Scales
Ismaila Soro
Conor Hazard
Greg Taylor
Albian Ajeti

I think they fcked. I dont think polishing any of these turds will suffice, even for our scottish media.

Paterson is 19 years old, Kelly 21, Bassey 21, Hagi 22, and then we have the likes of kent, Bacuna, sakala, wright all under 25.

We have assets they have turds now they have sold all their promising players.

My money is on Turnbull. A turd our media keep wanting to polish. We will soon see the Ntcham effect from Keith Jackson etc.

Paterson is 19 years old, Kelly 21, Bassey 21, Hagi 22, and then we have the likes of kent, Bacuna, sakala, wright all under 25.

We have assets they have turds now they have sold all their promising players.

My money is on Turnbull. A turd our media keep wanting to polish. We will soon see the Ntcham effect from Keith Jackson etc.
They’ve been rolling Turdball in glitter as long as he’s been there

Still not turned up in any game of note yet; Old Firm’s and in Europe

Back